RUMOR Source: Chargers/Rams Join Trade Talk for Zach Ertz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Don't know why some peeps are fascinated with trading Kupp. Just plain retarded if you ask me. You don't trade away affordable offensive weapons that would give Stafford less options. Kupp is a legit player, Goff not reading the field as well definitely capped his effectiveness. Spreading the ball because our QB reads the field better will open things up much more than Goff locking his eyes on Kupp every damn 3rd down
We like to have some fun on this board, as well as talk serious football.

Kupp is an outstanding WR but i value reliability, dependability and durability higher than most fans do. To use a relatable analogy...i'd rather have the average co-worker who shows up every day over the guy who busts his ass but calls out every Friday.

Injuries. I want Kupp on this team, but the dude needs to be in uniform and ready to go for the playoff runs. Period.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

Kupp is an outstanding WR but i value reliability, dependability and durability higher than most fans do. To use a relatable analogy...i'd rather have the average co-worker who shows up every day over the guy who busts his ass but calls out every Friday.

Injuries. I want Kupp on this team, but the dude needs to be in uniform and ready to go for the playoff runs. Period.

No worries, I know the fun folks have on here and please know I'm never the business of being too serious. Also I'm not easily offended either as I'm bit of a goofball myself.

I feel like folks have the misconception that Kupp is super injury prone when he isn't. He's literally had one year where he had a serious injury. If you ask me, based on the number of games he's been available, seems pretty darn reliable to me. Not to mention that dude worked his butt off to come back and do so with excellent results. Huge mistake if we ship him off somewhere. Also mentioning Danny Amendola in that trade discussion isn't worth it cuz that right there is a real injury prone WR I would not want
Screenshot_20210220-171641_ESPN.jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
No worries, I know the fun folks have on here and please know I'm never the business of being too serious. Also I'm not easily offended either as I'm bit of a goofball myself.

I feel like folks have the misconception that Kupp is super injury prone when he isn't. He's literally had one year where he had a serious injury. If you ask me, based on the number of games he's been available, seems pretty darn reliable to me. Not to mention that dude worked his butt off to come back and do so with excellent results. Huge mistake if we ship him off somewhere. Also mentioning Danny Amendola in that trade discussion isn't worth it cuz that right there is a real injury prone WR I would not want
View attachment 43852
Cheers dude and welcome to the board. It's going to be a long offseason.

dang

Legend
Don’t touch Kupp and Woods. Find that burner WR to stretch the field, improve our pass protection to give Stafford 3+ seconds on pass plays and let her rip.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Cheers dude and welcome to the board. It's going to be a long offseason.

Cheers to you as well and thanks. I agree it's gonna be a long off season as I'm sure the Rams will make more moves that start some long threads. Hopefully they mostly pay off so we can all celebrate a SB ring

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Welcome aboard @El Chapo Jr

consistency at the TE slot. A dynamic weapon hopefully in the form of a field stretcher but could be something creative coming.
shore up the OL and the offense will be where it needs to be.
We don't need major changes but some creative impactful tweeks will help to open the playbook and unleash the gunslinger

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I feel like folks have the misconception that Kupp is super injury prone when he isn't.
Well he is injury prone as far as he has been injured more than once. Super injury prone? No ofcourse not, but still take into consideration the injuries he has had. By the way welcome to the board @El Chapo Jr :cheers2:

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Echoing other posters, the team has other pressing needs. This would be an ideal scenario if the Rams had a decent O-line, OLBs, and a WR deep threat (please no Desean Jackson requests everyone).

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
@El Chapo Jr welcome aboard brother.
For me it's not that I think he is injury prone it's more that his injuries occur at the most inopportune times and I understand just like the injury itself it's bad luck but the fact of the matter is he has missed I believe every crucial game the rams have played in.

Again I get it's dumb luck but oh what could have been lol.

One thing to add too is new qb Goff looked to kupp a lot they had chemistry now Stafford may look elsewhere first I wonder how kupp will do with targets.

That said if you could turn Kupp into Detroit's center Ragnow(spelling???) a pick and a almost half price Marvin Jones would you do it because then the trade could fill multiple holes.

Example:

Lions get:
Kupp

Rams get:
Ragnow and a 4th

In essence
-Ragnow and a 4th
-Marvin Jones (FA)
-Money savings another FA

Like a 4 for 1 :)

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
@El Chapo Jr welcome aboard brother.
For me it's not that I think he is injury prone it's more that his injuries occur at the most inopportune times and I understand just like the injury itself it's bad luck but the fact of the matter is he has missed I believe every crucial game the rams have played in.

Again I get it's dumb luck but oh what could have been lol.

One thing to add too is new qb Goff looked to kupp a lot they had chemistry now Stafford may look elsewhere first I wonder how kupp will do with targets.

That said if you could turn Kupp into Detroit's center Ragnow(spelling???) a pick and a almost half price Marvin Jones would you do it because then the trade could fill multiple holes.

Example:

Lions get:
Kupp

Rams get:
Ragnow and a 4th

In essence
-Ragnow and a 4th
-Marvin Jones (FA)
-Money savings another FA

Like a 4 for 1 :)

As much as I like Kupp (And, That is a Lot!), I would do that trade in a Heartbeat!!! For Stafford to get his Center and for the Rams to greatly improve their OL I think that would be HUGE for the Rams!!! I would do that trade straight up without the 4th round pick (But, That would be Nice/A Bonus!)! Still not sure the Lions would make that trade but to get Goff his favorite WR the Lions just might do it!!!

Last edited:

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
As much as I like Kupp (And, That is a Lot!), I would fo that trade in a Heartbeat!!! For Stafford to get his Center and for the Rams to greatly improve their OL I think that would be HUGE for the Rams!!! I would do that trade straight up without the 4th round pick (But, That would be Nice/A Bonus!)! Still not sure the Lions would make that trade but to get Goff his favorite WR the Lions just might do it!!!

I think the trade is very fair and in turn the lions can sign Blythe lolololol apparently most of us think he is blah but the rest of the league views home as average to above average.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John

I feel you man.

But on the flip side, Kupp help get us into the playoffs.

Kupp is to the go to guy you need on your team that is difficult to replace.

And I named my dog after him so BACK OFF!!!! :biggrin:

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek

Besides the one major injury what other injury issues has Kupp had?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Thanks for all the welcome folks. I'm sticking to my guns about Kupp as he's already on our roster. No guarantees for Marvin Jones and I think Kupp is a hellauva lot better than Jones. Plus I'd rather they reconstruct contracts to sign a better FA center than the Lions one or just draft one for once. I'd rather take a wait and see approach with our current WRs for this year and would rather they trade one of them next year if there is a decline in production, a major injury, or they just have no chemistry whatsoever with Stafford (which I doubt).

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Don't know why some peeps are fascinated with trading Kupp. Just plain retarded if you ask me. You don't trade away affordable offensive weapons that would give Stafford less options. Kupp is a legit player, Goff not reading the field as well definitely capped his effectiveness. Spreading the ball because our QB reads the field better will open things up much more than Goff locking his eyes on Kupp every damn 3rd down

I don’t want to move Kupp. But...

Where do we find cap dollars, for now and/or the future to keep shaping the vision we dealt Stafford for?

Kupp frees up cash... is there is a combination of Jefferson and Ertz that you’d rather have? Or those dollars go to the oline needs?, etc.

Whatever keeps shaping the team under this vision involving Stafford.

Kupp is among our few trade pieces of value. Maybe Havenstein the other... if we feel we can replace them. These dollars can go elsewhere.

But, for me, it’s not that I want to trade Kupp. I simply want the best team.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t want to move Kupp. But...

Where do we find cap dollars, for now and/or the future to keep shaping the vision we dealt Stafford for?

Kupp frees up cash... is there is a combination of Jefferson and Ertz that you’d rather have? Or those dollars go to the oline needs?, etc.

Whatever keeps shaping the team under this vision involving Stafford.

Kupp is among our few trade pieces of value. Maybe Havenstein the other... if we feel we can replace them. These dollars can go elsewhere.

But, for me, it’s not that I want to trade Kupp. I simply want the best team.
"I thought we was Bros before Hos, CGI?" ~ Kupp

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ertz was less productive than Higbee in 2020. Why would we want to give up anything of value for him and his bloated contract?