Several breakdowns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Right. I didn't know what you thought, or were saying, Long's responsibility was on that play formation on that other play you posted where the QB stayed in the box. He's the CBR player on runs away and force player on runs that flow to him. Looked like (again, in that other play), while the motion receiver was coming down his side, he was still responsible for the counter on the play-fake to the RB. Or maybe not. Are we certain we know what his responsibility really was there? As it pertains to the picture in this thread, he might have contain, but he also might have to crash the C gap on a counter read, no? I mean, it was a play-fake and I don't know if anyone expects Manning to roll out (or line up wide like earlier.... wtf was that?).

If it were counter motion, Long would take on the pulling blocker. A counter is really a long trap, and he'd be responsible to take on the "trap' whereas in zone blocking of a play away wuld tell him that the cutback is real possibility. The man blocking and pulling linemen would tell him to close the hole by meeting the oncoming blocker.