Several breakdowns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
upload_2014-12-22_14-56-37.png

upload_2014-12-22_14-57-45.png

upload_2014-12-22_14-59-38.png

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, that bugged me. McLeod was perfectly within his rights to bump the receiver out of the way (uh, inadvertently) in an attempt to get the ball. He should have run right through the receiver since his eyes were locked on it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yeah, that bugged me. McLeod was perfectly within his rights to bump the receiver out of the way (uh, inadvertently) in an attempt to get the ball. He should have run right through the receiver since his eyes were locked on it.
Anyone remember 3 flies up? Cloud would have sucked at that game. Bigger receiver, smaller defender, it pissed me off too, but I'll give them that one.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah, he should have played ball better, and either (a) picked it off or (b) drwan an offensive PI. On a baloon ball like that it's a hail mary . . and likely htere would have been no call, but RR just played ball better, using height an jumping ability. I know Rams love McC but I've been wanting a taller, ball hawing safety since we lost OJ . .. we've never gotten that guy

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
OK, I'm probably going to expose my ignorance (though to pre-empt smartaleckness, that will be the only thing exposed), but what is CBR?

I doubt it's the site Comic Book Resources, which is the only CBR I know...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
OK, I'm probably going to expose my ignorance (though to pre-empt smartaleckness, that will be the only thing exposed), but what is CBR?

I doubt it's the site Comic Book Resources, which is the only CBR I know...
Counter boot reverse responsibility.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
How bout we just say "outside contain".

And when you watch the all 22, can you tell me if he gets hooked and held on that play, or just "bit" for the fake.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Was so frustrated with McLeod on this play, but hey, that's why I want the more athletic Joyner at free safety. It is what it is.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Was so frustrated with McLeod on this play, but hey, that's why I want the more athletic Joyner at free safety. It is what it is.
I think he'll get his chance.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I think he'll get his chance.

He should. I love Joyner as a football player. He just gets it. Move him to safety and Mo to linebacker, and I think that I'd be satisfied with that.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Counter, cutback.

You say Potato, and I say nom nom nom.

Counter would have a specific blocking scheme and would should be recognizable, cutbacks are on plays that have multiple hole options, whereas coutner has pulling OLmen and more localized hole design. Small, but recognizable differences with counter versus cutback in rams scheme, IMO

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Was one of those plays that made me wonder if "this was going to be the Giants day".

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
'
Was one of those plays that made me wonder if "this was going to be the Giants day".
'
How about the ONLY play that we gt pressure on Eli, he bailed out, running as fast as he could backwards, tried to throw it away, and his TE made an unbelievable catch. I thought, "Shit".

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
''
How about the ONLY play that we gt pressure on Eli, he bailed out, running as fast as he could backwards, tried to throw it away, and his TE made an unbelievable catch. I thought, "crap".

Some days... And it happens to all teams... It just goes that way. Weird.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Counter would have a specific blocking scheme and would should be recognizable, cutbacks are on plays that have multiple hole options, whereas coutner has pulling OLmen and more localized hole design. Small, but recognizable differences with counter versus cutback in rams scheme, IMO
No offense, but he (X) knows the difference, he was just making a joke. I, too, like you posting these. Keep it up.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Right. I didn't know what you thought, or were saying, Long's responsibility was on that play formation on that other play you posted where the QB stayed in the box. He's the CBR player on runs away and force player on runs that flow to him. Looked like (again, in that other play), while the motion receiver was coming down his side, he was still responsible for the counter on the play-fake to the RB. Or maybe not. Are we certain we know what his responsibility really was there? As it pertains to the picture in this thread, he might have contain, but he also might have to crash the C gap on a counter read, no? I mean, it was a play-fake and I don't know if anyone expects Manning to roll out (or line up wide like earlier.... wtf was that?).