Some PFF grades vs Raiders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I'm loving this guy's story.
Undrafted underdog.
Thrown into the fire
Giving his first start highly graded.
OCR has a great story on him as does Sports illustrated.
He was actually scheduled to be our backup Center but jumped in really well as a G.
Link? I don’t know anything about this guy.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You mean last time becauae he has already had a first time. He aint no virgin. :D

Good pedigree then.

He played in front of a Heisman Trophy winner like Creed Humpries.
The thing is he is undersized.

That is what I wanted The Rams to get away from. The Brian Allen’s & Austin Blythe’s of the WORLD.

The thing is is he doesn’t cost much & he can play Center as well.
Beaux Limmer is such an Excellent Draft pick.Play Center your rookie season makes it tough on either of these ROOKIES!!

Just shows The Depth RYAN WENDLE has created & why SEAN MCVAY plays the backups in preseason can do give young players such good experience.

fearsomefour

Legend
I’d keep Noteboom on the bench. It’s his first week back. Deduct played well. Noteboom is a depth player too. He’s not a starter. At best it’s a lateral move. But after watching Joe for a few years there’s no way he gets a higher score than Derick just did.

Correction. Versatility is Joe’s only strength.
Versatility is his best strength and its a valuable one.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He can play.
He is a streaky player and I think its mostly a matter of health....even when he is playing I think is never not dinged up.
He did great work at T during the Rams Super Bowl run.
Great is generous. He wasn’t playing at Whits level, or Pace’s level. He’s s as always struggled with power rushers. His pass blocking is usually alright.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Great is generous. He wasn’t playing at Whits level, or Pace’s level. He’s s as always struggled with power rushers. His pass blocking is usually alright.
Just playing devil's advocate here, but Whit and Pace were elite. Big difference between elite and great.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think it’s funny how many people rush to the defense of a backup quality Offensive tackle who they wouldn’t want starting for the Rams. It’s bizarre.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Whit and Pace were elite.
Whit was elite. Pace was great.

During those years when Pace, Jones and Ogden were all playing, we were lucky to be seeing three of the all-time great left tackles in action at the same time. It was a true golden era for the position.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Not really. Ever here of an All-time GREAT?
No one said "all time great."

Then again, maybe I need to reevaluate my English skills.

Elite: a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society.

Great: of ability, quality, or eminence considerably above the normal or average.

We can argue semantics all day.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
All that being said, noteboom is an above average BACKUP...when he is actually available to play. Never said he should be a starter. Wanna know the truth of the matter? My opinion is they need to move on because he's never available anyways.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
All that being said, noteboom is an above average BACKUP...when he is actually available to play. Never said he should be a starter. Wanna know the truth of the matter? My opinion is they need to move on because he's never available anyways.
Overall, I agree but there are two problems with dealing Noteboom.

Either might make a trade discussion a non-starter.

The huge risk is that the Rams do not have another viable back-up Left Tackle.

The other problem is the impact on the 2024 salary cap. Per Over-the-Cap, not only do the Rams get Zero Cap Relief from a trade, it actually would cost the Rams MORE against the cap.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
No one said "all time great."

Then again, maybe I need to reevaluate my English skills.

Elite: a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society.

Great: of ability, quality, or eminence considerably above the normal or average.

We can argue semantics all day.
Great is a word used to describe the top level of players just like elite. There is nothing great about Noteboom’s game. He’s a good backup. If he was great, he’d be the starting left tackle for some team in the NFL.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Putting aside the difference between "Elite" and "Great". What the hell does "Onomatopoeia" mean?!?

Onomatopoeia is a very badass Batman villain who managed to sneak his way into the Batcave and assassinate a huge supporting character.