Skip Bayless alludes to taking Baker Mayfield over Matthew GD Stafford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I'm not particularly done with Baker I'd like to see him have one more try healthy and a good team.

Having said that Skip you crypt keeper if that indeed is the case then I hope you realize that he is 1000 better than your own QB. I'm not a Dak hater at all despite my dislike for the cowboys I think Dak is a good dude model citizen type player and been through some shit so all respect to Dak but how fucking dare you????

I know he does it for attention but so infuriating your team has won shit. Your running back is washed and making a ton of money. Wake up you decrepped p.o.s.!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I can't believe I listened to that whole thing. It was like getting a tattoo with invisible ink.

I missed the part about taking Mayfield over Stafford. And I listened twice.
Yeah...Same here.
But Skip, despite sometimes coming off like a confused hermaphrodite, has a good point. There are about 5 teams that should jump on Mayfield right now. And another 5 or 6 who may wish they did after the 2022 season.
This. I'm not a Baker fan and I laughed and shook my head when the factory of sadness took him #1 overall. But he's certainly a better option for several teams.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bayless does an excellent job letting himself live in people’s heads rent-free, that’s for sure
And he's deep in a lot of heads around here and they don't even know it. But he's good at it and that's why he's very rich and has been on tv for a long time.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Can ROD mods rename Skip Bayless to Skip Brainless or Clueless? He's more than earned the label

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
And he's deep in a lot of heads around here and they don't even know it. But he's good at it and that's why he's very rich and has been on tv for a long time.
Yep. The fact that we have a thread about him is proof of that, haha. I don't understand how some people haven't figured it out yet. The people that get upset with his "hot takes" are simply taking the bait. That's a win for him.

You can clearly see in his face that he doesn't even believe a lot of what he is saying. It's just so easy to put some people on tilt, it's comical.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yep. The fact that we have a thread about him is proof of that, haha. I don't understand how some people haven't figured it out yet. The people that get upset with his "hot takes" are simply taking the bait. That's a win for him.

You can clearly see in his face that he doesn't even believe a lot of what he is saying. It's just so easy to put some people on tilt, it's comical.
I hate "hot take" shows with the heat of a thousand suns.. especially sports and politics.

You learn absolutely nothing while filling your brain with absolute bullshit.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
missed the part about taking Mayfield over Stafford. And I listened twice.

It was his backhanded compliments "I don't trust him, oh he'd have so many more picks if the other team didn't drop them but he did get a Super Bowl so I'll give you that".

Think about that...had the Rams not won he would take Baker over MS. Yeesh.

But Skip, despite sometimes coming off like a confused hermaphrodite, has a good point.

Lmao Laughter GIF

Oh bro. He's not in my head. I find him hella entertaining. I watch him everyday during lunch. The best part is his deep sigh before every topic as if this is life philosophy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'll bet you that McVay could win with Mayfield. Wouldn't win the Super Bowl but he'd probably get a respectable win total with Baker at QB because he'd simplify his reads and protect him with play action and screens and schemed shots.

Guy like McVay could probably take a handful of different castoff QBs and do good things with them. But thankfully those days have passed for us now and he has a fully developed QB with all the tools in Stafford.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll bet you that McVay could win with Mayfield. Wouldn't win the Super Bowl but he'd probably get a respectable win total with Baker at QB because he'd simplify his reads and protect him with play action and screens and schemed shots.

Guy like McVay could probably take a handful of different castoff QBs and do good things with them. But thankfully those days have passed for us now and he has a fully developed QB with all the tools in Stafford.

Until he was part of a trade for an elite qb

JYB

Starter
Skip still hasn't gotten over Stafford stealing Thomas Edward Patrick Brady's greatest ever comeback victory and making it his own. That was just an unforgiveable sin by Stafford in Skip's eyes.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When he's at his best that is.
Otherwise, he's a fucking moron, or worse... Lol
You guys all miss my point with that comment and others after. Skip's a fucking genius, on the business side of sports. How else do you think he's stayed on TV as long as he has and has made as much money as he has? Yes he says stupid things and has crazy hot takes. You think he honestly believes all the crap he spews? Hard to tell really but don't think this guy isn't smart. He just likes to get a reaction just like the one you just gave. Because he knows you'll pay attention the next time he talks about a subject.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
imo Skip loves the cowboys after that his take is about creating interest and is not based on analysis of what is actually happening in terms of success in football.

I’d be interested on how RoD members would rank the talking heads.
whose opinions do we respect the most (not just pro Rams) vs whose opinions are useless and based on clicks or cant analyze to save their lives

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
imo Skip loves the cowboys after that his take is about creating interest and is not based on analysis of what is actually happening in terms of success in football.

I’d be interested on how RoD members would rank the talking heads.
whose opinions do we respect the most (not just pro Rams) vs whose opinions are useless and based on clicks or cant analyze to save their lives
For me Cowherd has a bit of both the hot takes and the good takes but for me he's consistent and pretty fair.
My favorite guys are mostly former players. Baldy, Charles Davis, Steve Smith(who I despised as a player but love as an analyst), Kurt Warner even though some resent his favoritism of Arizona I get it, Aqib Talib and Ike Taylor are both great as well.

I don't list Schrager just because he's very biased towards us but his takes on other teams are usually spot on. He's really good but he's also friends with McVay.

LaDanian Tomlinson and Michael Vick are growing on me too.

There are others that are good but I'll stick with those.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Ryan Clark is my favorite host/analyst. By a pretty wide margin actually. Love Baldy's breakdowns. Also like Rich Eison and Scott Van Pelt. Cowherd is ok most of the time, but still a blow hard.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Bayless does an excellent job letting himself live in people’s heads rent-free, that’s for sure
and he's laughing all the way to the bank

he gets pain alot of money for saying stupid :crap:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You guys all miss my point with that comment and others after. Skip's a fucking genius, on the business side of sports. How else do you think he's stayed on TV as long as he has and has made as much money as he has? Yes he says stupid things and has crazy hot takes. You think he honestly believes all the crap he spews? Hard to tell really but don't think this guy isn't smart. He just likes to get a reaction just like the one you just gave. Because he knows you'll pay attention the next time he talks about a subject.
You just described everyone in the media.
So if you criticize any of them, you are being hypocritical.
And your theory also is flawed because I know he’s a moron, and therefore won’t listen to or watch a thing he says or does.
Doesnt earn a cent off me.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You just described everyone in the media.
So if you criticize any of them, you are being hypocritical.
And your theory also is flawed because I know he’s a moron, and therefore won’t listen to or watch a thing he says or does.
Doesnt earn a cent off me.
Nah not even close to everybody in the media is sports shock jocks.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah not even close to everybody in the media is sports shock jocks.
Its all the same game, doesnt matter if they are talking good or bad about you, as long as they are talking about you. Florio, Simms, Cowherd, etc etc. Its all the same stuff.