Should the Rams make a trade for Davante Adams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Would you trade for Davante Adams?

• Yes

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 49 74.2%
  • I'd rather drink a gallon of turpentine and piss on a fire boy!!

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
And Tavon was terrible?
Yes.

Statistics are like bikinis: what they reveal may be interesting, but what they conceal is vital.

And I’m not a “Tutu fan”, by the way. He’s a decent third or fourth receiver, that’s about it.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I honestly think Tutu was drafted for a style of offense McVay wanted to recapture (with that Brandin Cooks or Desean in Washington type roll).

But the emergence of certain players have forced an adaptation of the offense that limits the necessity for Tutu.

While I think he can be a very good player, I don’t think he is ever going to be in the type of roll that best suits him here. He might be better suited with a team like KC.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Tutu can be effective if used correctly. What I don't get is why McSnead got rid of Tavon Austin then drafted Tutu. Similar players, IMO.
Not really the same players at all. It would be like saying Kenny Britt was another Calvin Johnson. Tavon was more a running back and gadget player than a receiver. Baily was the better true receiver on that WV team. Tutu is a receiver that can run routes and has great hands. Tavon was considered to be a Swiss Army knife gadget player. I'm not defending the pick (actually either one) but Tutu has some upside still as a receiver.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
If we can snatch him for a 2026 3rd or something like that, I would be completely fine with it. At the same time if we did that and he was a big reason we won another Superbowl then I wouldn't have cared if the gave up next years first for another ring.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Tutu is on the verge of busting. He is standing on that cliff. So he's not really an element in any Rams decision making with regard to bringing in another receiver. It's not like if a receiver came available that the Rams would start hand wringing about whether Tutu is going to have an opportunity after his addition, or whether they need a wideout given that they have Tutu. He in fact won't even enter the conversation because he is a non-factor. Three years in a McVay offense and his biggest season (last year) he put up less than 500 yards and got replaced by a journeyman.

I would of course love to see him step it up this season. But let's quit acting like Tutu is some potential gold mine we are sitting on. Potential drives money and team decision making, however there is a point where you know a guy's talent is simply not going to translate at this level and in your scheme and the Rams are damn near there with him.
So how many more seasons does Tutu have left in The NFL ? Funny JakeB just did a piece on Atwell.

—Who knows you could be right,but I like the progress Tutu has shown.
IMO from what I’ve scene & recalled is.

1.(2021)HATED the pick!!Why some smallish WR.Another Tavon
who’s smaller younger.Got covered & sat out training camp.Got injured for the season returning kicks.—Rams win a Superbowl & preseason Tutu led NFL (tops)in catches.
2. 2022 came into camp stronger & Bobby Wagner was messing with him.Tutu would make catches from Stafford because Wolford couldn’t throw it that far.The WR group suffered & Allen Robinson was getting shut down by Kendrick.Kuop got hurt.Kupp helped mentor him.Showed improvement.
3.2023- Had a little breakout season.I’ll say when Stetson went out it messed up the depth IMO.You need arms & Reps.Van Jefferson struggled & Tutu sort of beat him out ?Saying D. Robinson is some chump & Puka not having one of The Best rookie seasons ever? Tutu’s last game against Detroit his TD was a nice way to finish 2023.

4.2024 - expectations ? BUST or BREAKOUT? I just like what he is going to bring this season.The depth The Rams will have is special.When your talking trading for DEVONTA ADAMS would be stupid for the price it will cost.

Your guess about his future is as good as mine,but I’d like to see him as a Ram for another 3 seasons.If noting else he will give The Rams a Comp Pick(value).To me that is not a BUST!! Creed has won 2 Superbowls in a row.KC doesn’t win those without him!!!!

Tutu isn’t jumping off a cliff.He has GREAT body control.His reach is deceiving.His speed is at a very high level.He continues to work hard & get stronger.He has a nice pedigree,but also a mutt from a tough childhood.I guess his character & confidence within is why I think he will have an excellent career.

Merlin-when is judgement day? As a RAMS(Mcvay)FAN we should enjoy The PROCESS!!! The HC will tell his players that every day.In Mcvay WE SHOULD TRUST !!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not really the same players at all. It would be like saying Kenny Britt was another Calvin Johnson. Tavon was more a running back and gadget player than a receiver. Baily was the better true receiver on that WV team. Tutu is a receiver that can run routes and has great hands. Tavon was considered to be a Swiss Army knife gadget player. I'm not defending the pick (actually either one) but Tutu has some upside still as a receiver.

YEP !!! Tavon Austin was a GREAT PR guy.I wonder how he’s do with this new Kickoff rule ?
Tutu got hurt returning Punts.Kupp was The Rams PR guy until the WR from the Lions took over to help win a Superbowl.
—When Mcvay talks about a total team sport,we as rams Fans will see it in 2024.This team has bought in early.The OTA’s Mcvay was more hands on. I think that is what he means by feeling like his rookie season 2017.
—I know I’m getting away from Tutu cs. Tavon.Those deep routes Tutu has excellent timing.He has linger arms and a much bigger catch radius.His route running in general is night & day better than Tavon.In fact as you say about a gadget RB.That & the JET SWEEP was Mcvays bread & butter with him.That was the only way you could get Austin the ball.He was so much more dangerous in the OPEN GRASS.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
All purpose TD’s first three seasons:

T. Austin
T. Atwell

Tell Me More Jeff Goldblum GIF by National Geographic Channel

PARAM

Hall of Fame
He's 31/32 years old, will make 17 mill in base salary + a per game bonus of 500k. In 2025/2026 his base salary sky rockets to 35+ mill
Looks like a NFW to me.....
Yeah, great talent but price tag waaaaaay too high. It's unfortunate for guys like him. Get that huge pay day and good teams with talented rosters (read: expensive) can't afford to pay him in a trade. He could go to a team like Houston though. Still young and inexpensive.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
If the trajectory were to stay the same I would take it. TuTu is in his 3rd season which is considered a marker of a WR's progress and potential.
I am hoping he performs and not expecting him to be a star.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The funny thing with Tutu is that the Rams really do need his speed on the field. So he has an important element that will get him on the field if he can improve.

Ironically his best position in the NFL would probably be the slot, in order to get him the most consistent releases off the line. Ironic because we have the best fucking slot in the NFL in Kupp, or used to at least. But I don't bet against Kupp so I figure he'll be back in action this year. If not, however, then it is possible we see more of Tutu in the slot and used in route combinations designed to spring him into space.

Overall though it seems to me that he's fallen into that category where fans want to blame utilization, while the staff opts for other (and lesser talented) players over him. And generally speaking that window is what precedes a weapon being replaced in a good offense. I am sure he will get every opportunity this year in camp to solidify his role and position on the depth chart, but if we're not hearing good things about him in camp then he could very quickly find himself fighting for a roster spot.