Sharks on the Beach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Dolphins are assholes.

Don't get me wrong, I love em, and they're incredibly smart creatures..... But they also rape baby seals, often times kill them in the process, and then drag their dead bodies around for a while as it rots and rape it some more until they get bored of it.

Assholes.
They're just paying the seals back for raping all those salmon and sturgeon and then leaving them to waste for the seagulls (aka - rats of the air and sea) to fight over. But yeah - I've heard before that dolphin can be real a-holes.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I live in Orlando. The beach is New Smyrna Beach ... it's located just south of Daytona Beach. There is a large inlet separating Daytona and New Smyrna. Daytona is North of New Smyrna.
Nice... was curious since I've never knew anything about a high shark attack area. I used to live in Panama City and enjoyed the fishing there but never seen to many sharks around.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
How am I being an alarmist, or even close to that...it's just how natural orders work.

The fact that you guys need gear and licenses to do what you guys do, kinda proves my point. Humans have not adapted to be in water long term. Just like we aren't meant to fly, we need to be in pressurized tubes with emergency backup oxygen masks to do so. Or live in the Arctic, desert, etc.

Now you are misunderstanding what I'm saying this whole time. I'm not saying "oh you can't do this, you can't do that." I'd be a hypocrite. I've swam in the ocean. I've been with guys who fish. Doesn't bother me.

Also, if sharks and killing people and particular beaches, usually those beaches are closed. And if they aren't, there's usually warning signs of attacks. Sharks aren't purposefully going out and targeting humans that enter the water. They (humans) seem like prey, and by natural instinct to survive, sense a food source and go for it. It's not like they are purposely targeting humans. Watch shark attack survivor vids, rarely do I hear the victim say they blame the shark, as heartbreaking as it can be.

The natural world is not a pretty place. Humans should know the risk when entering that environment. Whether it being in Africa and doing what these morons do:

Or being in Yellowstone and being in bear country. There's precautions humans must take, and if they ignore them...well that's just ignorance.

Fortunately, these attacks are rare. We humans have essentially created a barrier b/w our world and the natural world. But when crossing over and events like these happen, it's no ones fault. I just disagree with the notions of humans "taking care of business" to prevent these attacks so we can go into their world.

Calm down I din't SAY you were an alarmist.
Licenses generally are about taxes not the truth,and BTW I should have called it certified anyway but it proves no point you are making,we are MEANT to do what we do as much as any other creature is,because we can conjure so many different adaptations is PROOF we were MEANT to .
I'l agree sharks aren't meant to walk,or they'd figure a way.
Our intellect is as much a part of what we were meant to do as the sharks keen sense of smell
I'd disagree about the natural world it's a beautiful place,and since we can devise ways to get to so many of those places I'd say we were meant to be wherever we damn well please and if something there threatens us, kill it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'd say we were meant to be wherever we damn well please and if something there threatens us, kill it.
0FuHbLz.jpg

grease

Actually they already have. The Epaulette shark has evolved to walk with its fins from tidal pools and can remain out of water for up to an hour.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Actually they already have. The Epaulette shark has evolved to walk with its fins from tidal pools and can remain out of water for up to an hour.
Can they deliver Pizza?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Can they deliver Pizza?
Only for Dominos. Cuz you know - they'll get it to your place in less than 30 minutes and that should be a no brainer for the return trip That means they will still be back in the tide pool within the hour. Done deal.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Calm down I din't SAY you were an alarmist.
Licenses generally are about taxes not the truth,and BTW I should have called it certified anyway but it proves no point you are making,we are MEANT to do what we do as much as any other creature is,because we can conjure so many different adaptations is PROOF we were MEANT to .
Our intellect is as much a part of what we were meant to do as the sharks keen sense of smell
I'd disagree about the natural world it's a beautiful place,and since we can devise ways to get to so many of those places I'd say we were meant to be wherever we damn well please and if something there threatens us, kill it.

This is the last thing I'll say RE this topic, b/c we'll just be going around in circles.

Without protective gear and supplies, humans simply cannot be in environments they have not evolved to be in. That includes air, deserts, frozen tundras, and aquatic areas.

I do tend to agree if it's a threat, then yes you have to protect yourself. HOWEVER, when entering the perceived threats environment, or the above mentioned environment we have not evolved to be in, you cannot just remove them BEFORE they pose a danger or simply b/c they are a potential danger. That's all I'm saying. Especially when humans have already removed themselves from any natural dangers.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Don't know where you live Angry,but everywhere I've lived ,swam in the ocean , snow skiied , has been made safer not just for me but for livestock and children of this species by predator reduction,I have seen some adverse affects of too much predator reduction, every year a member or two of my family hits a deer because of overpopulation, then again "micromanagers" refuse to let the two legged predators thin the herds adequately BECAUSE they consider man to only be a part of nature in negative terms.

The hubris behind the idea that we are able to manage the environment is a constant source of folly ,not sayin the efforts to try are all laughable , but the way the eco-activists gang up on people who dissent will always assure that I will pull the chain when someone begins to preach.