Sharks on the Beach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
We are FWIW capable of what we do ALL other creatures are deemed to be meant to do what they are capable of ,show me the great book that tells the wise ones what we are meant to do and not to do ,or does it only exist within their subjective value systems?
Were we meant to split the atom? We did and had we not it would not have been done for better or worse,lwe're we meant to cure dread diseases? If we have the , it's capability its a primaface case we were meant to by the standard all other creatures elements and plants that inhabilt this planet are viewed.

Since we have a free will we are "meant" to do as it compels us with both constructive and destructive results,we were meant to fuck shit up and to fix it

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And clearly we are meant to derail a thread with some cool fishing pictures into a debate about the meaning of life. Looks like we succeeded there. Good to be humans - eh? :cool:

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm just waiting to finally get a chance to say "Well as a scientist I think....."

However since I'm not a biologist, nor is it a position of strength for me, I'm just waiting for someone to talk about the universe, or the atmosphere, or pretty much anything up above..... As soon as someone does I'm so in on this.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm just waiting to finally get a chance to say "Well as a scientist I think....."

However since I'm not a biologist, nor is it a position of strength for me, I'm just waiting for someone to talk about the universe, or the atmosphere, or pretty much anything up above..... As soon as someone does I'm so in on this.
That's an interest of mine too ... if you wanna start a new thread.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Bullshark, we are "meant" to do whatever we can learn to do,just like sharks,they just haven't learned to GTFOOH when the top of the food chain shows up and indeed challenges them, so they uh get Darwinized.
BTW I said: "Humans weren't MEANT to build Interstate Highways by your standards" not that , humans aren't meant to design roads, bridges, McDonalds, whatever.
We are "meant to" do what we are capable of,like any other species,every other species is supposed to fight for it's survival through what means it is capable of. Like Chevy says:D
We are not the problem,we are the solution as Ridley says.(y)
I'm not confused at all.

Agree, but we are not designed to be in the ocean. We just don't have the features to be in there. Never have been (well there's theories that say otherwise...but theories).

What do you think "my standards" are btw? All I'm saying you can't advocate removing sharks b/c they attack humans when they are in the ocean. Same with any keystone species, land or sea.

Angry Ram

And clearly we are meant to derail a thread with some cool fishing pictures into a debate about the meaning of life. Looks like we succeeded there. Good to be humans - eh? :cool:

That's just how we fuckin roll.:lifting::lifting::lifting:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

How 'bout that meteor "shower" the other night? Pretty non-epic - eh? I've been meaning to ask you if you saw more than we did. We finally had a pretty clear sky when one of these "events" was supposed to take place so we went to a really low light area in the woods and the only action... well... didn't have anything to do with meteors. TMI? :D

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Agree, but we are not designed to be in the ocean. We just don't have the features to be in there. Never have been (well there's theories that say otherwise...but theories).

What do you think "my standards" are btw? All I'm saying you can't advocate removing sharks b/c they attack humans when they are in the ocean. Same with any keystone species, land or sea.
I have fins, mask, and snorkel and am certified to use tanks. Seems like Purdy good features to ME. I can even use the proper weights and a BCD to give me proper buoyancy. I can glide around like a shark only I can actually stop swimming if I want to. I'd say I maybe a little better equipped to take advantage of the designs available. No constantly available teeth - so maybe that is a slight disadvantage. Instead - I carry a knife and, if I choose, a spear. Still not messin' with those sharks while down there.

bluecoconuts

Legend
How 'bout that meteor "shower" the other night? Pretty non-epic - eh? I've been meaning to ask you if you saw more than we did. We finally had a pretty clear sky when one of these "events" was supposed to take place so we went to a really low light area in the woods and the only action... well... didn't have anything to do with meteors. TMI? :D

I didn't even watch it, I had work the next morning at 6AM, and have seen enough good showers before. The best one I've seen in CA I was up in the Sierra Nevadas with my father many years ago. The best I've seen period was the Perseids a few years back when I was in Afghanistan.... Honestly the best star gazing I've ever done was in Afghanistan, on clear nights you could very distinctly see the Milky Way, the Andromeda Galaxy, and the Orion Nebula, as well as many other stars, planets, etc. That's really what peaked by interest in the first place.

I heard that the viewing down here for the Camelopardalid shower wasn't much better than anywhere else though, so I wasn't that upset about missing it. A few oo's and ahh's, but nothing to write home about. A few buddies in San Diego said it was too cloudy for them, and a few classmates up here said they were pretty underwhelmed by it.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
We spent the Holiday Weekend at our favorite local beach. That beach happens to be the #1 beach in the world for shark bites... New Smyrna Beach.

Here's a few pics of some sharks my 16 year old twins managed to beach on Saturday night. They were only using spinning rods and 20 pound test line. They went through all of my wire leader (probably 75 yards worth) trying to bring in some of the big sharks... No luck with the big ones though LOL... but they had fun trying.

My twins and their friends...

unnamed-2-2.jpg

This one is of my "Good" twin who is a Ram Fan. I failed the other one somehow.

unnamed-6.jpg

Tell your other twin it's never to late to correct a mistake in life!! lol

P.s. where do you live and where I that beach out of curiosity?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tell your other twin it's never to late to correct a mistake in life!! lol

P.s. where do you live and where I that beach out of curiosity?

I live in Orlando. The beach is New Smyrna Beach ... it's located just south of Daytona Beach. There is a large inlet separating Daytona and New Smyrna. Daytona is North of New Smyrna.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

You clearly expressed your standards ,if a species was not physically equipped to do things ,i.e. survive extended stays in the ocean ,they weren't "meant" to be there ,I'd say equipped ,but "meant" is a global term and used by people generally who really think they know more than they do because they think they can use the term authoritatively.
Under my term 503 and George and are equipped to be there since we have diving gear and licenses (my PADI license was acquired in 1974).

NOW as to what I can and can't do, are you who we go to when we want permission to do things? When did you acquire that authority?and five will get you ten if your kid and dog are out in the back yard a predator attacks kills your dog and turns to kill your kid,if you are "equipped" to kill it, and I tell you that you can't your gonna tell me to have some rather unusual intercourse.
People stake out territory that overlaps the former former territories of predators throughout this entire world ,not just New Smyrna "land and sea",I offered the Ridley video because as he says,many doomsday predictions have come and gone in his lifetime,whereas there may be veracity in your alarm,it is just as possible it's alarmist.
People have gone into the waves as long as we could write about it,if Sharks are killing and injuring people on a particular beach and you wanna go tell a mother that her kid wasn't meant to be there when she's taking her mangled child to the hospital,g'head ,I'll tell her I'm going out to the beach and taking my turn watching for sharks ,and if I get a clear shot,I'm shooting the lil beggar.

If you insist upon judging me in that context and yourself as well be my guest.

Angry Ram

You clearly expressed your standards ,if a species was not physically equipped to do things ,i.e. survive extended stays in the ocean ,they weren't "meant" to be there ,I'd say equipped ,but "meant" is a global term and used by people generally who really think they know more than they do because they think they can use the term authoritatively.
Under my term 503 and George and are equipped to be there since we have diving gear and licenses (my PADI license was acquired in 1974).

NOW as to what I can and can't do, are you who we go to when we want permission to do things? When did you acquire that authority?and five will get you ten if your kid and dog are out in the back yard a predator attacks kills your dog and turns to kill your kid,if you are "equipped" to kill it, and I tell you that you can't your gonna tell me to have some rather unusual intercourse.
People stake out territory that overlaps the former former territories of predators throughout this entire world ,not just New Smyrna "land and sea",I offered the Ridley video because as he says,many doomsday predictions have come and gone in his lifetime,whereas there may be veracity in your alarm,it is just as possible it's alarmist.
People have gone into the waves as long as we could write about it,if Sharks are killing and injuring people on a particular beach and you wanna go tell a mother that her kid wasn't meant to be there when she's taking her mangled child to the hospital,g'head ,I'll tell her I'm going out to the beach and taking my turn watching for sharks ,and if I get a clear shot,I'm shooting the lil beggar.

If you insist upon judging me in that context and yourself as well be my guest.

How am I being an alarmist, or even close to that...it's just how natural orders work.

The fact that you guys need gear and licenses to do what you guys do, kinda proves my point. Humans have not adapted to be in water long term. Just like we aren't meant to fly, we need to be in pressurized tubes with emergency backup oxygen masks to do so. Or live in the Arctic, desert, etc.

Now you are misunderstanding what I'm saying this whole time. I'm not saying "oh you can't do this, you can't do that." I'd be a hypocrite. I've swam in the ocean. I've been with guys who fish. Doesn't bother me.

Also, if sharks and killing people and particular beaches, usually those beaches are closed. And if they aren't, there's usually warning signs of attacks. Sharks aren't purposefully going out and targeting humans that enter the water. They (humans) seem like prey, and by natural instinct to survive, sense a food source and go for it. It's not like they are purposely targeting humans. Watch shark attack survivor vids, rarely do I hear the victim say they blame the shark, as heartbreaking as it can be.

The natural world is not a pretty place. Humans should know the risk when entering that environment. Whether it being in Africa and doing what these morons do:

Or being in Yellowstone and being in bear country. There's precautions humans must take, and if they ignore them...well that's just ignorance.

Fortunately, these attacks are rare. We humans have essentially created a barrier b/w our world and the natural world. But when crossing over and events like these happen, it's no ones fault. I just disagree with the notions of humans "taking care of business" to prevent these attacks so we can go into their world.

grease

How am I being an alarmist, or even close to that...it's just how natural orders work.

The fact that you guys need gear and licenses to do what you guys do, kinda proves my point. Humans have not adapted to be in water long term. Just like we aren't meant to fly, we need to be in pressurized tubes with emergency backup oxygen masks to do so. Or live in the Arctic, desert, etc.

Now you are misunderstanding what I'm saying this whole time. I'm not saying "oh you can't do this, you can't do that." I'd be a hypocrite. I've swam in the ocean. I've been with guys who fish. Doesn't bother me.

Also, if sharks and killing people and particular beaches, usually those beaches are closed. And if they aren't, there's usually warning signs of attacks. Sharks aren't purposefully going out and targeting humans that enter the water. They (humans) seem like prey, and by natural instinct to survive, sense a food source and go for it. It's not like they are purposely targeting humans. Watch shark attack survivor vids, rarely do I hear the victim say they blame the shark, as heartbreaking as it can be.

The natural world is not a pretty place. Humans should know the risk when entering that environment. Whether it being in Africa and doing what these morons do:

Or being in Yellowstone and being in bear country. There's precautions humans must take, and if they ignore them...well that's just ignorance.

Fortunately, these attacks are rare. We humans have essentially created a barrier b/w our world and the natural world. But when crossing over and events like these happen, it's no ones fault. I just disagree with the notions of humans "taking care of business" to prevent these attacks so we can go into their world.

It's natural for humans to eliminate threats in their environment. We have evolved that way. The beginning of human civilization at its earliest was likely in response to the threat of predation. The efforts to reintroduce the wolf are supported by people not threatened by them on their doorstep. For some people its gone full circle.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Guess I'm absolved. I have my gear and I don't blame the shark.

Now - that idiot with the elephant... I blame the pachyderm for not making him into a fucking puddle. That elephant is a disgrace and should be put down for not culling the herd of someone who cannot be allowed to reproduce.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Guess I'm absolved. I have my gear and I don't blame the shark.

Now - that idiot with the elephant... I blame the pachyderm for not making him into a freaking puddle. That elephant is a disgrace and should be put down for not culling the herd of someone who cannot be allowed to reproduce.

this is why i like Cows
they know how to deal with Australians

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
this is why i like Cows
they know how to deal with Australians

Agreed. I always root for the bulls whenever I see that stupid crap.

Yep - count me in there too. I'm always cheering on the bulls in the streets or in the ring. Just not on the basketball court.

I will bet though that sharks NEVER cheer for the dolphins. See how much more evolved us humans are? Damn sharks anyway.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Dolphins are assholes.

Don't get me wrong, I love em, and they're incredibly smart creatures..... But they also rape baby seals, often times kill them in the process, and then drag their dead bodies around for a while as it rots and rape it some more until they get bored of it.

Assholes.