Should Fisher Be The HC In 2016?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should Fisher Be The HC In 2016?

• Total voters

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Even if he brought in a brilliant OC, I feel like Fisher would handcuff him by picking another god awful QB.
Or more likely by "helping" him with the play calls.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It was 3rd and 1. We called a timeout. If they run it and get stopped, they can't spike the ball. So they have to rush the FG kicker on. If they pass it and we stop it, the clock is stopped and we get the ball back. The only thing we couldn't do was let them convert. We did.

Once they converted, it was irrelevant whether we had 1 timeout or not.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Again IMO, I think most of understand the magnitude of the job that Jeff Fisher and Les Snead undertook and for the most part things have been solid and the Rams are no longer looked upon being a joke of a franchise. Snead has also put together a scouting staff both pro and college that has been a huge upgrade over the past, but his budget was higher with ESK as owner as opposed to Georgia and the Chip transition team.

IMO Fisher has to make some major changes on the offensive side of the ball, he needs to bring in a bona fide offensive play caller, Frank Cignetti is a nice guy, but this is a results business and Cig has not gotten the results so these are changes at the very minimum I would make on offense.

Offensive Coordinator...Really like Ken Whisenhunt for this gig because his system coincides with Fisher's philosophy and Whiz has been very successful as a play caller with Pittsburgh and San Diego add in that he's now been fired twice as a Head Coach and his tenure will not be shortened for that reason.

Offensive Line....Paul Boudreau's second stint as OL coach has been checkered at best health issues notwithstanding. IMO, it's time to go in another direction and there should be some quality OL coaches available with coaching changes looming on the horizon.

Wide Receivers...I'm just tired of Ray Sherman because what has he really done over the past several years as a coach? The Ram receivers are always a work in progress and continue to come up short. It's just time to find somebody that can teach and develop because God knows, it's been a long time since Sherman has achieved that.

Add in that maybe Chris Weinke heads to college and I would keep Jeff Garcia and make him the QB coach because I just feel he offers more because of the passion and the fact that he's had some success in the NFL and again JMHO.
After today, I don't think anyone from this coaching staff stays.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Fisher has done a great job of accumulating talent for the Rams, look at where we are now, hell even where we were last year, compared to four years ago.

That said, we have the talent but he can't get it to perform consistently and for that he needs to be given the boot before we waste (or worse, lose) the talent we currently have. He's a great "players coach" and I can see how players love him, but he has to do more to earn the respect of fans. You can't go .500 year after year after year.

Sorry Fisher but I'm pretty well ready to move on from you.

When has Fisher gone .500? How does this talent that you speak of have a worse end result every single year?

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I want to be excited about Rams football And that ain't gonna happen with Fish at the helm. Long is gone, Quinn is going and the good parts keep aging. By the time Fish can figure out the O the D will suck. New coach please.

TheBunk

Rookie
It was 3rd and 1. We called a timeout. If they run it and get stopped, they can't spike the ball. So they have to rush the FG kicker on. If they pass it and we stop it, the clock is stopped and we get the ball back. The only thing we couldn't do was let them convert. We did.

Once they converted, it was irrelevant whether we had 1 timeout or not.
They were going to run a play regardless of the used timeout. By that time the Ravens had found ways to move the ball on the defense. It would have been better to keep them in scramble mode than give them the time to regroup especially when Flacco was clearly injured.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They were going to run a play regardless of the used timeout. By that time the Ravens had found ways to move the ball on the defense. It would have been better to keep them in scramble mode than give them the time to regroup especially when Flacco was clearly injured.

Or they would have run the ball and gotten the first down like they did. The timeout was the right call. The defense had to get a stop and they didn't. But I can't blame them for a game we lost 16-13.

Calling a timeout gave us a chance to get the ball back if we forced a stop.

FRO

Legend
Basketball analogy here, Fisher is our Mark Jackson, we need to find our Steve Kerr.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I may be on an island here, and. I don't care. I still don't think things will suddenly get better if our coaches get fired.

If our players outside TG2 don't start doing a better job in executing, it won't matter who the coaches are. We also need a full season of health and continuity. And no before anyone brings up "so its all on the players" argument, no its not all. Its everywhere. Things need to be fixed everywhere. I just don't think that changes with a simple coaching change.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I may be on an island here, and. I don't care. I still don't think things will suddenly get better if our coaches get fired.

If our players outside TG2 don't start doing a better job in executing, it won't matter who the coaches are. We also need a full season of health and continuity. And no before anyone brings up "so its all on the players" argument, no its not all. Its everywhere. Things need to be fixed everywhere. I just don't think that changes with a simple coaching change.
The more i watch this Rams team, the more i see how fundamentally unsound they are. Basic techniques. Blocking, focus at the LOS, running routes...i just don't see that under this staff.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Basketball analogy here, Fisher is our Mark Jackson, we need to find our Steve Kerr.

Not sure who that is, but I'm willing to go in another direction, that's for damn sure! Adam Gase looks close.
upload_2015-11-22_21-57-45.jpeg

0879405001433351677_filepicker.jpg

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
No.

He, like too many coaches that are noted for their work on one side of the ball, has absolutely no clue about the other side. In this case, offense. Fisher is utterly inept. He's had two really bad playcallers here for offensive coordinator, and he couldn't seem to attract any of the better candidates this offseason. The offense right now is the worst its been in the four years he's been here, and that's with possibly the most talented RB in the league. In particular, the pass offense has never been good here under him, but it's at its absolute worse, never mind the fact that we've had duds like Clemens, Hill, and Davis taking snaps before.

And he's the one constant. He has to take ultimate responsibility for this mess.

I doubt he'll get fired after this year, but he should. If he doesn't, he needs to take a long hard look in the mirror like John Robinson did in the mid-80s. Up until that time, Robinson had always built his offenses on running the ball, with passing as almost an afterthought - much like Fisher. But he hired Ernie Zampese in 1987, and by 1988 the Rams offense was a highly effective aerial circus, yet one that could still run the ball when it had to (with Greg Bell no less, whose talent level was several orders of magnitude less than what Gurley had).

That being said, he's stubborn and unlikely to change, so my gut says he'll go into next year with the same offensive staff and we'll have the same offensive suckfest.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
We also need to find our Steph Curry.
Seriously. You know, other than the QB situation i really don't have any complaints about the Fisher/Snead drafts. They get picked on quite a bit here. Singling out missed picks like Pead, Quick and Robinson more recently. If one were to pick ANY team and go look at their COMPLETE drafts over the last four years, the Rams' look pretty good IMO.

Bottom line personnel-wise is we don't have a QB and we haven't had one who could make plays since Bulger. Yikes.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The more i watch this Rams team, the more i see how fundamentally unsound they are. Basic techniques. Blocking, focus at the LOS, running routes...i just don't see that under this staff.

You don't think having backups and their backups playing with only a week to prep has anything to do with that?