Season Prediction?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Post OTA season prediction

• 6-10 or worse

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • 7-9

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • 8-8

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • 9-7

Votes: 17 19.1%
  • 10-6

Votes: 30 33.7%
  • 11-5

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • 12-4 or better

Votes: 12 13.5%

• Total voters

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
I foresee 16-0 (same prediction as last year).

On the very unlikely chance that the Rams lose a game, I'll revise my prediction to 15-1.

Yeah, I'm THAT guy. :cool:
Right there with ya, Junkman.
16-0 until proven otherwise. Always has been my preseason prediction, and always will be.

GO RAMS!!!!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
It seems to be harder for me to find my optimism this season. I won't be shocked at another slow start. A tough early schedule along with newbies who will need time to come together. Our only chance is if the defense is dominant every week. They weren't last year.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
7-9

I've predicted 7-9 for like the last 7-9 years , I see no reason to change it now , they have a killer schedule and I see yet another slow start

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
If it just was'nt the year that America has a total financial crash in Sept. then Marshall law along with China taking over the dollar after Oct. 10th monetary redo. If Yellowstone finally blowing its top was'nt enough it also sets off the New Madrid fault line and the East Coast goes down bigtime also with our already fragile grid. All this just when The RAMS were finally back into being a contender again since Forever.

Hope you have some 10-20 year foodstuffs put away and have that well system put in the backyard with a manual pump system for starters as most think 90% won't make it through this as the 4th Blood Moon is in Sept. along with being Alul 29 and Jubilee year and all on Jewish Feast days. Nasa says this won't occur again for 400 years. Last two Tetrads with 4 Blood Moons on Jewish feast days was in 1948 when Isreal became a nation and 1967 when they reclaimed Jerusalem . Unless you go back to 1492 when the Jews were kicked out of Spain and Columbus (a Jew) with money given to him discovered a place that would be founded by folks seeking religious freedom.

Now tell me the Rams are cursed. Believe it or not I'm the farthest from a conspiracy theorist you'll ever meet too. Did I need to put this in Blue? I need help with that but I did pick 10-6 if only we can get out of training camp with NO INJURIES to our OL and maybe sign one Vet to help the youngins and be there if one hits the rookie wall. Maybe camp shows we need something we can't see yet. Need Quick and Gurley to come thru with flying colors.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It seems to be harder for me to find my optimism this season. I won't be shocked at another slow start. A tough early schedule along with newbies who will need time to come together. Our only chance is if the defense is dominant every week. They weren't last year.
Nobody here is going to find fault with blind optimism.

And if they do (find fault with it), fuck'm.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I'm just being honest, man.
I don't think you guys will reach your potential until Jeff Fisher is gone.

I hate to admit this, but the same thoughts have been creeping into my mind this season. I've followed Fisher's career since he played at USC. I admire his abilities and experience. I think he builds sound teams, we already know his defensive philosophy and somewhat puzzling (tardiness) c0ncerning the offense. But what bother's me most is his long term record as a HC.

Is his mediocre record all his fault? Of course not, but history suggests his strengths seem to favor the ability to develop a competitive unit while not actually ever becoming dominant. I understand that some folks favor a defensive oriented team, but without the ability to respond to higher scoring teams offensively, leaves me wishing for a more offensively aggressive coach.

Coach Fisher has brought this team to a competitive level, especially this year. The question remains, can he take them all the way with his philosophy? I hate to mention this, but HC's in both SF and Seattle were able to reconstruct winning team's by now. Yes, we know the excuses and circumstances involved, but the question remains, can this team under fisher, rise from the 3rd tier to the 1st?

I guess we're going to find out pretty soon. :cautious:

ramsince62

Hall of Fame

And if they do (find fault with it), freak'm.

Sadly, I appear to be suffering from the same malady....so many years of potential and promise, only to be squashed repeatedly by injury and circumstance.

I am trying a new strategy this year, at least through the 3rd preseason game....I'd rather be pessimistic and guarded until then and ultimately proven wrong,... then to be or appear to be optimistic and experience another year of frustration, disappointment and misery.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I hate to admit this, but the same thoughts have been creeping into my mind this season. I've followed Fisher's career since he played at USC. I admire his abilities and experience. I think he builds sound teams, we already know his defensive philosophy and somewhat puzzling (tardiness) c0ncerning the offense. But what bother's me most is his long term record as a HC.

Is his mediocre record all his fault? Of course not, but history suggests his strengths seem to favor the ability to develop a competitive unit while not actually ever becoming dominant. I understand that some folks favor a defensive oriented team, but without the ability to respond to higher scoring teams offensively, leaves me wishing for a more offensively aggressive coach.

Coach Fisher has brought this team to a competitive level, especially this year. The question remains, can he take them all the way with his philosophy? I hate to mention this, but HC's in both SF and Seattle were able to reconstruct winning team's by now. Yes, we know the excuses and circumstances involved, but the question remains, can this team under fisher, rise from the 3rd tier to the 1st?

I guess we're going to find out pretty soon. :cautious:

My biggest negative response to coach Fisher is every year without fail we have MANY games with almost and over 100 yards in penalties and I'm WELL OVER EVERY coachspeach excuse I've heard ever since Jeff took over the top spot for the RAMS . Take some time and look at many losses that we should have won due to pure sloppy play and very bad timed penalties. Lets stop blaming the refs hate the RAMS songs we sing on Monday mornings every season.

Fisher if you don't put a team on the field that cannot keep the penalties down this season than that in itself after 4 years is enough to prove we can never move forward. You can put a decent group of young men together but they can't play disciplined ball, game in and game out and start the season with momentum as a first as a RAMS HC. Sorry Jeff I like you but I think you've had time to get these guys more disciplined and stop using the youth as an excuse as Havenstein did'nt have a holding call all last season. How will he do with you as his HC? Vermeil may have been hated for his long tough practices but he brought home the prize. Sacrifice some of your love you get from your players being their guy and start demanding the very best from everyone in Horns. I see 3 wins in just sloppy and undisciplined play every year.

If you need me to get you every game we've played and the stats on penalties along with W & L's. I can do the work you can easily find yourself. Jeff you have serious bags under your eyes and you love your fine wine. Lets start playing some serious BALL right out of the gate in 2015. We fans deserve it now that you Snead and Demoff have put a decent bunch of guys together. Coach em' up and lets play tough "D" and run the damn ball and throw the PA passes and see if this style still applies to the NFL today.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I hate to mention this, but HC's in both SF and Seattle were able to reconstruct winning team's by now.

Harbaugh didn't have to do a complete rebuild and Belichick took 3 seasons. This is season 4 for Fisher and he's had to do a complete rebuild with no decent QB. Sounds about right to me.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To me it comes down to Gurley and the Oline....Our Defense is in year two of Greg Williams system, so there should be NO slow start this year (no excuses). Our Oline rookies cut their teeth being run blockers in pro style offenses..They are HUGE..I don't remember a time in the last few years where our Oline was able to push a defensive line, off the line consistently. I think Fisher picked these huge men to do this, giving eith Mason or Gurley a free shot into the 2nd level. We wil control the ball, and Gurley may hit 1500 yards his rookie season, which I am tempering because he might miss the first two games;).

11-5, and I am serious as sh.t.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

let us all hope this is the season when it all comes together for fisher like it did in 99.

1999 13-3
2000 13-3
2001 7-9
2002 11-5
2003 12-4

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I voted 11-5. And I'm sober as a judge.

Here's why. The highlights, anyway.

Compared to last year, we will have...

Much better QB.
Better RB's. Remember, we started Stacy/Cunningham for at least 4 games to start last year.
Healthy Saffold. He played with bad shoulder all 16 games last year.
Center will be at least a push over Wells. Will be upgrade over injured Wells by mid season.
Whomever becomes our starting RG will be an upgrade over Joseph. Duh.
Hav should be a push vs Barks early on, then an upgrade by game 6 or so.
GRob should be improved over his rookie year.
Donald should be improved over his rookie year.
Quick, hopefully, will pick up where he left off last year before his injury. Huge upgrade.
Our D should hit the ground running for all 16 games. That's about 8 games of top 5 D more than we had last year.
I see Ayers as an upgrade over Dunbar.
I see Fairley as an upgrade over Langford.
Cigs and Weinke should have a positive influence on our entire O effectiveness, starting with Tavon, hopefully.
ST should remain the same, more or less. And that's pretty danged good.

As Fisher said, "If I was another team, I wouldn't want to play us".

Yeah, I'm going with 11-5. And a playoff win, while I'm at it. Lol.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I also got 11-5, fellas. And that's only because the refs stink and we'll probabaly not show up a game or two, happens. Otherwise it's pound the QB and pound the rock to run out the clock. Playoffs!!!

RamzFanz

Damnit
11-5 is going to be a shocker for the world, not just because it's the Rams in the NFCW, but because the Rams will be lucky to go 2-3 or 3-2 the first 5. Then, they will go zombie apocalypse on the NFL.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
You all know I'm a big time homer. I think we can do great things this year. We can go 11-5. 10-6 could happen. 9-7 - perhaps. I voted for 6-10 or worse....that's how damaged my psyche is from all the losing seasons. I'm so sorry.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sadly, I appear to be suffering from the same malady....so many years of potential and promise, only to be squashed repeatedly by injury and circumstance.

I am trying a new strategy this year, at least through the 3rd preseason game....I'd rather be pessimistic and guarded until then and ultimately proven wrong,... then to be or appear to be optimistic and experience another year of frustration, disappointment and misery.
If they fail to produce, you're going to be miserable no matter what expectations you had going in.
Might as well come in guns blazin' again and experience the highest of highs when they run the tables.
Because if you go in pessimistic, and they prove you wrong, you'll just feel shitty for being a doubter.

That's all the time we have for today. Pay the receptionist and schedule your next appointment.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

And if they do (find fault with it), freak'm.
Well said X!!(y)(y)

let us all hope this is the season when it all comes together for fisher like it did in 99.

1999 13-3
2000 13-3
2001 7-9
2002 11-5
2003 12-4

I could live with 4 of these 5 years!:D
If they fail to produce, you're going to be miserable no matter what expectations you had going in.
Might as well come in guns blazin' again and experience the highest of highs when they run the tables.
Because if you go in pessimistic, and they prove you wrong, you'll just feel crappy for being a doubter.

That's all the time we have for today. Pay the receptionist and schedule your next appointment.
Thanks Dr. X! I'll schedule an appointment for the 1st week in Sept.!!:D