Seven riskiest signings of NFL free agency so far/NFL.com

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm trying to figure it out too. Daniel has 2 starts in 7 seasons!

Lost all these years, a starter stuck behind Drew Brees and Alex Smith?
This make one wonder, was he hoping one of these QB's would get injured, or did he resign himself to being a life-Long back-up!

fearsomefour

Legend
Thing is Daniel may have been named a starter on another team. Jets, Broncos, Browns. Why not wait it out and see. Still seems fishy.
We are assuming he wants to start. Guy has been in the league for six or seven years and has two career starts, under 100 attempts, 1 TD and 1 Int. He gone to places before, like KC, where he was clearly the backup. There isn't always going to be starting positions available of course and he may have gotten sniffs from other places....but, I seriously doubt Elway would go with a guy with such little actual game experience coming off of a Super Bowl.
If he wants to start it seems like a strange choice. If he went with familiarity with Peterson and the money....$7M to back up an oft injured QB is a sweet deal....that makes sense.
For the Eagles I think it is just a backup policy. You don't take a guy and pay him $18M a year with Bradfords physical gifts and have an open competition. The Rams having an open competition....that makes sense. It is interesting Bradfords deal is two years and Daniels is three. If Sam goes down and Daniels plays well, it will be tough for Sam to get back in there. But, I think talk of a real competition is just the new coach doing what new coaches do....there is a new sheriff in town, all positions are open....blah, blah, blah.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Boy, just imagine these QB prices last year. The Foles contract is looking like a steal comparatively. Maybe it wasn't such a bad contract.

it was a horrible contract. $14m for the worst display of qbing the league has ever seen. the rams said they would only trade sam if they got a starting qb in return. boy did they get swindled. alarm bells should have been ringing when the eagles added a 2nd for a qb coming of consecutive season ending knee injuries. they were desperate to get anything for this guy and were willing to throw a high draft pick to accomplish the deal.

move one year forward the eagles pay sam $18m per year to stay and the rams are still in qb limbo. brilliant.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We are assuming he wants to start. Guy has been in the league for six or seven years and has two career starts, under 100 attempts, 1 TD and 1 Int. He gone to places before, like KC, where he was clearly the backup. There isn't always going to be starting positions available of course and he may have gotten sniffs from other places....but, I seriously doubt Elway would go with a guy with such little actual game experience coming off of a Super Bowl.
If he wants to start it seems like a strange choice. If he went with familiarity with Peterson and the money....$7M to back up an oft injured QB is a sweet deal....that makes sense.
For the Eagles I think it is just a backup policy. You don't take a guy and pay him $18M a year with Bradfords physical gifts and have an open competition. The Rams having an open competition....that makes sense. It is interesting Bradfords deal is two years and Daniels is three. If Sam goes down and Daniels plays well, it will be tough for Sam to get back in there. But, I think talk of a real competition is just the new coach doing what new coaches do....there is a new sheriff in town, all positions are open....blah, blah, blah.

i love the logic the media hacks use. the $7m per year the eagles are giving daniels means he will be the starter over sam who is getting $18m per year. brilliant deduction. has anyone pinpointed the exact moment nfl reporting turned to shit?

fearsomefour

Legend
i love the logic the media hacks use. the $7m per year the eagles are giving daniels means he will be the starter over sam who is getting $18m per year. brilliant deduction. has anyone pinpointed the exact moment nfl reporting turned to crap?

I can, at least in my opinion. But, the PC police would be out.