St. Louis Rams vs. Oakland Raiders Official Game Day thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Hope someone can upload the Mannion tape. I took a shower after he was up.

MrMotes

Starter
Penalties for Fisher are like timeouts and challenges for Martz. Fans might care but they don't.

And why should he?

Baltimore won the SB in 2012 as the most penalized team in the NFL. Seattle did the same thing in 2013. Last year NE was 3rd most penalized.

Andrew Sciliano recently tweeted this (looking at total penalties):

View: https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/631895044711034880

They're not a big deal.

Neither is the first preseason game, imo, of course...

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Charlie_zps6d236c80.jpg

RamzFanz

Damnit
My god people, Williams laid off the blitz and the first team O made a lot of good plays. It's preseason.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Since this game is over I'm gonna share a couple thoughts on tonights game.

First off, the first drive was pretty good. Foles was pretty accurate going 3/5 for 69 yards. Two explosive plays right off the bat from Kendricks (an improvement from training camp) and from Austin (get him the ball more!).

Second, the o-line looked shaky. Someone said it earlier it got ugly after Saffold went down. Pretty much what I SHOULD HAVE expected in the 1st preseason game...

Third, the D-line was a non-factor. That should also be expected by now after watching the previous years. Vanilla!!! yay...:cool:

Fourth, I didn't think our linebackers did a good job shedding their blocks. Something to work on this week.

Fifth, our backups didn't impress either. Givens and Watts had a good showing. I wish we could've seen Mannion at two but he isn't ready yet.

Lastly, THIS IS PRESEASON GAME NUMBER ONE. The sky isn't falling. No one got hurt (Saffold is fine). We're all going to be okay :).

On a slightly unrelated note, I used the u-stream.me link to watch the game and it works pretty well (especially if you don't have ad block like me). It buffers occasionally, but no ads pop up after it starts and there aren't many ads you need to click off of at the beginning; just one or two IIRC. (y)

RamzFanz

Damnit
I always say that I don't care if they win or not in the pre-season...I do care how they look doing it though...They didn't look at all good tonight...

You don't think the Rams offense looked good in their first drive ever as a team in a new scheme?

fastcat

Pro Bowler
The only thing that concerns me coming from this game is the penalties, the injuries (my god Roger saffold), and that God awful off man coverage that ALWAYS gets beat.... I MEAN ALWAYS!! that coverage should be banned by Roger goodell. The refs should throw a yellow flag every time the rams run it... at least we will give up less yards that way.

jjab360

Legend
Penalties for Fisher are like timeouts and challenges for Martz. Fans might care but they don't.

And why should he?

Baltimore won the SB in 2012 as the most penalized team in the NFL. Seattle did the same thing in 2013. Last year NE was 3rd most penalized.

Andrew Sciliano recently tweeted this (looking at total penalties):

View: https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/631895044711034880

They're not a big deal.

Neither is the first preseason game, imo, of course...

A lot of it has to do with the type of penalties. The occasional false start doesn't really matter if your offense is good enough. Big DPIs or holds on a big play can be game changers, though.

jjab360

Legend
My god people, Williams laid off the blitz and the first team O made a lot of good plays. It's preseason.
Williams blitzed a lot and the first team O made like two good plays. It is preseason though, so I'm not worried much at all yet.

The only player whose play really concerned me is GRob. I was expecting a huge jump in his fundamentals but if anything it looks like he regressed.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Williams blitzed a lot and the first team O made like two good plays. It is preseason though, so I'm not worried much at all yet.

The only player whose play really concerned me is GRob. I was expecting a huge jump in his fundamentals but if anything it looks like he regressed.

Williams didn't bring it at all like he did in TC.

When you compare Foles to other preseason QB starters, he killed it.

iced

as far as saffold goes - its reairing right now, watching it on the big screen...

shoulder tightness my ass, that's clearly his wrist

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
This was a disaster! My thoughts; Mannion looked good, and aside from 2 plays, so did Jones. Washington needs to go. The depth at WR is nil. JL is just not good, making plays in the running game 9 yards down the field does not make you a star. Tavon had a nice play. Britt made an awesome block. Battle looked like sh&t.

Havenstein and Brown should have played the entire game. Fisher had his team rested as usual.

I'm sorry to be negative, because that is not me. There is simply to much talent on this team to soil themselves like they did tonight. When Oakland's 2's and 3's dominate ours, there is reason to be concerned. After all the picks the Rams have had in the last 3 years, you should kill a doormat like Oakland late right?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My initial thoughts at the very start of the game were I like the way the offence looked. But when I saw Hayes was starting in place of Long, I didn't like it! And sure enough, Ken Norton Jr.'s D Keyed on that side of our D-Line! Hayes is good in rotation, But he's no "Threat to avoid", Like Chris is, when he's in their!
The Rams had a few good moments, But I have to review the game film!

RamzFanz

Damnit

Two good plays:

Foles to kendriks 26 yards.

Foles to Austin 24 yards.

Tre Mason 6 yards.

Fade to Cook TD where defense should have been called.

Foles to Britt 8 yards.

Cunningham inches short of 2 yards.

Cunningham 6 yards.

Cunningham 6 yards.

You notice the first string RB was out of the game after the first run.

Foles sacked twice. Punt.

jjab360

Legend
Two good plays:

Foles to kendriks 26 yards.

Foles to Austin 24 yards.

Tre Mason 6 yards.

Fade to Cook TD where defense should have been called.

Foles to Britt 8 yards.

Cunningham inches short of 2 yards.

Cunningham 6 yards.

Cunningham 6 yards.

You notice the first string RB was out of the game after the first run.

Foles sacked twice. Punt.
Wait, are you agreeing or disagreeing with me lol. Other than the first two plays, which ones could possibly be considered "good" without seriously stretching the meaning of the word to fit a bias?