Sam Sloman Appreciation Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
C'mon, guys. Give him at least a few games before we bring out the crucifixes.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sloman's kicks have authority to them, they don't fuck around it's straight up and through.

This is something to watch... because you’re right... those balls were straight as an arrow... and end over end.

When he kicks, you hear the powerful THUMP as he drives the ball.

... and I noticed those short kickoffs too, but the last one went out the back. He’s got plenty of leg.

I liked what I saw. I keep saying I like his swing because I have no other way to describe what looks like a nice compact low-variable kicking style.

He looks like an NFL quality kicker to me.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Let me be the first one on these boards to wish Sam Sloman, aka the Kosher Cannon, a "Shana Tova." Loosely translated as "Happy New Year," Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year, begins Friday Evening at Sundown.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the other two rookie PKs also had their issues week 1. Blankenship missed a 30 yard while making two 30+ kicks. Same as sloman.
Bass was 2-4 from 30-39. Although one of those misses was actually good - refs goofed. Still, it wasn’t a good kick.
Yeah I had caught some of that game with Blankenship's miss. It's funny how he was unilaterally listed above Sloman before the draft but he went UDFA and watching those two guys I would take Sloman no question. I think the Rams took the right kicker, and I wouldn't have said that before the draft about Sloman.

And that's with the understanding that kickers are fuckin weirdos and there's never any telling. :beer2::biggrin:

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I was going to post a thread about cutting that loser. Imagine missing a 29 yarder, when you are a professional? He shouldn't have won the job in the first place. Not happy with him at all. Oh, and he can't even kick the ball into the end zone on kickoffs? Seriously?
Oh, and he can't even kick the ball into the end zone on kickoffs? Seriously?

Strangely his bio speaks about his significant improvement at EZ kicks during his 3 years in college....maybe it was the strong wind Sunday :zany:

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
So in two games, he's only made a few chip shots and extra points. But he can't kick it into the endzone on kickoffs.

He has had a blocked XP because of his low trajectory, and missed an easy FG because of his "nerves".

I have news for you. If he can't handle the pressure of kicking a single FG, then how the hell will he handle it when the game is on the line?

Cut this guy now, before he costs us a game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So in two games, he's only made a few chip shots and extra points. But he can't kick it into the endzone on kickoffs.

He has had a blocked XP because of his low trajectory, and missed an easy FG because of his "nerves".

I have news for you. If he can't handle the pressure of kicking a single FG, then how the hell will he handle it when the game is on the line?

Cut this guy now, before he costs us a game.

I'll trust the coaches.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm a little fuckin annoyed with his kickoffs, I'll admit.

But when you spend all camp choosing a winner of a 3 man competition is it wise to cut bait two games into the season? It's not like this guy has had a meltdown or anything. I think that would cast doubt on the wisdom of the entire operation.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I get annoyed by those fruity little high steps he makes before kickoffs. (anyone else notice that?)

Jury is still out on him IMHO, hope he comes through on some longer ones, and in the clutch.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I'm reserving judgment on him. It's gotta be a tough act to follow Greg. Give him some time but I'm not impressed by his leg strength yet.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
I'm already dreaming of the Rams drafting Jose Borregales next year..

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
I am sticking with being concerned only when a kick he misses costs us a game.

He might be extremely accurate on FGs but once in a while has a kicked blocked. Overall he will be asset.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Was I annoyed with him missing an XP? Sure. Am I ready to hang him for it? No. We'll know more about what we have when it comes down to a game-winning kick or 2. But boy am I super jealous of KC's kicker. I have never seen anyone that clutch in that many attempts from that distance. But this is our team and I'm sticking with them.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
So at least Sloman won't cost us the game, but he's certainly not helping. The kid has no confidence, and he looks like he's about to cry. Damaged goods.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Not at the end - but that missed FG at start was a gut punch to a good start of game by team

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not impressed so far that's for sure. He hits the easy ones with authority for the most part but that long kick was flaccid and to the left.