Sam Sloman Appreciation Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Blankenship just missed a 41 yarder. Second miss of season.
Yeah but you know what really bugs me about that last miss by Sloman is the lack of energy on the ball. I get that there was wind, but that ball looked like it barely made it to the endzone. His ball on the short field goals goes up and through with good energy but that long one today ugh.

That plus the short kickoffs... It may be be enough for me to pull the plug and sign H10 to replace him. I would be thinking hard about that right now if I'm McVay. And I'd probably have Bonamego's ass in my office this week too tbh.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

All this whining about a kicker that only missed a 53 yarder into the wind? And not kicking out of the endzone into the wind?

You guys must not watch many other games around the nfl.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
1601253941181.png

hotanez

NRA Member for Life

All this whining about a kicker that only missed a 53 yarder into the wind? And not kicking out of the endzone into the wind?

You guys must not watch many other games around the nfl.

very true, I'm not upset with the rookie but with McVay for not punting the ball

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Title of this thread stinks.

How about

“I don’t know what the hell we got in Sloman but we’re stuck with him for now so let’s hope for the best thread”

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Title of this thread stinks.

How about

“I don’t know what the hell we got in Sloman but we’re stuck with him for now so let’s hope for the best thread”

Yeah, I’m not sure what would be the right karma there? But, open to ideas. lol

I see what everyone else sees. Sure, I wish he was perfect, but the miss today sort of falls in the 50/50 bucket... particularly factoring the wind.

After the miss, he went 4 for 4.

The last PAT was huge, making it 4pt game. There was pressure on that one.

So... hit 4 of 5 kicks, on the road, a little wind. 4 of 6 kickoffs were touchbacks.

I‘m not looking to lower the bar here... but that doesn’t sound like a bad road performance for a rookie.

Kickers have been way more streaky with the longer PAT. As pointed out by others... Zuerlein missed two, darn near missed a third yesterday.

You could make a change, and start over... or see how he grows. I’m still seeing enough to remain patient. If he keeps going, we have a kicker for many years.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I’m not sure what would be the right karma there? But, open to ideas. lol

I see what everyone else sees. Sure, I wish he was perfect, but the miss today sort of falls in the 50/50 bucket... particularly factoring the wind.

After the miss, he went 4 for 4.

The last PAT was huge, making it 4pt game. There was pressure on that one.

So... hit 4 of 5 kicks, on the road, a little wind. 4 of 6 kickoffs were touchbacks.

I‘m not looking to lower the bar here... but that doesn’t sound like a bad road performance for a rookie.

Kickers have been way more streaky with the longer PAT. As pointed out by others... Zuerlein missed two, darn near missed a third yesterday.

You could make a change, and start over... or see how he grows. I’m still seeing enough to remain patient. If he keeps going, we have a kicker for many years.
Yeah, agreed that my proposed wise-ass thread title wouldn’t be much of an improvement to the current title. :LOL:

Granted Sloman had a pretty good game today... his 53-yarder into the wind didn’t miss by much.

I’m really curious as to whether or not Sloman is being coached to make some of his KO’s returnable. Seems like he’s got enough leg strength to blast it into the EZ, sure wish he’d do that every time. Maybe wind was a factor today, but it sure shouldn’t be at SoFi.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I’m really curious as to whether or not Sloman is being coached to make some of his KO’s returnable. Seems like he’s got enough leg strength to blast it into the EZ, sure wish he’d do that every time. Maybe wind was a factor today, but it sure shouldn’t be at SoFi.

First kickoff was placed perfect in the corner the coverage was awful, the rest of the kickoffs were just fine and he did just miss the long FG. Still I need to see some longer kicks to get a better read, however, I'm 50/50 every time he lines up for a Field Goal.

Psycho_X

Legend
Can't judge a 50+ yard miss at Buffalo with wind. It had the distance at least but that's a tough place to kick. I thought his extra point kicks looked much improved from first two weeks. Hopefully they got whatever was causing those low straight liners fixed.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Im not comfortable with him at Kicker at all. I would be happier with Ficken again. I dont trust this kid at all.
At least Ficken could put it out of the end zone consistently,

into the wind and everything! :sneaky:

He's kicking for the Jets now.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sloman was fine today, the complaining is nuts. Blankenship doesnt even kickoff, Zuerlein missed from 54 in perfect conditions.
The bigger issue with the 53 yarder wasnt the miss, it was the 2 sacks that took the Rams after being 2nd and 4 from the 24.
When it mattered late, he drilled his XP and hit his kickoffs for touchbacks