Shotgun pointed at your head @ 10. Pick 1. (Last poll)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

You have to pick either Gurley or Scherff

• Gurley

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • Scherff

Votes: 44 73.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't recall Mark Ingram or Beanie Wells (injury prone in college) being thought of nearly as highly as Gurley. Richardson, on the other hand, got a lot of hype, though many had concerns about his success being tethered to a good Alabama OLine. But, even then, he wasn't nearly the home run hitter or complete back Gurley is now (receiving & blocking).
Beanie missed three games in his college career. How was he more injury prone than Gurley?

What was the last impactful first round RB? I'm not saying this actually proves anything but it does lend toward how different positions translate now as compared to the past. It has been pretty rare that a 1st or 2nd round RB has proven worthy of the pick.

I just happen to think that our O-line is a glaring weakness and the base that an offense needs to build off of for everything to work. I'm not actually opposed to taking Gurley if he checks out and they can also address the O-line. I just wouldn't take him just because we don't want to miss what MIGHT be.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Beanie missed three games in his college career. How was he more injury prone than Gurley?

What was the last impactful first round RB? I'm not saying this actually proves anything but it does lend toward how different positions translate now as compared to the past. It has been pretty rare that a 1st or 2nd round RB has proven worthy of the pick.

I just happen to think that our O-line is a glaring weakness and the base that an offense needs to build off of for everything to work. I'm not actually opposed to taking Gurley if he checks out and they can also address the O-line. I just wouldn't take him just because we don't want to miss what MIGHT be.

He may have only missed 3 games, but he seemed to always have some nagging injury from what I recall.

The last impactful 1st round RB was probably drafted by Jeff Fisher's Titans in Chris Johnson. That was the year before Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch were 1st rounders. Players, of which, Gurley has been compared (especially Peterson).

I agree that the OLine is a glaring weakness. And if I were a betting man I guess that Scherff will be in Rams Horns on draft day. I'd almost bank on it. But, what MIGHT be can occur at any position.

See 1st Round OLinemen like Gabe Carimi, Derrek Sherrod, James Carpenter, Jason Smith, Michael Oher, Chris Williams, Danny Watkins, and to date Matt Kalil, Jonathan Cooper, Eric Fisher, Chance Warmack, & Luke Joeckel. None of them have lived up to their draft selection.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He may have only missed 3 games, but he seemed to always have some nagging injury from what I recall.

The last impactful 1st round RB was probably drafted by Jeff Fisher's Titans in Chris Johnson. That was the year before Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch were 1st rounders. Players, of which, Gurley has been compared (especially Peterson).

I agree that the OLine is a glaring weakness. And if I were a betting man I guess that Scherff will be in Rams Horns on draft day. I'd almost bank on it. But, what MIGHT be can occur at any position.

See 1st Round OLinemen like Gabe Carimi, Derrek Sherrod, James Carpenter, Jason Smith, Michael Oher, Chris Williams, Danny Watkins, and to date Matt Kalil, Jonathan Cooper, Eric Fisher, Chance Warmack, & Luke Joeckel. None of them have lived up to their draft selection.

I concur about Beanie Wells. He entered the league injury prone. He always had nagging injuries in college.

An interesting comparison that I saw of Gurley was Steven Jackson in his college days. I agree that they are very similar.