Skip Bayless alludes to taking Baker Mayfield over Matthew GD Stafford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Its all the same game, doesnt matter if they are talking good or bad about you, as long as they are talking about you. Florio, Simms, Cowherd, etc etc. Its all the same stuff.
Having a hot take and/or being controversial is one thing. Telling the world you don't think AD is special at all is on a whole different level. Which Skip has done. He's also said the opposite when trying to inflame another fan base. IMO what he does goes beyond his peers because his takes are so absurd. At least other taking heads attempt to be seen a rational human beings. Skip goes all out. It is technically the same game, just taken to a more extreme performance.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Having a hot take and/or being controversial is one thing. Telling the world you don't think AD is special at all is on a whole different level. Which Skip has done. He's also said the opposite when trying to inflame another fan base. IMO what he does goes beyond his peers because his takes are so absurd. At least other taking heads attempt to be seen a rational human beings. Skip goes all out. It is technically the same game, just taken to a more extreme performance.
I understand completely, its just all part of the same. Some guys have "hot takes", some guys are team/player homers, and all of them want the same thing, to have people talking about them. So I wouldnt disparage, or criticize folks who get caught up on one guy's M.O., thats what open discussion is about. Skip is an ass-hat, so I pay him no mind. If he fires people up and they want to talk about it, have at it

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I understand completely, its just all part of the same. Some guys have "hot takes", some guys are team/player homers, and all of them want the same thing, to have people talking about them. So I wouldnt disparage, or criticize folks who get caught up on one guy's M.O., thats what open discussion is about. Skip is an ass-hat, so I pay him no mind. If he fires people up and they want to talk about it, have at it

Steven A just did the same thing talking about Boston & Bucks last second shot attempt.
Anything to stir it up or get a head line.Always play good guy,bad guy have been both talk show host for years.It’s how agriscience they can get the better.The scary thing to be as it’s gotten so bad in politics that truth & law doesn’t matter.You can make up the best stories you want like a defense attorney.
Wesley Snipes & the Fan shows how crazy someone can get,even if it’s not true.It’s true or believeable in others.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think a lot of yall are missing the purpose of this.

It's supposed to be funny!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I think a lot of yall are missing the purpose of this.

It's supposed to be funny!
There are people who can laugh at funny things when the source affects the negatively like Skip does. He’s already won the game.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Kurt Warner tipped it off last year. When he got people riled up saying he trusts Murray more than Stafford, he admitted later its just entertainment. I'm pretty sure when they make their picks prior to game days its not always who they think will win. Remember the 28 people on the NFL site who predicted the Superbowl winner? It was 14 for the Rams and 14 for the Bengals. What are the odds of that?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Kurt Warner tipped it off last year. When he got people riled up saying he trusts Murray more than Stafford, he admitted later its just entertainment. I'm pretty sure when they make their picks prior to game days its not always who they think will win. Remember the 28 people on the NFL site who predicted the Superbowl winner? It was 14 for the Rams and 14 for the Bengals. What are the odds of that?
He joked throughout the playoffs too about pissing off Rams fans by not taking them a couple of weeks at the end of the season.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Kurt Warner tipped it off last year. When he got people riled up saying he trusts Murray more than Stafford, he admitted later its just entertainment.
I had not heard that but that's interesting to me. I guess there are different ways to look at it.

Angry Ram wrote 'It's supposed to be funny!'; and that's from a guy who is often very angry when he posts!
It's a legit-take in my opinion but it's just not how I view things.

When a competent-Analyst ... like Kurt Warner ... provides his opinion, I am interested in what he has to say. It's the expertise that I find entertaining. If Warner really did admit that his Murray/Stafford comment was fabricated to 'entertain', that's not something I respect. He would lose credibility as an "Expert-Analyst" in my opinion; and I would be less inclined to pay attention when he speaks.

Now Skip Bayless is in a different category. He's NOT an "Expert-Analyst" in any objective way. He's just a guy with a platform; and he wants to generate ratings by saying stuff that HE does not even believe. Again, that's not entertaining to me. It's manipulative. In my first post to this thread, I wrote: "What's Not-Smart (in-my-opinion) is tuning-in to Skip Bayless."

Listening to Skip is just a waste of time in my opinion. I live in Manhattan. I can go out any time and listen to a crazy-person rant about ridiculous/insane-stuff. I don't but I could. Skip Bayless would fit-in very nicely here. I'm thinking 60th and Third Avenue near Bloomingdale's.

Guess that's how I look at it but ... like I said above ... there are other ways to look at it.

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I had not heard that but that's interesting to me. I guess there are different ways to look at it.

Angry Ram wrote 'It's supposed to be funny!'; and that's from a guy who is often very angry when he posts!
It's a legit-take in my opinion but it's just not how I view things.

When a competent-Analyst ... like Kurt Warner ... provides his opinion, I am interested in what he has to say. It's the expertise that I find entertaining. If Warner really did admit that his Murray/Stafford comment was fabricated to 'entertain', that's not something I respect. He would lose credibility as an "Expert-Analyst" in my opinion; and I would be less inclined to pay attention when he speaks.
I'm not sure if Kurt was admitting he fabricated that one. He got a lot of angry responses for his comment. He basically said "Don't take it so personal. Its just entertainment." Which led me to believe they don't always say what they really think. Whether or not he really believed Murray was better I don't know. But I have feeling he doesn't anymore.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
When it comes to Bayless, there are 2 possibilities:

1. He says what he says for shock value/attention: in which case he should be ignored.
2. He actually means the things he said: in which case he should be ignored.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you watch these shows you have to understand the takes are schemed. They will each agree to take a side on a subject and argue it. Which means they're not necessarily thinking that in truth, they're just selling it for the show.

I'm sure Bayless with a beer in his hand is a nice dude who knows a lot about ball. But I've never been a fan of his even understanding his shtick. His knowledge--if it is there like I assume it is--rarely translates to his takes even when I've seen him outside of these type of shows.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Good cop. Bad cop. Been going on in sports talk radio for 35 years. It's what generates ratings. Controversy. I used to love hearing the fans call in to the local Philly station as apoplectic as humanly possible. LMFAO. What's interesting these days are the fans calling the national shows and explaining why their team fooked up by taking the guy they took in the 3rd round when everybody knew this other guy was better.