Sam Rogers placed on waivers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Look, chances are he probably needed to take steroids to make the team, working out hard (and "want to") was not gonna be enough and the honest - truly honest - answer is that even with steroids, he may not have bulked up enough to still make the team.
So let's just assassinate the guys character on the way out of the door. :D

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So let's just assassinate the guys character on the way out of the door. :D

If I was a betting man, that's where I'd place my money (and soon, it'll be that much easier to do).

The only other reason why I imagine he was waived was an undisclosed injury settlement at this point.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I liked the idea of having a stud fullback that can catch passes out of the backfield, but Rogers looked awfully slow last year. Best of luck to him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I wasn't convinced of his fit on this team .

But as always; I wish him well and hopefully a shot elsewhere .

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
FBs are an endangered species in the NFL.

I think Malcom Brown can be a little bit of a hybrid. He is more athletic than Rogers & can play both positions if called upon. He is also a better special teams guy.

Sam Rogers was a hard working guy, who stayed after practice. He is slow of foot , and not as big & strong as Brown.

Ants

Starter
I think Malcom Brown can be a little bit of a hybrid. He is more athletic than Rogers & can play both positions if called upon.

THIS^^^ is what I was thinking. No sense in keeping Rogers around when Brown can likely fill that roll and his usual roll.
It saves us a roster spot for somebody else.