So what did you think of our draft?(Take the poll)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So what did you think of our draft?

• Great

Votes: 49 23.8%
  • Good

Votes: 122 59.2%
  • Average

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Poor

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • WTH?

Votes: 8 3.9%

• Total voters

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
This was the epitome of a meat and potatoes draft, not that exciting( except for the Gurley pick which was very exciting ) but it was desperately needed to complete this total roster overhaul started just three short years ago. The Rams playoff drought ends in 2015.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
For now it's a WTH for me. I will wait til training camp. We didn't draft a single center. Or anyone that I've read can play center. We got a shit ton of competition for the line tho which is always great. But I just can't fully get behind it all just yet.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I said "good" but it depends on Gurley's health. If he comes back strong and shows no problem with the ACL I would consider it great.

Sometimes you get what you need(as The Rolling Stones said) and I think the Rams looked for a specific sort of lineman that fit their philosophy. I think they found a bunch of them.

So yes, they'll have to put it all together but the pieces are in place.

Training camp will be interesting to see how the line starts to take shape, and there still may be a FA or two in the mix so we'll see.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Rated this as a good draft.

*Front office clearly addressed the O-line problem; albeit, not with any big name lineman that I know or have heard of (except for the Iowa guy).

*Drafting Gurley boosts this up from average.

*Still don't agree with the Mannion pick, but I hope he is able to grow behind Foles and eventually compete for the starting job.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe in Snisher; they know way more than any of us.

Can't wait for Week 1!

Speedr@m

Rookie
Charles Davis again very infusive in his praise of Fisher and this draft for the Rams in another segment

Personally id like making predictions about drafts just hours after they end....but Davis is well respected so if he liked what the Rams did I listen

Oh...and as they went to commercial they had helmets up on the screen 5 or 6 teams and asked people to vote who did the best. The Rams were one of the helmets

So while a lot of Ram fans across multiple boards seem to be doing some hand wringing I have noticed that the majority of the talking heads seem to like what they have done

I guess we shall see <shrug>

Oyster

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good Draft....Addressed our major need on the OL with an abundance of decent prospects. A few of these guys should stick.

Addressed our developmental QB situation with a fairly decent prospect.

And for desert, got the best college RB I've seen in a long time!!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
It was a pretty good draft in the grand scheme. Hopefully we found a couple gems in the OL stock and we definitely have the deepest RB stable in the NFL. The trade back with Carolina was really a boost.

Athos

Legend
Mixed bag. Still hate the Mannion pick. Doing a happy dance for Gurley. Like the player in Havenstein, just didn't like the slot.

Wish we'd gone Smelter in the 4th.

So, good, with the swing of being either great or average depending on how things shake out.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Said it before, pretty much everyone wanted them to go OL after OL. Wish granted.

They wanted to focus all on offense. Wish granted, again.

Developmental QB? Wish granted, again.

If at least 3 of these players develop into productive starters, it's a good draft. There's always the chance that more or less will.

And as usual the draft went down like it usually does. Teams will take players they want/need that are available. They don't care about a media made board. They don't care about "reaching" or "stealing" or "winning the draft".

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I have to give them an average. I felt they could have been a little quicker getting the names into Goodell. I dunno it just came off as lazy to me. And not to be overly picky but in the press conference Sneads hair wasn't really up to the level we would expect. A little on the greasy side. To me that's a sign of complacency for sure. Maybe someone is getting to comfortable with their job perhaps?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
It's not a sexy draft, but it's a good draft. Builds us for the long haul, gives us an identity, and allows us to compete this year behind a strong running game. You need to win in the trenches. I understand the whole value argument for individual players, but if you look at the big picture, I'm a fan of this draft.

A55VA6

Legend
I voted good.

LOVE the Gurley pick. Glad we drafted some OL and I trust Fisher and Snead made good picks. Got a decent QB that played in a pro style offense. Love the LB we drafted. He's got some great speed and plays fast. Overall, good draft.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I think back to 2012 when the Seahawks made the picks and everyone gave them like a D draft grade. The truth is nobody knows until we play a game how all these O-line guys will work out.

I think the Gurley pick was great, and I'm going on a N/A for the O-line until I see them play.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Good draft. Fisher said after the season ended that we need to score more points. He addressed the defensive depth in FA. After that...the focus has clearly shifted from defense to the offense.
We've moved on from an injury prone QB and two injury prone Oliners, drafted a new franchise player to build around(Gurley) and if you include the Robinson pick last year, the offensive line is being completely rebuilt via the draft.

Fisher has put his money where his mouth is. It's time to sit back and watch this offense develop and come together to compliment our already very good defense. The lack of identity of our offense under Fisher always bothered me. Now it's quite clear. It's a group of young, BIG, smash mouth muthafuckas.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
This draft pretty much all hinges on whether Gurley is going to be "the" guy we are all told he can be. It moves the draft from good to great in my opinion.
Put it this way, Mason we still put up good numbers this year thanks to our 4 big guys, but a fit Gurley could put up great numbers.

At this point, I honestly think we'll hold Gurley back untill after the bye week (week7), give him that extra month and a half to be sure. Lean on benny and mason because lord knows they are very capable!

side note: I'd love to see us in some 2RB sets this year. A combo of Mason and Gurley or Gurley and benny out the backfield has me feeling a bit hot and bothered

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I voted Great. Gurey alone, might make it that. The Olinemen are the guys that Coach Boo wanted, I am thinking. Maybe they were picked earlier than Mock Drafters thought, but really, how often are those guys graded in three years? You can't live and die by what Kiper and McShay say.....I have confidence in the process, and believe they keyed in to specific players that fit what Fisher wants to do, specifically, If Gurley is the next Eric Dickerson, I will cherish this draft for years to come.

jjab360

Legend
GIF-classic-Gandalf-headbanging-Music-nod-satisfied-wild-GIF.gif

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I didn't like it at first but if Gurley works out and they get a couple of linemen out of it they had a good draft.
I wasn't expecting anything at QB so the Mannion pick is a "wait and see" pick to me.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
What I liked: They went into the draft with a very clear vision of what they wanted to accomplish and that's fix the weakest units on the team. We didn't say we wanted to be a smashmouth running team and build an offense without that focus. Now we are most definitely a smashmouth running team. Chances are we'll get at least one very good contributor out of the OL bunch. Gurley is an absolute stud.

What I didn't like: Gurley's durability does scare me. I felt like they reached on nearly every pick. I felt Mannion was worse than some of the QBs that didn't even get drafted.

All in all, I really like that they've finally committed to being a physical, bruising running team. If they hit on a couple of these OL picks, we'll be a force.

Overall I give it an average grade.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I said average. ZigZagRam's above post pretty much sums it up. Gurley's knee, some OL I thought were a bit of a reach. Not sure Sasser brings anything to the table that we don't already have, and we're not short WRs. IMO there wasn't a QB in this draft worth getting excited over. Not worried at all now about run blocking, but it does look like athletic speed rusher might be a problem for us. I get the sense we went with players who fit a scheme rather than than the actual best players.

That said, I'm enthusiastic for the upcoming season.