Saints luckiest team I've ever seen

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
As fans we tend to see things with our emotions. Personally, I don't have a horse in that race. I never expected the Rams to get top seed. I just want them to concentrate on a first round bye and some much needed rest for guys like Gurley. I'm not a Steelers fan and I normally would root for the Saints in any other situation.

What I saw on that play was normal type contact that refs don't call. Especially when it decides a game of that magnitude. The contact went both ways. I would say that was a very bad call.

Like I said, I really wasn't focused on wanting the Saints to lose. If they did they likely would win next week. Rams were not getting top seed. I hate it when the refs are the deciding factor. Its almost like the refs think people come to see them.

El caliente

Rookie
Name
Andrew
As fans we tend to see things with our emotions. Personally, I don't have a horse in that race. I never expected the Rams to get top seed. I just want them to concentrate on a first round bye and some much needed rest for guys like Gurley. I'm not a Steelers fan and I normally would root for the Saints in any other situation.

What I saw on that play was normal type contact that refs don't call. Especially when it decides a game of that magnitude. The contact went both ways. I would say that was a very bad call.

Like I said, I really wasn't focused on wanting the Saints to lose. If they did they likely would win next week. Rams were not getting top seed. I hate it when the refs are the deciding factor. Its almost like the refs think people come to see them.

Yesterday the break went the Saints way (though looking at the penalty difference it’s hard to argue that), but they normally don’t.

I agree with you about the refs, and I think everyone from Goodell down to the janitor need to keep an eye on how that’s impacting viewership.

https://247sports.com/nfl/tennessee...ed-about-officiating-than-protests-109132593/

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
freak Michael Thomas (not ours, the Saints). Not only does he push off again and again with no calls against him, but he had the unoriginal idea of using the freaking cell-phone-hidden-under-the-goalpost celebration, which seriously ticked me off.

I hope we freaking knock them silly if we play them again.
Yeah, would love to see Talib make that hit on him.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
The Saints got no favors from the refs. They were penalized 9 times for 93 yards, and the Steelers were penalized 6 times for 79 yards.

The PI you are upset about was a PI. There is no way around that.
First off, it is when the flags are thrown. Second, if that was PI, then so was the one on Reynolds last week along with many others. It is the type of play we always hear let them play. A DB has no recourse but to hold when a receiver pushes off. Especially when the receiver runs right at the defender and makes the contact in order to push off. It was a chickin shit call that I wish our receivers could get once in a while.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
upload_2018-12-24_7-59-16.png

This was the third down play before the Rams punted down 38-35 to the Saints. Tell me how the refs can miss such a blatant facemask? Now the Rams may not have won the game but the ball close to midfield with a first down is better than punting.

El caliente

Rookie
Name
Andrew
View attachment 27543

This was the third down play before the Rams punted down 38-35 to the Saints. Tell me how the refs can miss such a blatant facemask? Now the Rams may not have won the game but the ball close to midfield with a first down is better than punting.
I hear you. In our Dallas game Jaylen Smith hit Kamara helmet to helmet, and that would have extended the 4th quarter drive, but Kamara went down before the sticks, and the Cowboys got the ball back. It happens. The refs aren’t perfect, but the Haden MT PI was in fact PI.

El caliente

Rookie
Name
Andrew
First off, it is when the flags are thrown. Second, if that was PI, then so was the one on Reynolds last week along with many others. It is the type of play we always hear let them play. A DB has no recourse but to hold when a receiver pushes off. Especially when the receiver runs right at the defender and makes the contact in order to push off. It was a chickin crap call that I wish our receivers could get once in a while.
Maybe that is something the coaches could work on with the receivers during the bye. That is a move in every wide receivers toolbag, I guess it’s a counter to the Seahawks dbs grabbing nature that has receivers going with this move.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I don’t know or care what other people say about the MT pass interference, it was an interference. You can watch it a 1,000 times and you will call PI on that 1,000 times.

The one thing I thought they would have called there would have been a tipped ball, because it looked like a tipped pass. At the end of the day though that was a PI.
LOL... What was the interference exactly? Thomas jumped straight up. The ball was overthrown. You got a gift, please just admit that.

El caliente

Rookie
Name
Andrew
LOL... What was the interference exactly? Thomas jumped straight up. The ball was overthrown. You got a gift, please just admit that.
You are thinking about Alvin Kamara’s PI (not Michae Thomas’), and I already said that I didn’t think that was a PI.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I would agree it seems like the Saints have had things go their way a lot. But they're at 13 wins. You don't get there just on luck. They're a good team and they play at home better than anyone and that includes Seattle. When it comes to teams who seem to get breaks during the season, that kinda stuff usually evens out in the playoffs.

I wanted home field advantage for obvious reason. But also not so much that the Rams play better at home. The Saints play much better at home than the road. I honestly think road games and home games for the Rams are tossups. I also think playing that game in New Orleans this season gives the Rams a better perspective on what to expect the next time should they meet again.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I’ll say this.

The last 2 games the Saints have looked very, very beatable.

Now, the Rams have lost 2 of their last 3, it’s true, but the Rams appear to have corrected several problems as evidenced by that lopsided Card win.

All I’m saying is that I suspect that the Saints would prefer to face any other NFC playoff team rather than the Rams.

As an aside, I like the winner of a hypothetical Ram-Saint game to win the SB.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Maybe that is something the coaches could work on with the receivers during the bye. That is a move in every wide receivers toolbag, I guess it’s a counter to the Seahawks dbs grabbing nature that has receivers going with this move.
Sort of chicken or the egg, but the point is it is allowed more often than not. The thing is, the DB is allowed to the space he is in, by rule. If the receiver initiates contact, what is the DB to do. Ref should allow DB to compensate for the tactic if they aren't going to call offensive PI.

Name
Victor
I thought we were. If not, okay.

“Can the Saints beat the Rams twice in the same season, with Talib, Ginn, and Davenport now playing?

yeah let's count the pre season games where teams plays their 3rd stringers . makes a lot of sense .

Name
Victor
it really hurts me to say this but I think the saints ARE a better team OVERALL then my rams. Simply because they have a MUCH better defense . Both offenses are about the same level ( I think gurley and now anderson are better then kamara / ingram , I like our TEs better and I like our Wrs TRIO better , although thomas alone is pretty good , but I prefere brees and their o line against goff and our o line ) but tthe thing is their defense is CONSIDERABLY better than ours , even though we have AD , their unit overrall is JUST BETTER . And also , they do have a REAL HFA , when playing in that dome . In the last drive gains pitt , ben couldn't hear the mic because of so much noise , they had to take a TO . Then , after a while it was a false start , and then delay of game . They make so much damn noise that it disrupts the opponent's offense in crucial situations . So having a better defense and TRUE HFA will make it nearly impossible to beat them . If we were playing in LA , although not true HFA , we wouldn't be disrupted by noise when goff was driving down field and then I would like our chances , I could say 50-50 . But there ? I would say 70-30 saints or even 80-20 . It is not impossible , by no means , just damn hard .