Roster Cuts Around the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
Let's hope nothing happens to our current roster to make us have to look at 19. EJ will have to ball out this year if he wants to get paid by us or another team. His knee will either hold up or it won't so let's hope he plays so hard it could fall off but doesn't. McVay won't let Bennett beat ourselves if he does have to play and he will be fine as our qb 2/3 for the year. Go Rams!

Tano

Legend
Let's hope nothing happens to our current roster to make us have to look at 19. EJ will have to ball out this year if he wants to get paid by us or another team. His knee will either hold up or it won't so let's hope he plays so hard it could fall off but doesn't. McVay won't let Bennett beat ourselves if he does have to play and he will be fine as our qb 2/3 for the year. Go Rams!
Well... this didn't last long.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Pats released Bailey Zappe. He would be a pretty decent backup until Jimmy G returns.
His entire window of NFL prep has been under the EP system. So to bring him in requires teaching him the WCO terminology which is terribly inefficient (compared to EP). No way that makes sense or is something they can do on a short turnaround, with an eye to improving the QB2 role for the first two games.

Translation is Zappe is unlikely. If they do add a QB2 it has to be someone proficient with WCO terminology. There is no time to teach him that.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
His entire window of NFL prep has been under the EP system. So to bring him in requires teaching him the WCO terminology which is terribly inefficient (compared to EP). No way that makes sense or is something they can do on a short turnaround, with an eye to improving the QB2 role for the first two games.

Translation is Zappe is unlikely. If they do add a QB2 it has to be someone proficient with WCO terminology. There is no time to teach him that.

I'd take arm talent and experience, and Zappe has that in spades over Bennett.

...I just feel terrible about going into this season with Bennett and Garoppolo as our backup quarterbacks.

Tano

Legend
I'd take arm talent and experience, and Zappe has that in spades over Bennett.

...I just feel terrible about going into this season with Bennett and Garoppolo as our backup quarterbacks.
Crapola I could tolerate.

Bennett - not ready in the slightest

Memento

Name
Jemma
Crapola I could tolerate.

Bennett - not ready in the slightest

G-String will always have that Whiner stench on him. I never liked the Bennett pick from the start.

For the love of holy fate in heaven, hell, and purgatory, I hope we have a plan next season if Stafford retires.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'd take Mike White over Zappe

And Bennett

Memento

Name
Jemma
Adding onto the wish-list (since Holker made the Aints, fuck them up the ass without lube), Michael Pratt (QB, Packers), Joshua Cephus (WR, Jaguars), Max Tooley (ILB, Texans), and a better tight end than Hunter Long (uh...most tight ends in the league) would be my top targets for the active roster (or practice squad in Cephus' case).

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
G-String will always have that Whiner stench on him. I never liked the Bennett pick from the start.

For the love of holy fate in heaven, hell, and purgatory, I hope we have a plan next season if Stafford retires.
Garapolo is a better option than what the Rams had in John ‘Head first’ Wolford and Perkins.

Bennett? I think is about the same level as Wolford and Perkins. I was hoping the Rams would pick up Pratt in the draft.

I am on the Mike White bandwagon to replace Bennett. He’s a proven backup who can win some games. I really wanted your guy Howell from the Commodes. I couldn’t believe the Rams didn’t offer a bit more in trade.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
One player that I would like the Rams to possibly claim is OLT Josh Ball from the Cowboys. They’d be familiar with him from joint practices. He was very good in camp. They have a need with Aleric Jackson’s suspension. If they like him then maybe they get him in the PS once Jackson is back.

However, I doubt he reaches the Rams on the waiver wire.