GAME DAY SaNF - Lions at Cowboys Game Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And there in lies the problem. No one bats an eye when criticizing or slamming Sean McVay. Hell that happens to this day.

God forbid someone criticize or slam Jared Goff tho. When so many other former Ram players are so freely shit on.
I just criticized both of them. (I've also defended McVay many times when people said wild shit on this board.) And let's not pretend that people didn't criticize Goff when he was here. Hell, there are still people on Goff's ass despite the fact that he's playing for another squad. How many people are talking about Leonard Floyd's play on the Bills, Greg Gaines's play on the Bucs, or Nick Scott's play on the Bengals? Goff was a polarizing figure and took plenty of crap from this fanbase. A lot of it was deserved. Some of it wasn't.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Those are two very different things.

Incompetence would mean that they’re just crap at their jobs; robbery suggests that it was deliberate and is therefore far worse.
200w.gif

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Those are two very different things.

Incompetence would mean that they’re just crap at their jobs; robbery suggests that it was deliberate and is therefore far worse.
It was both today.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm sorry this is happening to you.

:bigcry:

iron man kiss GIF

I just criticized both of them. (I've also defended McVay many times when people said wild shit on this board.) And let's not pretend that people didn't criticize Goff when he was here. Hell, there are still people on Goff's ass despite the fact that he's playing for another squad. How many people are talking about Leonard Floyd's play on the Bills, Greg Gaines's play on the Bucs, or Nick Scott's play on the Bengals? Goff was a polarizing figure and took plenty of crap from this fanbase. A lot of it was deserved. Some of it wasn't.

Talking about guys like Todd Gurley, Chris Long, heck even SJack way back when. Marc Bulger anyone?

Those guys you mentioned werent high name, high topics of debate as good as they were/are. On JG i held back in 2020 until Jets and next week @ Seattle. The latter was the breaking point for a lot of us. Done with rooting for him.

I agree with everything else tho.

Ellard80

Legend
didnt agree with going from two after the penalty...

in fact if Campell didn't go for it every time the lions are up by 5 at the end of the game.

TexasRam

Legend
I would like to see a change made where the refs are question post game regarding calls they made.

Yea i know, wishful thinking but perhaps this shit boils over at some point with calls like this.

I would rather have the refs explain what happened from their perspective then to get a week worth of social media speculation.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
I would like to see a change made where the refs are question post game regarding calls they made.

Yea i know, wishful thinking but perhaps this shit boils over at some point with calls like this.

I would rather have the refs explain what happened from their perspective then to get a week worth of social media speculation.
Even if there are post game interviews with refs, how will that change things?

“I’m sorry, but I made a mistake.”

Where are the repercussions? Refs can fuck up every week and yet they still keep their jobs. Until that changes, such poor/bent (delete according to your belief) decision making will continue.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah because we don't get enough of them nuking every single fucking event during a 3 hour game.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Man I am seriously fighting these conspiracy theories about the NFL and controlling the game.

This does not help.

Jimmy Jones night is Mrs Swadudes thought and now I can not disagree.

Along I think the NFL wants a Rams/Ravens Super Bowl.

Which I can not disagree.

The replays are pretty damning.

How in the hell does 70 declare clearly with the ref walking away and not looking at him.

Damn egregious.

TexasRam

Legend
Even if there are post game interviews with refs, how will that change things?

“I’m sorry, but I made a mistake.”

Where are the repercussions? Refs can fuck up every week and yet they still keep their jobs. Until that changes, such poor/bent (delete according to your belief) decision making will continue.
I am not talking about a general question to a ref such as "did you screw up that call?"

I am talking about specific questions to add clarity.

"Who reported as eligible?" "Is it possible you wrote down the wrong number?" etc.

Then you can have repercussions based on their explanations.

Sometimes you might also find ways to improve the process. You might require the refs to have A Mic on such as on the coin flip to hear the call. Then you could review the tape if their was a discrepancy regarding which number reported eligible.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
does this lock Detroit into the 3 seed making the Queens game meaningless? If so, quite possibly a bad break for us...

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Again, OT does nothing for Detroit but risky injury to their players. This loss doesn't affect their playoff seeding. A win would have at best given them an outside shot at the #1 seed. Might as well go for the win there.
I agree with going for two from the two yard line. It's aggressive, but I like it.

But after the penalty? What are the odds of converting 4th and goal from the 7 yard line? Can someone look up those stats?

I'd be willing to bet it's far less than 50% odds of making it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh if only I was king for a day in the NFL... I would:

:helmet: Hire a 2024 "class" of refs that would be full time employees of the NFL. Their first season would be 2026 and the "class" would include a much larger group than what I would need to fill out a full set of refs for the league. This gives me two full years to get these bastards up to speed. That process would include VR and quick video judgments with precedence put on recognition skills in real time, and trimming the shitters as you go forward to 2026.

:helmet: Get rid of the NY hotline. Refs would be stand alone bosses for their games like fucking captains at sea.

:helmet: Get rid of replays as we know them and challenges. Refs would have a replay ipad juiced with all the vid angles if they choose to refer to it at any point. They would also be able to signal commercial to cover their six on something that is particularly vexing.

:helmet: Because coaches are whiny bitches the refs would have the power and would be told to boot those fuckers from games when they get too froggy as this system gets implemented.

:helmet: Teams would be told that yes fans are going to cry but over time this should work once we build a stable set of refs. And the bottom feeding 20% shitter refs would be fired every season. This ensures the next class coming in fills those jobs and competition ensues among the refs to achieve accuracy and speed of the game.

:helmet: Priority in postgame ref grading would be placed mostly on accuracy of calls but also on how many stoppages they required to do their fucking job. Speed of the game and impacting the crowd as little as possible through interruptions to unfuck themselves is the goal too.

I would of course be fired shortly thereafter. I mean it was only for a day. But maybe it would give them something to think about. Someone has to take a stand among all these sports being fucking ruined by replay and chasing of perfection. Some errors should be accepted for the good of the product.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
omg he talked about it before the game, that's even worse.
Yep, I was watching a news conference about that. He explained the whole thing to the refs before the game. That turns a really bad call into being horrific.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Man I am seriously fighting these conspiracy theories about the NFL and controlling the game.

This does not help.

Jimmy Jones night is Mrs Swadudes thought and now I can not disagree.

Along I think the NFL wants a Rams/Ravens Super Bowl.

Which I can not disagree.

The replays are pretty damning.

How in the hell does 70 declare clearly with the ref walking away and not looking at him.

Damn egregious.
And on top of that I believe no 70 is a guard. Which means he would not have been eligible in any event, because he was covered by a tackle and another wide receiver..

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I agree with going for two from the two yard line. It's aggressive, but I like it.

But after the penalty? What are the odds of converting 4th and goal from the 7 yard line? Can someone look up those stats?

I'd be willing to bet it's far less than 50% odds of making it.
Don't know the odds but sense hat you are right. The best chance for winning at that point was to do it in OT. I realize not a lot on the line but no one likes to lose ... especially players. It probably won't affect their seed, I don't know what will happen but sometimes take the point. Fight it out in OT.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I would of course be fired shortly thereafter. I mean it was only for a day. But maybe it would give them something to think about. Someone has to take a stand among all these sports being fucking ruined by replay and chasing of perfection. Some errors should be accepted for the good of the product.

You should become dictator for life and do this. Add PPV executions of the bottom 5% of refs.

Also, when you do, you have to make sure that no more than 50 miles of interstate highway separates one Buc-ees from the next. Oh, and require them to bring back the maple fudge too.

If you're gonna do it, you should do it right and make sure you cover the important things.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
does this lock Detroit into the 3 seed making the Queens game meaningless? If so, quite possibly a bad break for us...
That sucks. I wonder what went through Campbrll’s head. The Lions were still battling for homefield advantage weren’t they? Would they take the next two games off? This sucks. I was skeptical of coach kneecaps when he was hired. Then I came around to really respecting the job that he was doing. Now I’m back to leaning toward thinking that there is a bit of buffoon in him again.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am not talking about a general question to a ref such as "did you screw up that call?"

I am talking about specific questions to add clarity.

"Who reported as eligible?" "Is it possible you wrote down the wrong number?" etc.

Then you can have repercussions based on their explanations.

Sometimes you might also find ways to improve the process. You might require the refs to have A Mic on such as on the coin flip to hear the call. Then you could review the tape if their was a discrepancy regarding which number reported eligible.

The ref told reporters that decker didn't report as eligible.