Roster Cuts Around the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd like to acquire a better QB then Bennett myself. We are screwed if he has to actually get snaps in first 2 weeks. That said, I have nobody in mind. All the solid 3rd string QB's are going to make their teams.
Desmond Ridder haha

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Dallin Holker (TE, Saints) is on my wish list. Gotta be better than Long, right?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
ILB?
I get what you're saying, btw.. but I feel like, in previous years, we were often surprised by a claim. Didn't happen last year and it felt quiet around the league, if I remember correctly.

Rams claimed no players and had no players claimed in 22.. or 23.

So, maybe it's just an evaluation thing.. Rams find what they need in the offseason, because the new rules took effect last season.
I doubt any inside linebackers get released that would be an upgrade over what they already have. Most of these pickups end up being for depth

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I doubt any inside linebackers get released that would be an upgrade over what they already have. Most of these pickups end up being for depth
Most likely. But you were asking where they could possibly find upgrades. LB and Corner were the only spots I think they could. I mean that as a compliment of the roster, not a critique of those positions. Those are the weakest position groups on what is, imo, a very strong roster.
If it turns out that Noteboom and McClendon can hold down the fort successfully? Boy.. we'll be talking about a really, really deep roster, imo.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Most likely. But you were asking where they could possibly find upgrades. LB and Corner were the only spots I think they could. I mean that as a compliment of the roster, not a critique of those positions. Those are the weakest position groups on what is, imo, a very strong roster.
If it turns out that Noteboom and McClendon can hold down the fort successfully? Boy.. we'll be talking about a really, really deep roster, imo.
Yes, but isn’t that the entire point? The Rams are too far down the waiver claim list and don’t have very significant weaknesses on the roster. This isn’t the Jeff Fisher Rams.

I’ll be surprised if the claim anyone.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

View: https://x.com/SNYtv/status/1828435711965503683?s=19

Another young CB. Just throwing it out there.

Overall I like our team in alot of different ways, definetly not perfect and could always be improved. But I know one thing for sure it's got better depth and I feel more comfortable with it than when Jeff Fisher, Brian Shittinheimer, or ol' Spagnoli were in charge lol

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yes, but isn’t that the entire point? The Rams are too far down the waiver claim list and don’t have very significant weaknesses on the roster. This isn’t the Jeff Fisher Rams.

I’ll be surprised if the claim anyone.
I don't know what you mean.

As I pointed out.. they haven't picked anyone up last couple of years.

I think with the expanded PS squad and rules that help teams retain players.. it's just easier to develop depth than take a shot on a guy who you may actually think is more talented, but would take longer to get up to speed.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I think with the expanded PS squad and rules that help teams retain players.. it's just easier to develop depth than take a shot on a guy who you may actually think is more talented, but would take longer to get up to speed.
I mean, with this roster and picking 19th on the waiver claim, it is highly unlikely that the Rams find anyone available from today’s cuts, that will upgrade the roster.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

If anything, other teams with lesser rosters will be more likely to be signing players that the Rams release

WestCoastRam

Legend
Any pickup we make (I'm looking at CB right now) has to be better than the depth we currently have AND be good enough to outweigh the time spent on task (and learning the scheme) for our guys in OTAs, training camp, etc...

I don't think it's out of the possibility for us to get a pickup at CB but I'm guessing they're going with the UDFA rookies right now at 4th corner.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He’s got the hands of a garage door.

If you can’t succeed with Mahomes throwing you the ball, how good are you, really?
Perceived high ceiling but in reality his floor is in the basement. Fish would have been all over that dude. :laugh4:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd like to acquire a better QB then Bennett myself. We are screwed if he has to actually get snaps in first 2 weeks. That said, I have nobody in mind. All the solid 3rd string QB's are going to make their teams.
The emergency qb rule requiring being on the 53 sure seems to point in that direction.
Still I’m curious to see who’s available after week 1, when vested vets salaries aren’t guaranteed

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He’s got the hands of a garage door.

If you can’t succeed with Mahomes throwing you the ball, how good are you, really?
Hands of a garage door, brains of a Ryan Leaf doesn’t seem to make for a very attractive add