Six targets the Rams could be eyeing in wake of the latest cap casualties

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which one do you want the most?

• Total voters

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was hoping for Zach Brown ilb from Buffalo. He played great for Rex Ryan last year. Right now none of the Ram defenders have experience playing a 3/4. It would be nice to have a player that has played it well.

I just read a report that K. Webster is visiting Sunday. I will be surprised if he commands much money. He was a back up in Buffalo for four years.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
1) Gordon
2) Mangold or Groy
3) Barwin

3 of the top 4, in that order. jmo.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
Did I read that wrong? Groy only 230? Isn't that a little light in the ass for an OL? Even a center...

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I forgot Kromer brought Groy into the league with Chicago. Dude just follows Kromer around. I gotta believe that if the Rams have any interest at all, they will sign him to an offer sheet.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
If McVay wants Josh "Flash" Gordon then he's not as bright as I think he is. The guy is the youngest head coach in history and he's not gonna give himself any unnecessary headaches.

If McVay does want Gordon than he is arrogant as hell think he can fix a guy (who is 100% guaranteed to screw you over) that previous regimes with worlds of experience have utterly failed

We have Woods, Tavon, Cooper, Thomas, Spruce, and Co., don't you think McVay is wise enough in his years to want to draft and develop a guy like JuJu who would give us an exciting well-rounded, young receiving corps?

We just got rid of that clown Britt
Let's get a quality Center and blocking TE

In your opinion.

... because that's definitely not mine and some others around here.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I'm really happy nearly everyone seems to get the critical importance of developing a dominant OL (I see it here, on LARams reddit, Rams fans comments generally around the net). I'm glad that was one of our big signings thus far.
Now let's get a C or 2 in here.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
If McVay wants Josh "Flash" Gordon then he's not as bright as I think he is. The guy is the youngest head coach in history and he's not gonna give himself any unnecessary headaches.

If McVay does want Gordon than he is arrogant as hell think he can fix a guy (who is 100% guaranteed to screw you over) that previous regimes with worlds of experience have utterly failed

We have Woods, Tavon, Cooper, Thomas, Spruce, and Co., don't you think McVay is wise enough in his years to want to draft and develop a guy like JuJu who would give us an exciting well-rounded, young receiving corps?

We just got rid of that clown Britt
Let's get a quality Center and blocking TE

None of those WR's you named are going to scare defenses out of the box, neither will a rookie. Gordon will be very cheap on the CAP and his presence will be immediately noticeable on the field. If he fails his sobriety, he's done and we barely lose a thing. Even if we lose him to free agency in 2018, he can be an excellent bridge to help Goff get off to a strong 2017. jmo.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
And everyone's over the moon about a 35 year old tackle
Just saying adding a few 33+ dudes isn't wise... I stand behind #77 LT signing, but I rather not add another older dude.. You can only go to the well so often on the older vet types. Theirs a few younger options at the same price point imho. Picking Webster simply because you need 3 good ones and I prefer to add one young vet so we don't have to force our hand early in the draft is all I'm saying

DrHavenstein

Rookie
Name
Ty
All but Mangold would be fine with me. He's dropped off a bit and isn't getting any younger.

I'd love to give Gordon a shot, for the right price. Believe he's still under contract with the Browns, yeah? Maybe for a low round pick I'd do it. Nothing higher than a 5th.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
None of those WR's you named are going to scare defenses out of the box, neither will a rookie. Gordon will be very cheap on the CAP and his presence will be immediately noticeable on the field. If he fails his sobriety, he's done and we barely lose a thing. Even if we lose him to free agency in 2018, he can be an excellent bridge to help Goff get off to a strong 2017. jmo.

* Is Gordon good? - yes
* Has he played in only 35 games, 12 less than he's been suspended for (47) - yes
* Would he make a nice low risk addition to veteran team with solid WR corps - sure

But I don't see it happening with the Rams, especially when the FO and Ownership have been beating the "changing the culture" drum all off season.

Changing the culture is this regimes primary focus this season. i don't think a guy like Gordon fits into their mission objective (at least not yet)

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angele...coach-rams-players-hope-to-change-the-culture

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
* Is Gordon good? - yes
* Has he played in only 35 games, 12 less than he's been suspended for (47) - yes
* Would he make a nice low risk addition to veteran team with solid WR corps - sure

But I don't see it happening with the Rams, especially when the FO and Ownership have been besting the "changing the culture" drum all off season.

Changing the culture is this regimes primary focus this season. i don't think a guy like Gordon fits into their mission objective (at least not yet)

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angele...coach-rams-players-hope-to-change-the-culture

I'm fine with the culture change, but Gordon isn't a locker room cancer, on the contrary. He liked pot and had a DUI, he didn't mug an old lady. Many players & fans have done the same, some worse with the addition of PED's. Gordon has reportedly worked very hard to stay in football shape and deserves another shot at it imo. This whole idea of pot being ruled out for athletes while team owners and fans are drinking themselves silly every week is a joke. If a player fails his performance on the field, cut him, but making a broad statement and ruling over pot use is an invasion of his privacy. Several former players have come out stating pot was the better recovery method over more powerful but more dangerous drugs which are often prescribed. A player may have to gamble with the feds over pot in certain states, but he shouldn't have to gamble his career because of conservatives in the Commissioners office. JMO.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yes
It's a football forum and we give our opinions
I gave my opinion
Yes

That's cool. I dunno how an opinion can include "100% guaranteed", but...different writing styles, I guess.

I mean, I've got crazy strong opinions, too. Known for them, in fact. That said, it's important to leave room to be wrong. Or not.

That said, I base my opinion regarding Gordon using the pattern thing and behavioral patterns.

We all know he screwed up. A lot.

That said, I have questions.

How can anyone not include the dysfunction in Cleveland as a factor?

How is it reasonable to focus on his substance abuse problem (it seems he may have been behaviorally addicted to MJ which is different than chemical dependency) and not also give credence to the efforts he's made to get reinstated. He looked LIGHTS OUT in 2016 preseason.

Both of his catches are something we almost never saw and he's capable of doing on any down. He made the tough look EASY.

I'm not saying that Gordon will definitely work out. I've said from the beginning that he's a MASSIVE risk/reward type of guy in that he'd be taking a roster slot.

That said, he wouldn't be able to command much because of his being on the precipice of a NFL death sentence. And he's a top 5 NFL receiver in the entire league. He's in shape, healthy and supposedly hungry.

I said it before and it bears repeating, NO agent will BS teams on a player's sobriety or they won't be agents in the league long because they won't sign his guys. It's one thing to be an agent and try to get the best for your guys, but with the penalties on banned substances so crystal clear, that has to be completely transparent and TRUE or both player and agent will be done forever. I don't think the agent had him living with him for a year because they're besties... I think it's because Josh needed the help and got it.

And...it was very mature after lighting it up in Preseason (as much as anyone could on that Cleveland O...I mean RG3 threw his two big passes, which should say something) to decline to play in 2016, forego the money and do intensive inpatient treatment to ENSURE that he's properly prepared to succeed at football and life.

Again, I dunno if the Rams are even interested and he hasn't been reinstated although that looks like it will happen.

If Gordon does resuscitate his career, I sure as hell don't want it to be with the Pats who are in a position to do just that.

It's time for the Rams to be that team that makes the smart moves other teams won't consider (like with JJ).

We had Titus Young in (and of course, the Rams would have Gordon visit, versus try and sign him immediately) and they took a hard pass.

I trust this regime that if they get Gordon in the building and do sign him that he's going to be lights out. This offense would unleash the beast that is Gordon. He would dominate even as Goff grows...and with Woods and Austin as well as Cooper and a couple of others, we'd have not just a solid WR group, but I'd argue the best WR corps in the NFC West.

I don't have to evaluate Gordon's skills more than has already been done, although I can if folks need further convincing.

Get him in the building. If he's Titus Young? Hard pass. If he's together and ready to go, lock him down for a year and sit back and watch the Rams make the playoffs.

That pattern thing again. Gordon, Woods and Austin with Cooper in his second year will really enjoy this offense and more importantly, they'll produce.

I like the Rams in this O, but I dunno that they make the playoffs without a big deep threat with an insane catching radius who adjusts to the ball as well as Gordon does. Moreover, he makes it look easy. He'll bail out Goff on some inaccurate throws (as will Woods) like our WRs last year not only didn't, but they dropped a bunch of really good balls which I don't think either will (not nearly to that extent).

If you could hear it, I'm pounding the table for him and I typically reserve that for players I'm almost certain of.

I think the last time I was wrong about a "near certain" take was Gerald McCoy. So not a bad track record. And I won't even revisit last season's outlook other than to say that I didn't miss that either.

IF...IF Gordon is reinstated as it looks like he will, I think the Rams would be crazy not to at least get him in the building, ASAP.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did I read that wrong? Groy only 230? Isn't that a little light in the ass for an OL? Even a center...
Everytime I see ya I think Pearl Jam and the Rams? This dude kicks ass. Yeah I am dyslexic at least I show flashes of that. Sorry for the typo.