RUMOR Source: Chargers/Rams Join Trade Talk for Zach Ertz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
What would y'all think of giving up Hopkins and a pick for Ertz? Personally, I'd do it if the pick wasn't too high.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What would y'all think of giving up Hopkins and a pick for Ertz? Personally, I'd do it if the pick wasn't too high.
I just don't think we have the cap freedom to. Have bigger fish to fry and improve over TE.

BUT, I'm on the Hopkins fan club.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I was about to post that too @Merlin ... any TE talk doesn’t sound good for Hopkins.

The ONLY way I see a Ertz move is moving Kupp to somehow make the dollars work... Jeff takes Kupp’s spot.

I think mcvay has big plans for hopkins and despite some nfl writer saying Everett is the one offensive player the rams need to retain, Everett will go bye bye and Stafford will make higbee fantasy owners look like geniuses.

Also there are better options for the money on defense or wr or center.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Another scenario: we trade for Ertz, and end up cutting/trading Higbee, which saves over 4 million. I like Higbee, but he's being paid like an all-around tight end, when he isn't. He's great at blocking, a good receiver, but not the dynamic force Ertz could be.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That would be scary. Higs is durable.

Memento

Name
Jemma
That would be scary. Higs is durable.

Higbee was also injured and ineffective most of the 2020 season. Yes, he played through it, but I'm just trying to state all scenarios.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Another scenario: we trade for Ertz, and end up cutting/trading Higbee, which saves over 4 million. I like Higbee, but he's being paid like an all-around tight end, when he isn't. He's great at blocking, a good receiver, but not the dynamic force Ertz could be.
Higbee for Ertz straight up?
Where do I sign

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
The guy constantly wins against his defender. I don't think he was the main issue last season as the gils QB situation isn't ideal to say the least. I'd kick the tires if he was willing to extend his contract making his deal a team friendly one. Even tho he's 31 he had a couple good years left

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Trade Higbee and Kupp to the Detroit Goff's for TJ Hockenson, Danny Amendola and our 3rd rd pick back. Then bring Marvin Jones in here.
iu

iu

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan

i don't know what happened but i think higbeast set a rams record for consecutive games over 100 yrds. than for some reason mcvay seemed to forget he was on the team. sometimes i think mcvay out thinks him self he finds something that is working than he seems to go away from it i guess he thinks the other teams will figure it out.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah Higs is his buddy. They've been bros since he was drafted. Kupp is his bff though.
I get that, Higs just doesnt get open. I'm sure he'd love for Kupp to join the party though

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Trade Higbee and Kupp to the Detroit Goff's for TJ Hockenson, Danny Amendola and our 3rd rd pick back. Then bring Marvin Jones in here.
iu

iu

Don't know why some peeps are fascinated with trading Kupp. Just plain retarded if you ask me. You don't trade away affordable offensive weapons that would give Stafford less options. Kupp is a legit player, Goff not reading the field as well definitely capped his effectiveness. Spreading the ball because our QB reads the field better will open things up much more than Goff locking his eyes on Kupp every damn 3rd down