RUMOR Source: Chargers/Rams Join Trade Talk for Zach Ertz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I don’t want to move Kupp. But...

Where do we find cap dollars, for now and/or the future to keep shaping the vision we dealt Stafford for?

Kupp frees up cash... is there is a combination of Jefferson and Ertz that you’d rather have? Or those dollars go to the oline needs?, etc.

Whatever keeps shaping the team under this vision involving Stafford.

Kupp is among our few trade pieces of value. Maybe Havenstein the other... if we feel we can replace them. These dollars can go elsewhere.

But, for me, it’s not that I want to trade Kupp. I simply want the best team.

Well I'm not a CAP guru by far but there are restructures the Rams can do to free up room prior to even trading anyone. Also from what I've read, they can add a void year to Stafford to save about 15 mil on top of that. I would either trade A Robinson or cut him since he saves about 4 mil pre June and 6 mil post June or make him take a pay cut to stay on the team and then trade or cut Brockers as he also saves 4 mil pre June and about 7 mil post June. Next, I'd say get rid of Kenny Young for more savings of just over 2 mil as he's easily replaceable.
Also, doesn't Gurley's dead cap hit fall off next year? I would think that needs to be considered in this situation by as well. Either way, I know moves need to be made, I just hope we make the ones where we have replacements on hand. I feel much better with Kupp, Woods , and Higbee than I ever would with Woods, an old ass Ertz and Jefferson in only his 2nd year.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Now I will say this, if the Rams get Ertz at a lower cost than keeping Higbee (essentially swapping out TEs for cost) without losing any crazy draft capital, then I understand and feel better about that since Ertz has produced in the past. This dead money is severely handicapping the Rams right now unfortunately.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
but there are restructures the Rams can do to free up room prior to even trading anyone

Yeah, at some point you can’t keep loading the books. I think restructuring works for tweaks, but not adding a full additional top end guy. We seem tapped.

It feels to me, someone has to go (if we add a bigger name FA).

You mentioned Brockers, yes... he’d be another area for possible dollar shifting.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Lol. Sure, why not. The Rams are linked to every damn trade and free agent rumor on the planet at this point.

Why not see if we can get Kershaw??? I mean, just for the splash of it?? We can just restructure some guys....

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Ertz was less productive than Higbee in 2020. Why would we want to give up anything of value for him and his bloated contract?

Don’t really understand this either! Sure seems like there are greater concerns in other areas (OL, Speed WR, LB, etc). But, That is just my Very Uneducated Opinion!

jacktheripper85

Starter
Don’t really understand this either! Sure seems like there are greater concerns in other areas (OL, Speed WR, LB, etc). But, That is just my Very Uneducated Opinion!

Considering what’s been going on in Ram’s land it could just be a motivational ploy to get Higbee fired up. Considering how his production plummeted last year maybe the brain trust think it was more of an effort issue than injury.

Really feels like McVay is embracing the “Patriot” way and whether you are a coach or a player if you aren’t going to give maximum effort and be open to change you aren’t going to be here.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@El Chapo Jr welcome aboard brother.
For me it's not that I think he is injury prone it's more that his injuries occur at the most inopportune times and I understand just like the injury itself it's bad luck but the fact of the matter is he has missed I believe every crucial game the rams have played in.

Again I get it's dumb luck but oh what could have been lol.

One thing to add too is new qb Goff looked to kupp a lot they had chemistry now Stafford may look elsewhere first I wonder how kupp will do with targets.

That said if you could turn Kupp into Detroit's center Ragnow(spelling???) a pick and a almost half price Marvin Jones would you do it because then the trade could fill multiple holes.

Example:

Lions get:
Kupp

Rams get:
Ragnow and a 4th

In essence
-Ragnow and a 4th
-Marvin Jones (FA)
-Money savings another FA

Like a 4 for 1 :)
[/QUOTE]

I don’t hate this idea. I wonder if Van Jefferson could become the kind of receiver that Kupp is.

Considering what’s been going on in Ram’s land it could just be a motivational ploy to get Higbee fired up. Considering how his production plummeted last year maybe the brain trust think it was more of an effort issue than injury.

Really feels like McVay is embracing the “Patriot” way and whether you are a coach or a player if you aren’t going to give maximum effort and be open to change you aren’t going to be here.

Higbee was playing a brace. He wasn’t 100%

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Two guys the Rams need to be careful with when looking strictly at the numbers and business side are Brockers and Woods. These guys are the heart and soul of this team and that means something to everyone else on the team.

jacktheripper85

Starter
is.

Higbee

Considering what just happened with Goff and his thumb I doubt the Rams care if Higbee was wearing a brace all year if they are inquiring about Ertz. Either way-injury or effort-it’s obvious the Rams want more production out of the position

@El Chapo Jr welcome aboard brother.
For me it's not that I think he is injury prone it's more that his injuries occur at the most inopportune times and I understand just like the injury itself it's bad luck but the fact of the matter is he has missed I believe every crucial game the rams have played in.

Again I get it's dumb luck but oh what could have been lol.

One thing to add too is new qb Goff looked to kupp a lot they had chemistry now Stafford may look elsewhere first I wonder how kupp will do with targets.

That said if you could turn Kupp into Detroit's center Ragnow(spelling???) a pick and a almost half price Marvin Jones would you do it because then the trade could fill multiple holes.

Example:

Lions get:
Kupp

Rams get:
Ragnow and a 4th

In essence
-Ragnow and a 4th
-Marvin Jones (FA)
-Money savings another FA

Like a 4 for 1 :)

I don’t hate this idea. I wonder if Van Jefferson could become the kind of receiver that Kupp is.

Higbee was playing a brace. He wasn’t 100%
[/QUOTE]

Considering what just happened with Goff and his thumb I doubt the Rams care if Higbee was wearing a brace all year if they are inquiring about Ertz. Either way-injury or effort-it’s obvious the Rams want more production out of the position.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO Kenny Golladay would be perfect. Perriman would definately work.
Golladay will cost Woods money, Perriman 1/2-1/3rd of that
BP is a perfect 3/4 WR, not a #1 type, but he can get deep

dang

Legend
Ertz was less productive than Higbee in 2020. Why would we want to give up anything of value for him and his bloated contract?
Agreed. I think Ertzs best days as a receiver are in the rear view mirror. He might be an upgrade as a blocker but my guess is he is looking for $6m+/year. Which the Rams font have.

dang

Legend
Agreed. I think Ertzs best days as a receiver are in the rear view mirror. He might be an upgrade as a blocker but my guess is he is looking for $6m+/year. Which the Rams font have.
correction.,,Rams don’t have.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And I named my dog after him so BACK OFF!!!!
Sam Bradford says hi.
20770.jpeg

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
He doesn't block... Watched him for yrs... Not his thing.

For a blocking TE I would like them to give Blanton a chance. They have carried him on the PS squad for two yrs, time to give him a shot as a #3 or #4 TE.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also, Frank Ragnow is one of the NFL's best Centers. The Lions aren't going to trade him. And we certainly wouldn't get him and a fourth for Kupp.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Frankly, I want to see more Mundt.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Also, Frank Ragnow is one of the NFL's best Centers. The Lions aren't going to trade him. And we certainly wouldn't get him and a fourth for Kupp.

I am guessing it would probably be just the reverse! Kupp and a Draft Pick for Ragnow!! I would consider the Rams very lucky if they could get a straight trade of Kupp for Ragnow!!! But, that would get Ragnow back with Stafford AND Kupp back with Goff!!! EVERYBODY would be Happy (RIGHT?!!!)!

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I am guessing it would probably be just the reverse! Kupp and a Draft Pick for Ragnow!! I would consider the Rams very lucky if they could get a straight trade of Kupp for Ragnow!!! But, that would get Ragnow back with Stafford AND Kupp back with Goff!!! EVERYBODY would be Happy (RIGHT?!!!)!

That was the point of the post. As well as opening up some flexibility for the other moves. It's all hypothetical but we have some people who think they are real GM's and received the "call" ...I won't mention names!!!!

That's said do you have a feeling one of our receivers will be going. I really can't shake that feeling.