Some things that I’m hoping to see, preferably as soon as the Bengal game…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
A few snaps for Zack Evans to spell Williams. Just start with 5-6 snaps or so to see what the kid’s got.

More 12 sets. This could really help get our running game going, plus I think Hopkins or Allen could be weapons that really stress opposing D’s, always a good thing.

More running plays called. Stafford throwing 55 times per game is unsustainable.

Sit Jefferson and give his snaps in 11 sets to Robinson/Skow/ Trammel until one of them breaks out.

A lot less Kendrick and a helluva lot more Tomlinson. This should be a no brainer for Morris after 2 games. C’mon…

Kyren Williams’ return snaps should be over immediately. Period.

Snead should be exploring every option to bring in an edge player that is more effective than Hoecht. Then return Hoecht to that DL for more depth.

Thoughts?

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm not sure Evans is ready but more snaps for Rivers seems to be in the offing. I'd like to see what the kid can do. Had a nice run called back due to penalty.

Curious about 12 personnel, seems like we had some more in 1st week, less in 2nd but more overall from years past.

Stafford throwing as much was a product of us being down at the end, I think I like our pass/run split 2 games in aside from that.

Sit Jefferson, yeeesh! It's 2 games, he's shown he can be a solid contributor, let's see if he can clean some things up.

Yeah... I'm getting an itchy trigger finger on pulling Kendrick for Tomlinson though I'm not sure Tomlinson improves the penalties we get from Kendricks as that's the big reason T isn't playing.

100% on Williams not returning.

Hoecht really improved from game 1-2. Let's see what he can do with a few more games under his belt. Also... there's no option better at this point.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
A few snaps for Zack Evans to spell Williams. Just start with 5-6 snaps or so to see what the kid’s got.

More 12 sets. This could really help get our running game going, plus I think Hopkins or Allen could be weapons that really stress opposing D’s, always a good thing.

More running plays called. Stafford throwing 55 times per game is unsustainable.

Sit Jefferson and give his snaps in 11 sets to Robinson/Skow/ Trammel until one of them breaks out.

A lot less Kendrick and a helluva lot more Tomlinson. This should be a no brainer for Morris after 2 games. C’mon…

Snead should be exploring every option to bring in an edge player that is more effective than Hoecht. Then return Hoecht to that DL for more depth.

Thoughts?

Agree with most of this, although Hoecht showed some slight improvement in the 49'er game. My best guess is that the Rams will wait until mid-season to search out another outside Edge rusher if they still feel the need. Ochaun Mathis may come off IR soon, if he returns by game 5, he'll have a short window to project value going forward. We might also see Keir Thomas brought up from the practice squad before another OLB is brought in.
jmo.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Would like to see it as well - heard somewhere he had (has) head issues, but he's supposed to be our best pure runner.
Dunno - watching the Atwell/Nacua show was fun. But yeah, would like to see the oline jell in the running game.
Agreed - but to be fair, average is 46, and he had to throw vs SF. Wasn't theSeattle game pretty much 50-50?
100% - I know it was pre-season, but would like to see Trammel as well, hoping he ain't Spruce
Careful what you wish for, but I'd like to see him as well other than pre-season. Not as down on Kendrick as some (most?).
Who would you use?
This is really only his second year at a new position. Would rather ride it out this year, and see how he, Young and Hampton develop.
(Wish we still had Morgan Fox). Plus as Williams and Turner develop, he'll have more help.
Thoughts?
Overall, I just want to ride it out this year, see how our 15 rooks turn out, keep ALL our draft picks, get rid of the dead cap and kick ass in 2024. We just don't have the roster to compete for a Superbowl imo.

Plus, there are a bunch, as in 8-10, VERY good QBs coming out next year, and we are getting one, who will then learn under Stafford.
Our good picks from last and this year will be that much better, and we'll have picks AND money.

Superbowl!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agree with most of this, although Hoecht showed some slight improvement in the 49'er game. My best guess is that the Rams will wait until mid-season to search out another outside Edge rusher if they still feel the need. Ochaun Mathis may come off IR soon, if he returns by game 5, he'll have a short window to project value going forward. We might also see Keir Thomas brought up from the practice squad before another OLB is brought in.
jmo.

You make excellent points about Mathis and Keir Thomas, River.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Would like to see it as well - heard somewhere he had (has) head issues, but he's supposed to be our best pure runner.

Dunno - watching the Atwell/Nacua show was fun. But yeah, would like to see the oline jell in the running game.

Agreed - but to be fair, average is 46, and he had to throw vs SF. Wasn't theSeattle game pretty much 50-50?

100% - I know it was pre-season, but would like to see Trammel as well, hoping he ain't Spruce

Careful what you wish for, but I'd like to see him as well other than pre-season. Not as down on Kendrick as some (most?).

Who would you use?

This is really only his second year at a new position. Would rather ride it out this year, and see how he, Young and Hampton develop.
(Wish we still had Morgan Fox). Plus as Williams and Turner develop, he'll have more help.

Overall, I just want to ride it out this year, see how our 15 rooks turn out, keep ALL our draft picks, get rid of the dead cap and kick ass in 2024. We just don't have the roster to compete for a Superbowl imo.

Plus, there are a bunch, as in 8-10, VERY good QBs coming out next year, and we are getting one, who will then learn under Stafford.
Our good picks from last and this year will be that much better, and we'll have picks AND money.

Superbowl!
Who to use as returner instead of Williams?

Damned near anybody except our starting RB. Trammel?

WestCoastRam

Legend
jmo.
Well... there also has to be a player we want to pursue and/or be available. Lots of moving parts to make a move at trade deadline happen.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Who to use as returner instead of Williams?

Damned near anybody except our starting RB. Trammel?

I'd like to give Xavier Smith a shot. He and his 4.38 40 speed was the Florida A&M returner.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Well... there also has to be a player we want to pursue and/or be available. Lots of moving parts to make a move at trade deadline happen.

I'll trust that Snead remains vigilant.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'll trust that Snead remains vigilant.
Fair... but as right now, I'm not seeing a edge that will likely be available nor worth trading for at prices being worthwhile. For instance, I like Brian Burns but I think a 3rd and two future 1sts is too much for him. (And we didn't even get him last year).

Though Burns could be interesting to come back around to this year since Panthers have so many holes and need a lot of picks to fill them. But they're gonna be reluctant to come down on what we offered last year.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Sean is not sitting Jefferson..........yet. Practically sais as much during interviews.
I would like to see what Evens has to offer. Not seen much of him myself. Did not watch any pre season games.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Fair... but as right now, I'm not seeing a edge that will likely be available nor worth trading for at prices being worthwhile. For instance, I like Brian Burns but I think a 3rd and two future 1sts is too much for him. (And we didn't even get him last year).

Though Burns could be interesting to come back around to this year since Panthers have so many holes and need a lot of picks to fill them. But they're gonna be reluctant to come down on what we offered last year.

While I'm not currently seeing us competing for a 2023 Super Bowl, I do see us as true 2024 competitors for the Lombardi. Free Agency next season as well as a decent draft could easily put us over the top, so I remain patient and hope Snead will 'hold course'.
Brian Burns was a player I really wanted until injuries began taking their toll, but at this time I can't imagine ourselves rolling out the Brink's trucks for Carolina to capitalize on that need. Free Agency 2024 may well provide additional Edge value next pre-season, Burns himself might become an easier target. I'm more worried about the cost of lost draft picks in going after him than his contract demands, and meanwhile other talented young OLB's should be making their presence known.
jmo.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Agree with most of this but still a small sample size for making too many changes.

Biggest problem v niners WAY off balanced, 55 throws versus 38 in the first game. I know we got behind a little in the second half but there was still plenty of time to keep running the ball.

A little worried that Williams won’t be able to handle the load so seeing Evans get some time would be nice. It can’t all be runs though, he’ll end up looking like Akers.

If they end up 3-1 in September things look vastly better than expected and looking for trades to get a better shot at playoffs will undoubtedly be in play. I still would be hesitant to trade first or second round picks but I’m sure they would for the right player.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I would like to see Les prioritize returners on the waiver wire. Don't like Williams doing them now that he is our starting back.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Thoughts?

LMFAO - can we go to ROD & wager that ZERO will happen by Cinncy game!!

Ronnie Rivers is the #2 RB
Then IMO Royce Freeman is the #3 RB. Mcvay likes the way he has stuck in out & can see him being in the 46.If not then he’ll still be on the practice squad for a special teams player.

Yeah - IMO again look for Zach Zach Vanvakenburg to get more Reps on defense.

Tomlinson will get reps from Whiterspoon before Kendrick.I do like what he brings.He’s the most physical tackler of the CB’s.

Mcvay already said to look for more Van Jefferson than less.

Snead is always looking to improve,but not until at least the 4/5th game that you’ll see The Rams pull the trigger on a trade.

Agree on less throws,which means they’re not playing from behind & controling the game on the ground.
That would help if The Rams like you said would go more 12 man as well.(those 2 holding penalties were killer against the 9ers).

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Pretty sure Rivers has returned some kicks. Whatever the case, with the new rule, if you don't have a breakaway threat you can always just take the ball on the 25. Especially when you have an offense capable of moving the chains. Bad things can happen when you return kicks. Fumbles and/or penalties that back you up. Unless you have a legit return threat I'd rather not see a return.

Crazy-Legs

UDFA
Name
Crazy-Legs
Agree regarding Williams. He's our #1 RB and should not be returning kicks...

I too would like to see Tomlinson on the field. He's hungry and plays fast and hard...

Hard to run on SF and we were playing behind in the 2nd half hence why we threw so much. With that said we need to get better production out of the run game and that starts with the O-Line playing better...

I doubt we see Evans anytime soon. Rivers will be our RB2 moving forward...

Jefferson is a decent WR3. I doubt they drop him down the depth chart but with that said I think this is his last year with the Rams. He just doesn't produce enough and lacks consistency...

dang

Legend
Agree regarding Williams. He's our #1 RB and should not be returning kicks...

I too would like to see Tomlinson on the field. He's hungry and plays fast and hard...

Hard to run on SF and we were playing behind in the 2nd half hence why we threw so much. With that said we need to get better production out of the run game and that starts with the O-Line playing better...

I doubt we see Evans anytime soon. Rivers will be our RB2 moving forward...

Jefferson is a decent WR3. I doubt they drop him down the depth chart but with that said I think this is his last year with the Rams. He just doesn't produce enough and lacks consistency...
I’d say Jefferson has 2 games to turn it around. Assuming Kupp comes back in week 5 there will not be enough passes to go around to feed Jefferson. I’d rather they figure out a way to get Hopkins/Allen in the game plan. No shame in being a serviceable WR3 somewhere in the NFL for the next 3-4 years. Reynolds is doing it in Detroit.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

Thoughts?
I agree. However, regarding the 12 personnel sets, I just don’t think McVay has it in him. I think he’s way too stubborn - That’s the Mike Martz coming out in him.