So glad we didn't draft Manziel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Without any proof, the media is gonna be equally at fault if he fails in the league.

They have no idea what he's doing, other than speculation. Johnny Manziel can easily sue PFT/NBC/bustedcoverage.com for slander.

I'm wasn't a Johnny Manziel to the Rams advocate. Far from it. But, constant media coverage simply b/c he likes to drink beer and party on his own time was blown way out of proportion. Again, my thing is if he's a criminal. He's not.

Now when he starts really playing, and still drinks beer and party he's gonna learn himself that is gonna screw him out of the league. But this? Please.

Sometimes the media is really freakin annoying.
The thing is tho that it's Him/His Posse that gets this stuff out there in the first place on social media. He's bringing it on himself. I dont really care what he does but you cant fault the media here for picking up on this stuff. Someone mentioned "keeping it on the DL" earlier in the thread. JFF clearly doesn't get that concept or it's merits.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
He's just being himself. This is who he is. If he succeeds he'll be the biggest name in the NFL, by a long shot. Who knows if he'll make it? His success or failure won't have an affect on my life. But I plan to enjoy myself watching him play on Sundays, whether he's making WOW plays or getting crushed.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
He's just being himself. This is who he is. If he succeeds he'll be the biggest name in the NFL, by a long shot. Who knows if he'll make it? His success or failure won't have an affect on my life. But I plan to enjoy myself watching him play on Sundays, whether he's making WOW plays or getting crushed.

This is surprisingly mild mannered and reasoned. Are you aware, sir, that you are on the internet?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It all comes across as being unprofessional IMO. He isn't taking his job or position as the future leader of the team seriously. I don't care if it is his day off/vacation time. If the CEO of our local hospital was caught doing some of what Manziel is doing, the board would ask for his resignation.

I am glad that my sons are not Manziel fans too. He is definitely not hero material.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The last QB I heard of, similar to this, was Matt Leinert.....So, beware Johnny, beware of what you wish for...

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
You know, I will be the first to admit that when he fell to us at our second first round pick I would've led the parade at the pick at the time. Watching him on Gruden's football camp and in his college career he clearly has skills. I wish him and the Browns the best. I really do. From a sheer football lovers perspective, I'm hoping to see years of Johnny football. I hope he goes more down in the vein of Joe Namath than Matt Leinart. That said, I'm certainly glad though, as to the op, that we drafted Aaron Donald instead.

AZRamsFan93

You know, I will be the first to admit that when he fell to us at our second first round pick I would've led the parade at the pick at the time. Watching him on Gruden's football camp and in his college career he clearly has skills. I wish him and the Browns the best. I really do. From a sheer football lovers perspective, I'm hoping to see years of Johnny football. I hope he goes more down in the vein of Joe Namath than Matt Leinart. That said, I'm certainly glad though, as to the op, that we drafted Aaron Donald instead.
I can't argue one bit with what we did in the draft. I am really excited about Donald.

That said, I think Manziel is going to be really good. I don't care about his social media presence. I want to see him on the field.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I would not dismiss him so easily. If he stays on the bench for a couple years, works hard, and learns what it takes to be an NFL QB he could be pretty good.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
rxra.png

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The thing is tho that it's Him/His Posse that gets this stuff out there in the first place on social media. He's bringing it on himself. I dont really care what he does but you cant fault the media here for picking up on this stuff. Someone mentioned "keeping it on the DL" earlier in the thread. JFF clearly doesn't get that concept or it's merits.

Sure, and like I said that will screw him out of the league.

But implying that he does cocaine based on a picture, and essentially saying he does, isn't right at all. If I were Johnny Manziel, I'd strongly consider a lawsuit for slander.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

But implying that he does cocaine based on a picture, and essentially saying he does, isn't right at all. If I were Johnny Manziel, I'd strongly consider a lawsuit for slander.

He'd lose, AND have a bunch of bad publicity for doing the lawsuit - as long as the suit was active (and for a period after it) there would be close examination of his actions in the press.

It's almost impossible for celebrities to win such suits, unless they are suing someone who clearly made an accusation that was knowingly false. Implying that a heavy partier who had rolled up a bill into a straw shape might be doing cocaine wouldn't have a chance of winning, since in fact it is common for club goers to use dollar bills in that fashion. Even if he wasn't actually doing coke - there's little doubt that Manziel has a familiarity with others doing such things, hence the rolled up bill in a club bathroom. Either it was done because he was doing coke - or it was done because he's too stupid to realize that clowning around in that way in front of a camera is stupid.

I expect a suspension for Manziel before the season is over. Pity, since he does have some talent.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

What does he roll dollar bills in a bathroom for, if not to do Cocaine? Did he happen to come across the worlds tiniest Gerbil?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Guys, who cares? Really.
You'll get the answer to that question if Sam gets hurt,there are PLENTY of draft geniuses who will tell us all we should have drafted the little twit if we lose Sam and struggle.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What does he roll dollar bills in a bathroom for, if not to do Cocaine? Did he happen to come across the worlds tiniest Gerbil?

maybe it's the image he wants to portray. why else would he post all this shit on social media?