Some GRob updates

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I am not so pleased when a player leaves the Ram's and he becomes a star...but I don't hate him. I have been happy (and then jealous) for players like Danny Amendola and Chris Long that went to the Patriots and won a ring. The funny part about Danny A. was that we called Danny A. our Wes Welker, and then the Patriots got rid of Welker and they get Amendola and he does really well with Tom Brady.....Ah well

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i know one thing, i will never again pay regards to any college guys telling us what great feet an oline prospect has. if he hasn't done it in college i don't want the rams to spend a top 5 pick on him.

jason smith - converted te who played one year at lt in college, mainly run blocking. couldn't even do that in the nfl.
greg robinson - only run blocked in college. couldn't even do that often in the nfl.

both were horrible in pass protection. no more projects in the top 5 of the draft. i wonder if the rams have finally learnt their lesson.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i know one thing, i will never again pay regards to any college guys telling us what great feet an oline prospect has. if he hasn't done it in college i don't want the rams to spend a top 5 pick on him.

jason smith - converted te who played one year at lt in college, mainly run blocking. couldn't even do that in the nfl.
greg robinson - only run blocked in college. couldn't even do that often in the nfl.

both were horrible in pass protection. no more projects in the top 5 of the draft. i wonder if the rams have finally learnt their lesson.

I wonder if it works that way? I am pretty sure that GM Billy Devaney chose Smith, but does the experience of drafting a bust, live on after a GM is fired? (I am talking about future considerations come draft time) Snead/Fisher picked GRob, and maybe Snead will learn...but I don't think he considered Devaney's failed pick, because he has his own system along with the HC.,...Now Kevin Demoff and Stan Kroenke are the only people in Ram's management/ownership there for both picks, but don't they defer to the GM/HC when personnel decisions are made?

Every GM/HC thinks they are smarter than the guys they replaced, I bet....If they believe that, they think they know what they are doing come draft time....

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That's the rub with drafting amazing athletes who aren't that bright.

After Quick one would think they learned their lesson. Totally wasted a great pick in one of the best top fifteen drafts in years. Robinson was a huge risk.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i think half the isses had with Grob was in his head and the fact he came from a Gimmicky offense in College .. thats the main issue for scouts and the like is projecting how a player will transfer the tools he learnt in college to the NFL level

All i know is if i had a son id do my damnedest to get him into a college with a PRO style offense

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To be fair, I'd say GRob is more of a Fisher pick than Snead based on this year's draft

Perhaps, but the whole "Snead was from Auburn and so is GRob" played a lot too. I'd say it is on both of them. Just sayin. You gamble, you sometimes lose.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I really try not to judge a guy based on how articulate he sounds in an interview because people from the rural South tend not to sound too bright (even if they are). However, you were definitely right about Robinson. Unfortunately, Austin might have the same issue.

Sometimes, it works out, but it's one of those things I'd definitely be leery of in the first round.

I don't think Austin is dumb, I think the dumb arse coaches did not use him to the best of his ability. This should not be an issue with our current staff.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Why you don't trade back is beyond me.

I was so pissed. Here Snisher come in and trade the number 2 PICK Overall
Only to get it back for Free. Why not keep this trade going on forever. The gift that keeps on giving . It will always help you position yourself for players you have scouted with Very High Value !!

Bill Walsh was great at that.
Bill Parcels &
Bill Billacheat
Bills the Buffalo wanted & did trade up for Sammy Watkins.
Bills were a team The Rams traded up to get Tavon Austin.

There are always despair teams out there.

Trade back , not up , unless there is serious value in the player on your draft board. -- Like Zach Martin .
Just think The Rams passed on Aaron Donald for Greg Robinson. In theory they could have had both those players for the number 2 pick.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Perhaps, but the whole "Snead was from Auburn and so is GRob" played a lot too. I'd say it is on both of them. Just sayin. You gamble, you sometimes lose.

The Fisher/Snead combo gambled and lost plenty. GRob, Quick, Mason, Peade. All of those were picked where you would expect some sort of contribution.

Tavon might not be a bust but he's at the very least a disappointment for where he was picked. And honestly, I hope Gurley doesn't end up like Austin. After last year who knows? He has to re-establish himself now.

I just hope it was more Fisher's doing than Snead. The good picks, Donald, Ogletree, Brockers, JJ, Tru were all defense positions. That leads me to believe it was Fisher calling all the shots. He knows defense but is terrible with offense.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
The Fisher/Snead combo gambled and lost plenty. GRob, Quick, Mason, Peade. All of those were picked where you would expect some sort of contribution.

Tavon might not be a bust but he's at the very least a disappointment for where he was picked. And honestly, I hope Gurley doesn't end up like Austin. After last year who knows? He has to re-establish himself now.

I just hope it was more Fisher's doing than Snead. The good picks, Donald, Ogletree, Brockers, JJ, Tru were all defense positions. That leads me to believe it was Fisher calling all the shots. He knows defense but is terrible with offense.

The only gambles, that you mentioned, were Quick and maybe Pead. GRob was a consensus top 5 by everyone. And Mason, if anything, was a huge steal where we got him. He put together one of the best college careers ever for a RB. The only problem with those players, are between the ears. You could say that GRob, and Quick are too slow to produce, intelligence wise. Mason has mental health issues and Pead was a selfish prick apparently and didn't put in the effort.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He will suck no matter what we want...as will probably the Lions.
Consider me shocked we drafted him, but G-Rob has some skill...I bet he does play well for Detroit....and I think they'll have a pretty good year.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Seems like he's played well for Detroit so far...

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/08/18/greg-robinson-2017-detroit-lions/580831001/

“I watched Greg Robinson quite closely and what I saw was a guy who was expected to do things that he simply was not informed about,” said former Rams offensive lineman Jackie Slater, now the offensive line coach at Azusa Pacific and an analyst with Fox-11 in Los Angeles. “I finally got to meet Greg and talk with him and visit with him and I found him to be an articulate, bright young man who just didn’t have a lot of answers. I believe he’s getting answers now. I’ve had a couple conversations with him, but I believe that Ron Prince is giving him the answers that he needs. And some of what I’ve seen has not been what I saw here.”

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I flipped over to the Detroit game the other day,,, and I shit you not,,, the 1st thing that happened was a penalty on GRob for illegal man down field.

I changed the channel immediately.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I really wished we had some veteran olineman who he could have leaned on while he was here. One wonders if Long had kept healthy for a year or two longer if it would have made a difference.

I think lack of veteran leadership really had a had in sinking Fisher's teams. And it always seemed like it was around the offensive side of the ball.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I flipped over to the Detroit game the other day,,, and I crap you not,,, the 1st thing that happened was a penalty on GRob for illegal man down field.

I changed the channel immediately.
It always amusing when GRob was a Ram most all the Sport Press was full throttle negative overdrive on the Sneads selection & the Ram Org decision.....then "as the world turns" GRob drop kicks the Ram uni in the garbage... jet-sets to Detroit & now GRob has things smelling like spring grown roses in the Motor City....:shocking:
:liar:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter