Saints luckiest team I've ever seen

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Obvious, gross, disgustingly bad call.

@El caliente dude nobody is saying your team isnt good... but thats the worst call I have seen this year.

You dont need to waste your time trying to convince us that we didn't see what we plainly saw.

Sad thing is, if y'all keep getting these kinds of calls it will tarnish the perspective on the very good season the Saints have had.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t know or care what other people say about the MT pass interference, it was an interference. You can watch it a 1,000 times and you will call PI on that 1,000 times.

The one thing I thought they would have called there would have been a tipped ball, because it looked like a tipped pass. At the end of the day though that was a PI.

That wasn't DPI. Thomas threw a two-handed shove as he encountered Haden. Haden grabbed him when he got shoved. Haden let him go. Thomas made his break. Haden undercut the route and knocked it away. If you're going to let Thomas play that way, you have to let the DBs be physical when Thomas engages. Haden did exactly what you're taught. He got physical, let go before Thomas made his break, and played the ball.

If anyone deserved a flag, it was Michael Thomas. I hate that bullshit style of play. They used to let Dez Bryant do the same thing. It's ridiculous what WRs are allowed to do when they're calling DBs for minimal contact. I can watch that play 1000 times and tell you it's not PI 1000 times. I wish I had a video of it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Obvious, gross, disgustingly bad call.

@El caliente dude nobody is saying your team isnt good... but thats the worst call I have seen this year.

You dont need to waste your time trying to convince us that we didn't see what we plainly saw.

Sad thing is, if y'all keep getting these kinds of calls it will tarnish the perspective on the very good season the Saints have had.

Yep, the calls were so bad that Joe Haden called them out of the game:
https://triblive.com/sports/steeler...s-leave-steelers-haden-upset-with-officiating

He made the same point I did. You can't let Michael Thomas keep pushing off while forcing DBs to play with their arms tied behind their backs.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Is that the pass interference play people are crying about? I thought we were talking about Michael Thomas, not Kamara.

Nobody here is crying about any of them. We aren't the fans of the team that really got screwed because of The Drew Brees Story.

Both plays were bad calls. The highlight posted above was the worst and the one I called the worst of the season... but I might take that back. The other one was worse because while it was less egregious, the implications were massive. That kind of call there is devastating.

Seriously, our last game ended with our WR being actually bear hugged for a solid 2 count. No call.
We got screwed out of what should have tied the game. It was a non call that should have been called.
To see this play out 1 week later in the inverse, with a blatant Offensive PI to boot, it's hard to sugar coat it or chalk it up as good teams have good luck.

All that said, I really like Drew and hope to see him orchestrate a great swan song.... but preferably without the league pushing The Drew Brees Story at nearly a 2001 Patriots level.

I hope thats not the case, for this fanbase and yours.

El caliente

Rookie
Name
Andrew
The Kamara PI was a joke, but Haden is retarded if he thinks that the MT 4th down drive wasn’t a PI. Dude is just in shell shock. He got got.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Kamara PI was a joke, but Haden is retarded if he thinks that the MT 4th down drive wasn’t a PI. Dude is just in shell shock. He got got.

Haden knows exactly what he's talking about. He beat Thomas fair and square.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It's sickening how wrs are allowed to push off or throw dbs out the way with no repercussions. Even Robert woods did that today.

H.Birdman

UDFA
Name
Harvey
Not to mention, that wasn't a catchable ball. Not supposed to throw flag when the ball is 10 feet over the guy's head.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fair and square until he held his arm. But yeah, totally fair and square until that point.

He held his arm when Thomas threw a two-handed shove. It was all around five yards. That makes it legal. He let Thomas go, Thomas made his cut, and Haden knocked it away. Even Ryan Shazier was calling out the bullshit on Twitter.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The Saints got no favors from the refs. They were penalized 9 times for 93 yards, and the Steelers were penalized 6 times for 79 yards.

The PI you are upset about was a PI. There is no way around that.

Michale Thomas, catches the ball, takes two steps and gets separated from the ball. They call it incomplete. Saints end up scoring a TD.

In the 4th quarter on a crucial play, receiver catches the ball on the sideline. First foot comes down inbounds but then slides out of bounds. Second foot drags in bounds afterwards. Called a catch.

TJ Watt needed a New Jersey. His was close to ripped to shreds.

And the first PI call that led a a Saints TD was completely bogus.

El caliente

Rookie
Name
Andrew
We play larger market team and lose. It's a big uproar on how great the team played, exposed the Saints, and nothing else.

We play larger market teams and win. It's all about excuses and officiating.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
We play larger market team and lose. It's a big uproar on how great the team played, exposed the Saints, and nothing else.

We play larger market teams and win. It's all about excuses and officiating.

The saints area a top notch team this season for sure. Top notch teams are even harder to beat if the refs give them favorable calls. Officiating this season is as bad as I've ever seen. You may agree to disagree but there was some home cooking going on today.

The one that bugs me is the "after review, the play stands". So many times that just means a bad call isn't reversed because there wasn't conclusive evidence, even if looking at the play indicates that the call was wrong. If there's going to be replay on the in bounds or out of bounds, then look at the entire play.

I hate seeing a receiver get open by blatantly pushing off and then we only look at whether the feet were in bounds or not.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I have no doubt we're going to NO and going to beat them.

None whatsoever.

Have some work to do over the next few weeks until then...
Well we have to win at least one game to go there....but ya, I think we can beat teh Saint in New Orleans....or lose by 24. But, we are the better team

El caliente

Rookie
Name
Andrew
Well we have to win at least one game to go there....but ya, I think we can beat teh Saint in New Orleans....or lose by 24. But, we are the better team
It’s wild. In 2009 the talking heads and the fans said that the Vikings were the better team. Then things came to the Thunderdome.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think Rams vs Saints would be an awesome NFC Championship.

I wish we had home field advantage, but I’m sensing a huge revenge game shaping up and the Rams will be juiced for that.

If we see that matchup, because of our loss to them earlier; advantage Rams

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
As far as the pass interference call on Michael Thomas, it looked like a bad call to me.

Saints got lucky.

El caliente

Rookie
Name
Andrew
As far as the pass interference call on Michael Thomas, it looked like a bad call to me.

Saints got lucky.

Fair enough. Teams get lucky all the time. If yesterday was Karma getting us back for the Panthers, Dallas, and Tamp games, I’m fine with it. Let Karma rain down.

As for seeing the Rams in the Thunderdome again, I think that’s the matchup that the entire NFL wants to see. Can the Saints beat the Rams for the 3rd time this season? Can the Rams beat the Saints on the road, to get to the Super Bowl? How big an impact with Talib, Ginn, and Davenport have on this game when all of them were missing from the earlier matchup?

It’s wxciting.