St. Louis Cardinals Discussion Thread.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
You guys here are the only Cards fans I've read that wanted him back or is surprised he's gone. I know it was a roller coaster of a season, maybe that's why he's gone. Couldn't keep the team performing to the expected level.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Juan Yepez, Nolan Gorman, and Lars Nootbaar are absolutely murdering the AFL. I believe the Desert Dogs (which has your Dodger prospects there, I believe) are undefeated thus far, and those three are a major reason why.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Oliver Marmol is going to be the next manager of the Cardinals, according to an article. Served as the bench coach for us this year, first base-coach during the last year of Matheny. Would be the youngest manager (35 years old) in MLB (actually coached the A-short team at 25 years old), and the first manager-of-color of the Cardinals..

Here's hoping for a McVay-like impact from Marmol!

Memento

Name
Jemma
Absolute fucking joke that David fucking Ortiz got elected, let alone on the first ballot. He's as much a juicer as Bonds, Clemens, and A-Rod. And Scott Rolen not getting in? Jim Edmonds and Lance Berkman falling off? Hell, vote Todd Helton, Billy Wagner, or Andruw Jones as well as Rolen! It's horse-fucking-shit. Like the horses fucking and spewing shit from their anuses kind of horse-fucking-shit.

I think it's utter elephant shit that Ortiz is a proven juicer and gets all those accolades. Meanwhile, you have Bonds, Clemens, and Schilling on their last ballots, A-Rod, Sosa, McGwire, Palmeiro, Sheffield, etc. Might as well elect them since we're giving a pass to a fucking cheat like David motherfucking Ortiz.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
You lost me at Rolen, never thought of him as anything special it took him 17 years to break 300 HR's. He was a good player just not one I associate with the hall.

But for the rest of it I'm right there with you, the one that pisses me off the most being left out is Schilling. Those ass hats voting aren't even keeping him out for his on field performance. They don't like him for his political views which is pathetic. But to me the Hall of Fames in every sport have been a joke for a very long time.

Memento

Name
Jemma
You lost me at Rolen, never thought of him as anything special it took him 17 years to break 300 HR's. He was a good player just not one I associate with the hall.

But for the rest of it I'm right there with you, the one that pisses me off the most being left out is Schilling. Those ass hats voting aren't even keeping him out for his on field performance. They don't like him for his political views which is pathetic. But to me the Hall of Fames in every sport have been a joke for a very long time.

I look at all of his Gold Gloves. Barring Brooks Robinson, Rolen was the best defensive third baseman of all time. And the fact that he broke 300 homers with his injuries and still won all of the Gold Gloves he did...that's HOF worthy, much like Edmonds and Jones with their defensive contributions. Helton had the raw stats, Wagner was one of the best closers in the game, Berkman and Beltran should be in, but they won't be.

And if Ortiz got in, Bonds, Clemens, Pettitte, A-Rod, Sosa, McGwire, Palmiero, Sheffield, all of the juicers with the stats should get in. Ortiz was literally juicing his entire fucking career, and he got in because he was popular.

And yes, while I disagree entirely with Schilling's political views, he should've made it last year. The Hall does not have the right to blacklist players who disagree with them; no Hall should. It's about players who were exceptional on the field.

For that matter? Shoeless Joe Jackson should be in the HOF, and I firmly believe that he never fixed a single inning; this was Landis wanting to make a splash. I can see why Pete Rose is not in, because the guy bet on games as a player and a manager, but if Ortiz - a known cheater - gets in, I don't see why Rose doesn't have a plaque in the Hall.

I'm sorry, but this really pissed me off. The people who judge for the HOF are a disgrace.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
And now Shildt gets fired? Didn’t see that coming. My money is on Yadi as the next manager - he can play and manage in 2022 and then just manage for the next 30 years after that.
Nothing would surprise me with Yadi. That dude just operates on a different level. A great Cardinal, and I don’t even like them, but he’s one of the best, period.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Tano

Legend
Yeah, Chandler Redmond was impressive. And Matt Koperniak (outfielder for the Springfield Cardinals; the same affiliate as Redmond) hit for the cycle the day before.
A home run cycle is even more impressive. That was awesome.

And I am a Dodger fan but have never hated the Cardinals even though you guys played us tough many times in the playoffs.

Memento

Name
Jemma
ALBERT PUJOLS GRAND SLAM OFF THE BENCH! NUMBER 690! MAYBE HE'LL REACH 700?

Memento

Name
Jemma
So many reasons to be excited for the Cardinals right now. Albert "The Machine" Pujols on a quest for 700 home runs. Goldschmidt and Arenado being co-MVPs (honestly, I can't pick between them; they've both had MVP caliber seasons). Montgomery and Quintana stabilizing the rotation, with hopefully good!Flaherty to come in later on to make our rotation one of the best in the league. All of the rookies and young players coming in to help us this year (normally, if you're close to the lead in rookies brought up, you're having a bad year, but our rookies have all contributed in making this a playoff year), like Gorman, Liberatore, Herrera, Thompson, Pallante, Donovan, Yepez, Naughton, etc.

And that's not even getting into the farm system. We have an elite farm system.

Tano

Legend
So many reasons to be excited for the Cardinals right now. Albert "The Machine" Pujols on a quest for 700 home runs. Goldschmidt and Arenado being co-MVPs (honestly, I can't pick between them; they've both had MVP caliber seasons). Montgomery and Quintana stabilizing the rotation, with hopefully good!Flaherty to come in later on to make our rotation one of the best in the league. All of the rookies and young players coming in to help us this year (normally, if you're close to the lead in rookies brought up, you're having a bad year, but our rookies have all contributed in making this a playoff year), like Gorman, Liberatore, Herrera, Thompson, Pallante, Donovan, Yepez, Naughton, etc.

And that's not even getting into the farm system. We have an elite farm system.
Good luck getting past the Dodgers - they are a machine this year

Memento

Name
Jemma
Paul Goldschmidt with the fucking M-V-P!!!!

Tano

Legend
Paul Goldschmidt with the fucking M-V-P!!!!
My brothers favorite player with the Diamondbacks

He stopped rooting for the Dodgers when they got rid of Pizza Man

And has stopped watching the Diamondbacks for the most part when they got rid of Gooooooooooolllllllllllddddddddschmidt