St. Louis Rams Season Report Card/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
For me; 8-8 would be a C. So, I think his grades look fair when taking the whole season into account.

Part of me thinks the defense deserves a higher mark, but they stunk early and were inconsistent for the most part except for the 3 game stretch toward the end.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
There was no other team in the league that lost their QB for the entire season. THAT is the end of any comparison to any other team in the league."

Exactly! Throw in your starting LT and it's a recipe for disaster. pee pee and moan about regression all you want, but losing your starting QB for the season puts you behind the eight ball right from the get-go. I cannot understand why so many people are missing this.
And add in the fact we lost Our D-Line Captain, and Spiritual Leader, Chris Long For most of the Season!

Pretty dumb grades, IMO.

I'll give it a try.

Offense: D
Defense: B
STs: B+

Overall: C
I can Live with these^ Grades!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I agree with the grade, the games vs the Chargers & Giants, showed us who we really are, especially versus top tier QB's
I think the Giants was an anomaly more than "who we really are". That was the week after they were eliminated from the playoffs and here was an obvious let down.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Seahawks were pretty ugly at times, giving up 28 to a guy dropped 3 games later, 30 points to the Chargers, 24 to a team we shut out a few games later (Oakland) and Oakland was pretty awesome at times, 16 to Brady, holding the Chargers to 13, 13 to the 49ers.

Everyone gets a C-.
But we were highly inconsistent even though we were dominate towards the end. I don't see how an inconsistent unit can be given a b grade

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Those 2, but not the Denver game against the most top tier QB alive? (well maybe second to Rodgers, but we get to face him next year).

Also the Chargers game was the one where we gave up a fumble 6, then an INT inside our own 30 right? So on drives starting outside our own 30 17 points in total?
I believe we exposed Peyton for what he really is at THIS moment, a has been, that when hit & pressured, can't make the big throws. The Chargers game seemed like so many, jump out to a lead, then Rivers systematically picked us apart in the second half....Think he went 5 straight drives without a punt...not sure what grade you'd give this unit, but mine, in light of the fact that they knew the offense would struggle, showed a slightly below average unit, week in, week out.

I think the Giants was an anomaly more than "who we really are". That was the week after they were eliminated from the playoffs and here was an obvious let down.
500+ yards shows inconsistency at best, down-right inadequate at worst. To lay down because they KNEW we were out of the playoffs??? Unacceptable...It should mean we need coaching changes....Most of us knew the playoffs were over after the 6th loss...The Diego game confirmed it, no matter that we were still "in the hunt" mathematically.