Some questions about how coaches really felt about certain players have already been answered, huh?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Also, hes on the last year of his contract. Unless he takes a pay cut in the form of a new team friendly contract, I doubt he'll be on the roster after this season anyways.
Oh don’t go talking about next year’s offseason , I’m doing good just to get through this offseason. No but seriously I agree unless Brockers steps up his play big time, he’d better be prepared to offer a huge discount next year, or it’s sayonara.

dang

Legend
If the Rams were going to move Brockers they would have done it by now. He is versatile and has only one more year in his current contract. While he is not elite the Rams could do a lot worse. Depending on the draft he will either remain a chess piece between NT/DE positions or beef back up and fill NT (which is what I prefer). If could see the Rams letting him go FA next year and be interested in signing him at a compensation level more in line with his production (something like J Hankins 2 years/$8.5M contract or D Philon 2 years/$10M) .

Last edited:

wild ram

Rookie
Name
Erick
And we’re barely into the 2nd wave of FA.

Where to start?

Joyner’s Ram future? What future? Weddle is a clear upgrade, although a short term one.

Peters. Rams kept him and want to see him prove himself this year before any extension decisions are made. There had been some speculation that he might have been traded/cut in a cap move after he struggled so much last season.

Barron. Coaches evidently saw what we fans saw and they made the cap move/better fit decision.

Fowler. Lot of fans saw this as 50-50, but the Rams must have really liked his upside trajectory and gave him a pricey one year extension. Fingers crossed. Edge was a huge need, and still is, IMO.

Suh. AKA “the coaster”. Lol. Too much money for too little effort. Wasn’t a hard decision, especially with the DL talent in this particular draft.

Brockers. Another player that there was cap saving speculation about, but the Rams obviously liked him and his flexibility, even with the $11M pricetag.

Ebu. Stay tuned. He’s not going anywhere, of course, but his starter status is up in the air.

Clay Matthews. Vet leader that can maybe help on edge or inside. Kinda tells us that the coaches saw need for improvement in both areas. IOW, coaches weren’t happy with their LB play last year other than Littleton. CM reportedly signed for $10M base for the 2 years combined, so that makes him affordable, at least. And he’s almost certain to be an upgrade whereever Wade schemes him. What does this signing mean for Ebu and/or Kiser?

Sully. Sadly, the coaches recognized the obvious. Father Time had caught up with him late in the season. Let’s hope that Kromer has Allen ready to start. Or Blythe? Or maybe even a draft pick?

Saffold. A tough decision for the coaches. Saffold was/is elite but the Rams couldn’t handle the cap hit that he would have consumed. Best of luck, Rodger, and thanks for the memories, man.

Malcolm Brown vs CJ Anderson. Clearly, McVay preferred MB and I agree. CJ was invaluable late last season, but let’s be honest. That Ram OL was dominating and CJ had many nice holes to run through. IMO, MB is the better backup and McVay must have felt the same.

Mannion. This was a no brainer. Bortles for $1M for the year? Is this a trick question? Lol.

So there you have it. Quite a few speculative players have had questions answered by FO/coaching decisions already and the draft isn’t for another 6 weeks.

Any surprises (or disappointments) in that mix for y’all?

What about the offensive line ? That’s been the biggest question since Goff & The Rams offense got there ass handed to them in the SuperBowl by not being able to block at all.
The blame is on Sullivan & The Rams are going with who at Center & Guard ?

BLYTHE- LMAO - he SUCKS !!!

IMO / he was the biggest problem??? So he is starting at RG again ?? I guess LG will be unmanned.

Allen the undersized Center ?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
What about the offensive line ? That’s been the biggest question since Goff & The Rams offense got there ass handed to them in the SuperBowl by not being able to block at all.
The blame is on Sullivan & The Rams are going with who at Center & Guard ?

BLYTHE- LMAO - he SUCKS !!!

IMO / he was the biggest problem??? So he is starting at RG again ?? I guess LG will be unmanned.

Allen the undersized Center ?

Blythe does not suck. Every metric before the postseason had him as a top right guard. He struggled in the Super Bowl, but everyone on offense struggled. I think he's a fine right guard.

As for center and left guard, you have Allen and Noteboom, both of whom played first-team snaps in a ton of practice games. And there's still Jamil Demby (offensive guard), whom I think has a lot of untapped potential.

wild ram

Rookie
Name
Erick
Blythe does not suck. Every metric before the postseason had him as a top right guard. He struggled in the Super Bowl, but everyone on offense struggled. I think he's a fine right guard.

As for center and left guard, you have Allen and Noteboom, both of whom played first-team snaps in a ton of practice games. And there's still Jamil Demby (offensive guard), whom I think has a lot of untapped potential.

Yet to be seen & very unproven. I did see the Bears game wear each played a series & held up against one of the best defenses.
Stilll very worried & will see how things play out. I’m not the negative fan, & believe Kromer is an excellent line coach. NEw Orleans game & Bears Blythe was getting beat as well.Sullivan played a role as well ?

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Allen looks stouter at the LOS than Sully is. He may not be a pro-bowler, but I think he will make a good-to-great center for the Rams.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Reference the Michael Brockers comments ................At the moment Brockers is our only proven starting NT.

It would be a very unwise decision to not have MB already preparing to start @ the Wade middle DL. Brockers does an outstanding job stopping the run, from lining up in front in- between the center & RG. The only other DL'er who can play the middle is 2nd season Sebastian Joseph-Day who is 6-4 315lbs. He has yet to play in a regular season gm. He did look solid in the 2018 pre season. When your two most well seasoned DL'ers are 28 yr old Brockers & 27 yr old Donald ....you know you have a very young & in-experienced DL.

I am expecting some big changes in the DL cadre for 2019 season. I believe we will see larger stronger & improved bodies from it. John Franklin-Myers, Sebastian Joseph-Myers, Morgan Fox & Justin Lawler should be in this group.

The rest of the Ram DL cadre is on the very light side of the norm:

Donald- 6-1 270's
Franklin-6-4 290
Smart 6-1 290
Morgan Fox 6-3 275
Justin Lawler 6-4 270

I would expect Snead to add a talented NT in the draft & one from free agency.