Snaps vs Det

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
One thing I mentioned in the other thread that I think matters here is that Arcuri not only is a recent cut in terms of his ability vs our linemen depth chart, but he also undoubtedly didn't get any real work leading up to this game. Probably didn't get a ton of snaps in practices either as a third string type.

Granted I am grasping at straws here. I know that. Hoping that maybe if they give the kid some snaps he can at least set his fucking feet right to be able to avoid lunging and missing at the rusher. You're big as fuck. Use that bulk kid.
Arcuri got some work in 2022. He was awful then, too. He's not the answer.

If he's getting snaps, there's no silver lining or good news to be found b/c as far as pass pro, his side is toast. When he plays significant snaps, it will require the genius of McVay and Stafford to survive. Fortunately, those guys along with Kupp are elite. I was super impressed how they produced offense yesterday despite basically not having a LT lol.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd rather have Johnson come in at X when Robinson leaves the field if possible than Tutu. Who will immediately be eliminated by whatever shit ass corner gets his hands on him on the LOS.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Arcuri got some work in 2022. He was awful then, too. He's not the answer.
I know he is not the answer. But him not getting any prep whatsoever is not a good thing when we know Boom can't be counted on.

In other words what happens when Boom magically "can probably go on Sunday" vs the Cards. Do you give him all the snaps once again in prep for Arizona? Or do you maybe give half to the kid who will inevitably man the LT spot in all its ugliness on gameday after Boom goes down.

Psycho_X

Legend
Eh...PFF is better than that.

Acuri scored 25.9 overall and 1.9 in pass blocking.
Is it possible to get a 0.0 from PFF? Or is it like that old rumor that if you signed your name on SAT you would at least get a minimal score even if you left all answers blank? Like does walking on the field without tripping get you a 1.9?

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
I know he is not the answer. But him not getting any prep whatsoever is not a good thing when we know Boom can't be counted on.

In other words what happens when Boom magically "can probably go on Sunday" vs the Cards. Do you give him all the snaps once again in prep for Arizona? Or do you maybe give half to the kid who will inevitably man the LT spot in all its ugliness on gameday after Boom goes down.
Boom was not good in pass pro yesterday but solid in run blocking. Arcuri was awful across the board.

I'm not gonna give the F grade player more time just b/c the C- grade player is unreliable simply b/c I don't believe the F grade player will ever rise to a C- with the additional time.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
I'd rather have Johnson come in at X when Robinson leaves the field if possible than Tutu. Who will immediately be eliminated by whatever shit ass corner gets his hands on him on the LOS.
I doubt Johnson is trained at the X. Jourdan mentioned several times during TC that Tutu is the only depth player who knows all three positions.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Boom was not good in pass pro yesterday but solid in run blocking. Arcuri was awful across the board.

I'm not gonna give the F grade player more time just b/c the C- grade player is unreliable simply b/c I don't believe the F grade player will ever rise to a C- with the additional time.
There is no easy answer here. Unless they find something out there on the market. But without an external move I am going to be fucking pissed when we hear that "oh hey Boom is gonna be alright after all" and then they spend the week prepping him again. I would give all the snaps to anyone else. Pick someone. Because anyone is better than giving them to him when he can't finish a fucking game.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Is it possible to get a 0.0 from PFF? Or is it like that old rumor that if you signed your name on SAT you would at least get a minimal score even if you left all answers blank? Like does walking on the field without tripping get you a 1.9?
I think so. Because I felt I could have done what Arcuri did.

Get in a stance and face Hutch, he sidesteps me, then reaches out a hand and knocks me to the ground. Get up. Repeat next play. I guess the 1.9 is for facing the opponent and getting up.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I doubt Johnson is trained at the X. Jourdan mentioned several times during TC that Tutu is the only depth player who knows all three positions.
On those snaps I'd rather have Johnson running go routes down the sideline than Tutu getting manhandled by random DB at the LOS. At least that gives Stafford an option to put the ball up and maybe get a completion or a PI.

Tutu is completely worthless. Too much is being made of him being the primary X backup. X is not his ideal spot. His ideal spot is either of the other two positions where he can start the snap on the move before he hits the LOS. He is at X because he fucking sucks and they don't want to cut him for purpose of admitting he was a bust.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
On those snaps I'd rather have Johnson running go routes down the sideline than Tutu getting manhandled by random DB at the LOS. At least that gives Stafford an option to put the ball up and maybe get a completion or a PI.

Tutu is completely worthless. Too much is being made of him being the primary X backup. X is not his ideal spot. His ideal spot is either of the other two positions where he can start the snap on the move before he hits the LOS. He is at X because he fucking sucks and they don't want to cut him for purpose of admitting he was a bust.
Eh...no one is happy with Tutu but I think you're going overboard. Probably because we lost and we all probably have at least a little bit of a bad mood.

But Tutu was our 3rd most productive WR last year and did really well when Kupp was out. Sure, he got surpassed towards the end of the season but that doesn't take away from the fact that he did contribute. Saying he's worthless is definitely emotional, biased, and unsupported by the evidence.

And whether or not X is his ideal spot, that's where McVay has him - it's pointless to argue whether he should be somewhere else. If DRob goes down, he plays.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Eh...no one is happy with Tutu but I think you're going overboard. Probably because we lost and we all probably have at least a little bit of a bad mood.

But Tutu was our 3rd most productive WR last year and did really well when Kupp was out. Sure, he got surpassed towards the end of the season but that doesn't take away from the fact that he did contribute. Saying he's worthless is definitely emotional, biased, and unsupported by the evidence.

And whether or not X is his ideal spot, that's where McVay has him - it's pointless to argue whether he should be somewhere else. If DRob goes down, he plays.
Fact is he got bounced from both the spots that best favor his talent. He is not a primary backup in the slot or at Z. Both of which make a ton more sense for him.

From there he also couldn't crack the lineup as X. Which is actually not a surprise since an X needs to be able to handle the jam and his microscopic ass cannot handle a finger being put on him. So now he is backup at X.

Tutu is probably our fifth WR at best in terms of value to the team. And anyone who ends up below him at least will offer teams functionality. So I think the only reason he is on the team is because they invested a round 2 pick on him, and his perceived value (speed in space) continues to keep him around. But that shit should be drying up right about now.

Oh and yes I certainly am lashing out. I'm fucking pissed still. But I am over Tutu.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Fact is he got bounced from both the spots that best favor his talent. He is not a primary backup in the slot or at Z. Both of which make a ton more sense for him.

From there he also couldn't crack the lineup as X. Which is actually not a surprise since an X needs to be able to handle the jam and his microscopic ass cannot handle a finger being put on him. So now he is backup at X.

Tutu is probably our fifth WR at best in terms of value to the team. And anyone who ends up below him at least will offer teams functionality. So I think the only reason he is on the team is because they invested a round 2 pick on him, and his perceived value (speed in space) continues to keep him around. But that shit should be drying up right about now.

Oh and yes I certainly am lashing out. I'm fucking pissed still. But I am over Tutu.
I think your last sentence says it all. That's probably what I'm doing with Arcuri...but at least my guy negatively affected the game and had a 1.9 PFF rating. :laugh4:

Maybe the other spots do favor his talent. I'm not arguing that. I am saying that he played all three positions last year, including X, and was productive. Eventually, DRob surpassed him at the X but Tutu played significant snaps there. If he was as bad as you're saying and couldn't get open at the X because of his microscopic ass, then he wouldn't have had sufficient production last year to be our 3rd most productive WR.

Hopefully, Kupp misses no time since he looks back to '21 levels, but it remains to be seen who is the primary backup for Kupp's position.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe the other spots do favor his talent. I'm not arguing that. I am saying that he played all three positions last year, including X, and was productive. Eventually, DRob surpassed him at the X but Tutu played significant snaps there. If he was as bad as you're saying and couldn't get open at the X because of his microscopic ass, then he wouldn't have had sufficient production last year to be our 3rd most productive WR.
That's the rub. The term "productive."

Because from my perspective Robinson was lighting it up all camp long in that X role according to reports. Then the season started and they were force feeding Tutu out there with marginal results. Tutu and their desire to get return on that 2nd round investment actually stood in the way of the better player. And we saw the truth of that after they started Robinson at X, in the way he impacted this offense down the stretch.

Tutu's career right now is on life support. I am still surprised he made the team. That they cut a WR who added return value and probably very little if any dropoff from Tutu. That my friend is the power of draft status. Shit is real.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
That's the rub. The term "productive."

Because from my perspective Robinson was lighting it up all camp long in that X role according to reports. Then the season started and they were force feeding Tutu out there with marginal results. Tutu and their desire to get return on that 2nd round investment actually stood in the way of the better player. And we saw the truth of that after they started Robinson at X, in the way he impacted this offense down the stretch.

Tutu's career right now is on life support. I am still surprised he made the team. That they cut a WR who added return value and probably very little if any dropoff from Tutu. That my friend is the power of draft status. Shit is real.
Nah...you're revising history. Go back and review the beginning of last season when Kupp was out. Tutu helped save the season with Puka. Force-feeding and marginal results couldn't be more off-base.

The fact that you keep trying to dismiss is that stat-wise, Tutu was more productive than DRob. DRob's production down the stretch still didn't match what Atwell produced the first 10-12 games of the season. You can't simultaneously build up DRob's down the stretch production while dismissing Atwell's production earlier in the season.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah...you're revising history. Go back and review the beginning of last season when Kupp was out. Tutu helped save the season with Puka. Force-feeding and marginal results couldn't be more off-base.

The fact that you keep trying to dismiss is that stat-wise, Tutu was more productive than DRob. DRob's production down the stretch still didn't match what Atwell produced the first 10-12 games of the season. You can't simultaneously build up DRob's down the stretch production while dismissing Atwell's production earlier in the season.
I am not revising anything. I clearly recall Robinson flashing in camp, his name coming up quite a bit. Then Tutu got his big window of opportunity with marginal results. And if you think what he did is "good" then we will never see eye to eye on this. But when the coaching staff finally accepted that Robinson needed to play, the team benefitted and became a better offense down the stretch.

But let's disagree. I have no desire to keep going back and forth on this. Tutu will be off this team soon enough because he is not a good player. If it takes until next offseason so be it. But him having 6 snaps shows his value, and personally I feel like that is 6 too many.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
I am not revising anything. I clearly recall Robinson flashing in camp, his name coming up quite a bit. Then Tutu got his big window of opportunity with marginal results. And if you think what he did is "good" then we will never see eye to eye on this. But when the coaching staff finally accepted that Robinson needed to play, the team benefitted and became a better offense down the stretch.

But let's disagree. I have no desire to keep going back and forth on this. Tutu will be off this team soon enough because he is not a good player. If it takes until next offseason so be it. But him having 6 snaps shows his value, and personally I feel like that is 6 too many.
I'm talking about the season, my friend. You talkin' bout practice? Practice? (in my Iverson voice)

I'd say his 119-yard game against Seattle in week 1 was a huge factor in us getting the season started with a crucial win against a division opponent. So yeah...that is "good". Objectively "good".

But sure, we can agree to disagree.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just taking a cursory look at some PFF scores posted on another site here's some WRs:

Whittington 72
Kupp 71.2
Johnson 69.7
Robinson 68.4
Puka 63.8
Tutu 55.6

Psycho_X

Legend
I agree that Robinson is the more talented guy right now and Johnson and Whittington have probably surpassed him at this point but Tutu started off 2023 in the first 3 games with almost 300 yards of total offense and 2 touchdowns. And he had the one touchdown erroneously called back by ref review bullshit. He isn't as useless as you make him out to be. He's just being beaten out by better options at this point which isn't a bad thing.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree that Robinson is the more talented guy right now and Johnson and Whittington have probably surpassed him at this point but Tutu started off 2023 in the first 3 games with almost 300 yards of total offense and 2 touchdowns. And he had the one touchdown erroneously called back by ref review bullshit. He isn't as useless as you make him out to be. He's just being beaten out by better options at this point which isn't a bad thing.
In the NFL players often arrive on the scene then disappear once teams start scheming them. This is what happened to Tutu. He was relatively ineffective over time which is why he lost his job to Robinson.

Actually I think I was being too nice to him too. I don't think he's our fifth best wideout. Sixth is probably more accurate. Kupp is better. Nacua is better. Robinson is better. Johnson is better. Whittington is better.

Rams are just about out of rationalizations as it pertains to Tutu.