Roster Cuts Around the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
With all the roster cuts coming, and I do like our roster currently.

Just curious if anyone had any wish list guys they think could be good or help put our squad?

I'll start with Deion Jones, LB, hasn't made pro bowl since 2017 but is a true LB who has started 48 of 49 games. Think he wouldn't be bad on our Defense and could add some veteran presence

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I’d rather stay young and fresh at LB, myself. It does seem like the biggest potential hole on the D though (again)

TheTackle

Pro Bowler

Just curious if anyone had any wish list guys they think could be good or help put our squad?

I'll start with Deion Jones, LB, hasn't made pro bowl since 2017 but is a true LB who has started 48 of 49 games. Think he wouldn't be bad on our Defense and could add some veteran presence
He has declined and it’s a long time since he played at that level.

I fully expect E Jones and the team to reconcile. It’s best for all parties. If so, I would roll with the players tagged for the 53 and look to sign someone to the PS

Memphis Ram

Legend

Isaac was on the bubble, even after putting together an impressive preseason. He finished with a coverage grade of 91.2 according to PFF, and seemed to be a rising star against all odds. Last year he was among Tampa Bay's class of UDFAs who made an impact, and although he was waived part way through the season he impressed coaches enough to be kept around and then showcased again this year.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Deion Jones played a lot of good football in Atlanta but he has been with four teams in four years (Falcons, Browns, Panthers and Bills). He has only started eight games over the past two seasons, and will turn thirty in a couple month. Heck, Buffalo lost Matt Milano a few weeks ago; and, still did not have a roster spot for Jones.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
it’s one thing to wish, but trying to predict a match for the Rams, who put a high value on character fit for their roster is very difficult to do.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I feel like we were all hoping for some claims last year but they didn't end up with jack shit?

I think the new PS rules really changed the game on that front.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I feel like we were all hoping for some claims last year but they didn't end up with jack shit?

I think the new PS rules really changed the game on that front.
I’ll say it here too. Are the Rams really that deficient in any area that they will drop a player and sign another teams reject?

What position would that be? At most I’d guess it would be depth, which the Rams seem to be pretty good in atm

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I’ll say it here too. Are the Rams really that deficient in any area that they will drop a player and sign another teams reject?

What position would that be? At most I’d guess it would be depth, which the Rams seem to be pretty good in atm
ILB?
I get what you're saying, btw.. but I feel like, in previous years, we were often surprised by a claim. Didn't happen last year and it felt quiet around the league, if I remember correctly.

Rams claimed no players and had no players claimed in 22.. or 23.

So, maybe it's just an evaluation thing.. Rams find what they need in the offseason, because the new rules took effect last season.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'd like to acquire a better QB then Bennett myself. We are screwed if he has to actually get snaps in first 2 weeks. That said, I have nobody in mind. All the solid 3rd string QB's are going to make their teams.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I'd like to acquire a better QB then Bennett myself. We are screwed if he has to actually get snaps in first 2 weeks. That said, I have nobody in mind. All the solid 3rd string QB's are going to make their teams.
Even if one were to shake loose what would be the chances of him picking up the offense and being ready to play week one? Bennett seems to be our best/only option at this point.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Even if one were to shake loose what would be the chances of him picking up the offense and being ready to play week one? Bennett seems to be our best/only option at this point.
Thats likely correct. Lets just all pray we don't see Bennett taking snaps.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler

Isaac was on the bubble, even after putting together an impressive preseason. He finished with a coverage grade of 91.2 according to PFF, and seemed to be a rising star against all odds. Last year he was among Tampa Bay's class of UDFAs who made an impact, and although he was waived part way through the season he impressed coaches enough to be kept around and then showcased again this year.
Let’s hope so, as he looks like an excellent suggestion. Sign him to the 53, as all of our young players should make the practice squad without being claimed. The same for Hunter Long if we need space - waste of space :)

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
My top priority is a young CB. I don't feel great about our corners. There is talent, there is some fit there. But one of them is coming off injury (White), and another got injured (Williams), and the remaining options are the same old options.

Of those old options I do like Durant's raw cover ability but I am afraid he'll never be a good tackler. I'd love to be wrong. Tomlinson can also add raw cover ability but he's a fuckin idiot. Now maybe Lake helps us out in the slot which reduces the load on these guys, and that would be nice. But I'd still be looking hard for a corner.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Caleb Farley got cut, he's a young CB
Someone say CB???
ff0c42fa51f32b5eb80eccc45541bba6.gif

Last edited: