So what did you think of our draft?(Take the poll)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So what did you think of our draft?

• Great

Votes: 49 23.8%
  • Good

Votes: 122 59.2%
  • Average

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Poor

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • WTH?

Votes: 8 3.9%

• Total voters

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Yeah, it's ridiculous to pontificate about these picks until a few years down the line but just for giggles...

Personally I'm thrilled that we addressed the O-line, our weakest position, so there are no complaints there. I trust Fisher, Snead, and the scouts that they know what they're doing, and that Boudreau will coach them up. But then again I'm a Kool-Aid drinker. :)

So what did you think?

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Great, Gurley and a ton of maulers to solidify the O line. Also some decent FS and CBs to be had as UDFAs.

Forgot about grabbing a developmental QB in Mannion. Like him or not, they addressed the position with a guy with decent tools who has played from under center.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The one thing they had to do was fix the OL. I think their line will be good now so IMO it will be a successful draft.

Havenstein is probably gonna start right away. I am excited and ready to read the camp reports!!

Big Game

Living The Dream
I think it was great because they did the one thing that everyone can agree we needed "beef up the O line". And man we got a lot of potential that is huge for the Offensive line

I like the Gurley pick best back in the draft. Picked up a developmently WR and got a backup at LB and DE. Well done

bluecoconuts

Legend
I have zero complaints, I don't know much about these guys anyway, but I trust Snead and Fisher to make solid picks. They won't hit on all of them, but that's part of the process. Its nice to be able to relax more about the draft, it seemed with previous regimes they were always so awful.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Throw all the big mauling guys into a pit with sticks, rocks and chains. Whichever 2 come out alive get to block for Gurley and Mason along with maulers GRob and Saffold and whoever wins the C derby (my money is on BJones).

See where this is going?? What's not to like??

Big Willie

Starter
Yeah, it's ridiculous to pontificate about these picks until a few years down the line but just for giggles...

Personally I'm thrilled that we addressed the O-line, our weakest position, so there are no complaints there. I trust Fisher, Snead, and the scouts that they know what they're doing, and that Boudreau will coach them up. But then again I'm a Kool-Aid drinker. :)

So what did you think?
Hey Kool-aid! I like kool aid.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
should be a great draft for those that wanted the Rams to draft a "Bryce" from Baylor. (y)

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm pretty "meh" about it. Love the Gurley pick. If we hit on two of the olinemen I'll give this draft an A in a few years.

I will say, there are no excuses for not having depth on the line this year. Lack of depth on the line hurt us last two years. We had depth on the line Fisher's first year here and it made a huge difference.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
kool aid pic.jpg

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
They did what many of us wanted them do do(y)(y)

And came away with the best RB prospect I've seen since the 8o's

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Great.

I love the identity we're forming. This is the 1970's Rams teams all over again, which are the teams of my childhood at the Coliseum.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Pretty good draft. I don't see how anyone can complain. Got an explosive playmaker on offense, which we need, multiple guys for the O line, a qb who has played in a pro system and set 18 school or Pac12 records, a local boy. I like this draft a lot. Don't see how you can't until these guys get on the field honestly.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Gurley if healthy, and if he's anything like he was in College is an absolute superstar - and we've gotta hit on at least one of those linemen right? I don't know too much about those guys, except from Havenstein, but some good school pedigree (Wisconsin/Iowa) there and I trust in our coaches to build them into machines. We've clearly got a plan and went and addressed it. Did we reach a little bit? Perhaps - but if they work out it wont matter.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
For the direction we're going it's a great draft, it got talented pieces to the puzzle Jeff Fisher is trying to put together. It'll take some time for this draft to really get a true grade, since these fellas have to play first to get to know what they're about.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
In all honesty, I think this is the best draft from these guys yet. I was dubious about the Gurley pick, if I'm totally honest, but then picking up monster o-line men, I understand what they were doing. They really have built for the future, and the future is : RUN.

I also think that Mannion has the potential to be the best NFL QB of this draft, and we got him.

We've also got freed up cap space to keep this young team together for a long time.

A+ draft.

Speedr@m

Rookie
When the nflnw showed the fan poll for the NFC west just now Charles Davis commented that only 71% of Ram fans liked their draft. 71% was low compared to other teams. He said huh? That's weird only 71% of Ram fans think they had a good draft. Go figure

He and Rich Eisen clearly disagreed

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think it's a good draft for us.

Gurley has superstar potential, but comes with risk. This one pick alone makes or breaks this class for us.

The offensive linemen fill a major need, have serious size, yet like most players in this draft they are somewhat a crap shoot.

Mannion is a wild card for me. I'm not a fan of developmental QB's higher than 4-5th round. That 3rd round pick could be more than a backup for us, this year. But; after watching and reading more... He's got some good traits and I'll trust our talent evaluators on this pick. They saw enough to invest a nice pick on him.

In summary, I feel less certain with some of these players compared to more recent drafts... Thus, I grade it "good".