ROD mock draft in 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Here's an open offer, I'm willing Pay a high price to move up into the 2nd round, anyone, PM me! Even @PressureD41! Maybe we can work a deal for both of your Picks!! ( Picks Plus LB Nigel Bradham!) Anyone? Lets talk trade!!

Ohh trying to pull a fast one while I was sleeping, now thats sneaky. Sneaky I tell ya!!!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I know you guys are having a bit of a grumble about the speed of this draft, but when all things are considered, this one is moving along really nicely. Ok, so its not real time, but thats NEVER going to happen with the Global reach of ROD, the only way you can do that if we're all in the same place at the same time. Which I doubt will ever happen. I bet in the "real" draft, there are GMs that are moaning about other GMs taking far too long for they picks also, we all want to do our picks, NOW. Lets stop using up all the hot air and focus on our remaining picks guys and enjoy it!

Take the Zen approach and enjoy the scenery along the way, because if you're too busy looking at your final destination you'll miss the beauty of the journey, which in its own way is truly magical.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
@JRobinson
28. Kansas City Chiefs
2015 record: 11-5 (.496)
Top need: Outside linebacker
Other needs: Quarterback, wide receiver, defensive line
Top prospects at positional needs: OLB: Myles Jack (UCLA), Jaylon Smith (Notre Dame), Leonard Floyd (Georgia); QB: Jared Goff (Cal), Paxton Lynch (Memphis), Carson Wentz (North Dakota State); WR: Laquon Treadwell (Ole Miss), Will Fuller (Notre Dame), Corey Coleman (Baylor); DL: DeForest Buckner (Oregon), Joey Bosa (Ohio State), Andrew Billings (Baylor).
Analysis: While the Chiefs re-signed Tamba Hali, he isn't the future at that position and the Chiefs will be on the lookout for the perfect fit at that spot. The defensive line could use another high-end player and the loss of Chase Daniel as the backup could be addressed with a QB who might be groomed for the future.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Here's an open offer, I'm willing Pay a high price to move up into the 2nd round, anyone, PM me! Even @PressureD41! Maybe we can work a deal for both of your Picks!! ( Picks Plus LB Nigel Bradham!) Anyone? Lets talk trade!!

All this waiting, not sure I'm willing to do another trade " just out of spite" cause that means "more" waiting on my end lmao... I was at the Kings @ Canucks game and I even checked in during intermission. Now one could say @PressureD41 clearly didn't go w/ his hot wife to distract him from checking in or it says something about his buddy he took

Alan

Legend
Gandalf with some possibilities:
Find a couple of new posters who want to play and make them alternates.
If a player misses his turn and doesn't show up for 3 missed slots, give the team to the alternate and let him take over, If there are no new players available give the team to an existing player, but disallow trades between his teams. A player misses, next guy picks, he misses again, next guy picks, he misses, new guy takes over and makes selection.
Easier said than done.
Again, I'd already thought of this but It's a good, not great, option. As long as it's limited to one or two GMs with double duty as there are other problems besides just trades. Especially if you're targeting the same player. If I know my other team is going to draft a player I might try and trade up to grab him first. Fraught with bad possibilities but better than a kick in the head.

Again, you're punishing the new owner. A nonstarter for me. We need a solution that doesn't involve a team missing there turn in line.
I think your second option has merit and barring someone coming up with a better solution, one the Dungeon Master in next year's mock should adopt.

Alan

Legend
hotanez with this:
He is going to leave us after this and the thing he is going to remember most is how we acted in this draft.
I for one would like to say thank you Alan and I'm having a good time. I hope you decide to stay but I understand your reasons if you leave us. Thank you brother for everything
Thank you very much for the kind words but you're wrong about that. Nothing that happens in this thread will effect my opinion of anyone on this board or of the ROD itself. I'm doing this mock because I'd like to make a small payback for all the pleasure the ROD, the ROD owners, the ROD mods and most importantly, the ROD members have given me during my time here. I didn't think I'd be posting again after The Huddle melt down and the ROD has been my haven. It's not the fault of anyone here that the NFL has ripped out my heart. Again. For the last time. I'm doing this for you guys. As I said earlier though, the rules and procedures for this mock are probably not going to change barring someone discovering a miracle cure. We're mostly discussing improvements for next year.

On a different but related note, I might be posting in other forums at the ROD. "Song of the Day" for sure and I'll be checking out other forums to see if I have anything to add to a conversation. I'm just not going to post in the Rams forum. I will no longer watch the NFL. I'll still be watching the Missouri Tigers though.

Alan

Legend
OC--LeftCoast with this:
He's a good member and I'm sure there's an explanation but to wait another 12 hrs?
I have talked with him since I made his first round pick and he's experiencing some difficulties that might not have been resolved yet. If he doesn't show up soon I already have a player in mind for him. We won't wait for the full 12 hours and I'll be looking for volunteers to take over his team. After I make his next pick.

I'll be waiting until approximately 0900 before I make his pick.

Last edited:

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
On a different but related note, I might be posting in other forums at the ROD. "Song of the Day" for sure and I'll be checking out other forums to see if I have anything to add to a conversation. I'm just not going to post in the Rams forum. I will no longer watch the NFL. I'll still be watching the Missouri Tigers though.

MIZ!!

Alan

Legend

The GM for the Chiefs has made his pick (59th in the 2016 draft) and @Riverumbbq is on the clock and has until 2009 hours 05APR16 to make his pick. @Riverumbbq is on deck.

Round 1

1. Jets - 12intheBox: Carson Wentz - North Dakota State
2. Cleveland - Corbin: Jared Goff - California
3. Chargers - Shawnbb158: Jalen Ramsey - FSU
4. Cowboys - Rynie/Alan: Joey Bosa - Ohio State
5. Jaguars - PressureD41: Myles Jack - UCLA
6. Ravens - Merlin: Laremy Tunsil - Mississippi
7. 49ers - JackDRams: Deforest Buckner - Oregon
8. Eagles - DaveFan'51: Ezekiel Elliot - Ohio State
9. Buccaneers - LosAngelesRams: Vernon Hargreaves - Florida
10. Giants - Mojo Ram: Laquon Treadwell - Mississippi
11. Bears - Shaunpinney: Leonard Floyd - Georgia
12. Saints - Gandalf: Shaq Lawson - Clemson
13. Dolphins -OC--LeftCoast: Ronnie Stanley - Notre Dame
14. Raiders - -X-: Reggie Ragland - Alabama
15. Rams - Boston Ram: Mackensie Alexander - Clemson
16. Lions - Dieter the Brock: Noah Spence - Eastern Kentucky
17. Falcons - Rams Until I Die: Corey Coleman - Baylor
18. Colts - Legatron4: Cody Whitehair - Kansas State
19. Bills - T-REX: Darron Lee - Ohio State
20. Titans - A55VA6/Alan: Jack Conklin - Michigan State
21. Vikings - jsimcox: Josh Doctson - TCU
22. Texans - Tron: Hunter Henry - Arkansas
23. Redskins - Killgasm: Braxton Miller - Ohio State
24. Bengals - hotanez: Eli Apple - Ohio State
25. 49ers - JackDRams: Jaylon Smith - Notre Dame
26. Seahawks - OldSchool: Sheldon Rankins - Louisville
27. Packers - Ramrocket: Andrew Billings - Baylor
28. Chiefs – JRobinson/Alan: Jarran Reed - Alabama
29. Cardinals - BatteringRambo: Paxton Lynch - Memphis
30. Panthers -Warner4Prez: Emmanuel Ogbah - Oklahoma State
31. Patriots - Riverumbbq: Taylor Decker - Ohio State

Round 2

32. Browns - Corbin: Michael Thomas - Ohio State
33. Titans - A55VA6: A'Shawn Robinson - Alabama
34. Cowboys - Rynie/Alan: William Jackson III - Houston
35. Chargers - Shawnbb158: Kevin Dodd - Clemson
36. Ravens - Merlin: Sterling Shepherd - Oklahoma
37. Steelers -TheDYVKX: Robert Nkemdiche - Mississippi
38. Lions - Dieter the Brock: Ryan Kelly - Alabama
39. Buccaneers - LosAngelesRams: Keanu Neal - Florida
40. Giants -Mojo Ram: Derrick Henry - Alabama
41. Bears - Shaunpinney: Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame
42. Dolphins -OC--LeftCoast: Devontae Booker - Utah
43. Broncos - Ramhusker: Jason Spriggs - Indiana
44. Raiders - -X-: Vonn Bell - Ohio State
45. Rams - Boston Ram: Tyler Boyd - Pittsburgh
46. Jaguars - PressureD41: Nick Martin - Notre Dane
47. Steelers -TheDYVKX: Su'a Cravens - USC
48. Colts - Legatron4: Yannick Ngakoue - Maryland
49. Bills - T-REX: Vernon Butler - Louisiana Tech
50. Falcons - Rams Until I Die: Jonathan Bullard - Florida
51.Titans-A55VA6: Karl Joseph - West Virginia
52. Texans - Tron: Pharoh Cooper - South Carolina
53. Saints - Gandalf: Chris Jones - Mississippi State
54. Vikings - jsimcox: Jeremy Cash - Duke
55. Bengals - hotanez: Kenny Clark - UCLA
56. Seahawks - OldSchool: German Ifedi - Texas A&M
57. Packers - Ramrocket: Kentrell Brothers - Missouri
58. Redskins - Killgasm: Adolphus Washington - Ohio State
59. Chiefs - JRobinson: Shilique Calhoun - Michigan State
60. Patriots - Riverumbbq:
61. Patriots - Riverumbbq:
62. Panthers -Warner4Prez
63. Broncos -Ramhusker

Round 3

64. Titans - A55VA6:
65. Browns - Corbin:
66. Chargers - Shawnbb158:
67. Cowboys - Rynie:
68. Saints - Gandalf: Trade
69. Jaguars - PressureD41:
70. Ravens - Merlin:
71. Giants -Mojo Ram:
72. Bears - Shaunpinney:
73. Dolphins -OC--LeftCoast:
74. Buccaneers - LosAngelesRams:
75. Raiders - -X-:
76. Rams - Boston Ram:
77. Eagles - DaveFan'51:
78. Steelers -TheDYVKX: Trade
79. Eagles – DaveFan'51:
80. Bills - T-REX:
81. Falcons - Rams Until I Die:
82. Colts - Legatron4:
83. Titans-A55VA6:
84. Redskins - Killgasm:
85. Texans - Tron:
86. Vikings - jsimcox:
87. Bengals - hotanez:
88. Packers - Ramrocket:
89. 49ers - JackDRams: Trade
90. Seahawks - OldSchool:
91. Broncos - Ramhusker: Trade
92. Cardinals - BatteringRambo:
93. Panthers -Warner4Prez
94. Broncos -Ramhusker
95. Lions - Dieter the Brock: Compensatory:
96. Patriots - Riverumbbq: Compensatory:
97. Seahawks - OldSchool: Compensatory:
98. Broncos - Ramhusker: Compensatory:

Round 4

99. Browns - Corbin:
100. Eagles – DaveFan'51:
101. Cowboys - Rynie:
102. Chargers - Shawnbb158:
103. Jaguars - PressureD41:
104. Ravens - Merlin:
105. Saints - Gandalf: Trade
106. Bears - Shaunpinney:
107. Dolphins -OC--LeftCoast:
108. Buccaneers - LosAngelesRams:
109. Giants -Mojo Ram:
110. Rams - Boston Ram:
111. Jaguars - PressureD41: Trade
112. Saints - Gandalf:
113. Titans - A55VA6:
114. Raiders - -X-:
115. Falcons - Rams Until I Die:
116. Colts - Legatron4:
117. Bills - T-REX:
118. Titans-A55VA6:
119. Texans - Tron:
120. Redskins - Killgasm:
121. Redskins - Killgasm:
122. Bengals - hotanez:
123. Eagles – DaveFan'51:
124. Seahawks - OldSchool:
125. Packers - Ramrocket:
126. Chiefs - JRobinson:
127. Bears - Shaunpinney:
128. Cardinals - BatteringRambo:
129. Panthers -Warner4Prez
130. Ravens - Merlin:
131. Packers - Ramrocket: Compensatory:
132. Ravens - Merlin: Compensatory:
133. 49ers - JackDRams: Compensatory:
134. Ravens - Merlin: Compensatory:
135. Cowboys - Rynie: Compensatory:
136. Broncos - Ramhusker: Compensatory:
137. Packers - Ramrocket: Compensatory:
138. Browns - Corbin: Compensatory:
139. Bills - T-REX: Compensatory:

Round 5

140. Titans - A55VA6:
141. Browns - Corbin:
142. 49ers - JackDRams:
143. Raiders - -X-:
144. Broncos -Ramhusker
145. 49ers - JackDRams:
146. Jaguars - PressureD41:
147. Dolphins -OC--LeftCoast:
148. Buccaneers - LosAngelesRams:
149. Giants -Mojo Ram:
150. Bears - Shaunpinney:
151. Jaguars - PressureD41: Trade
152. Saints - Gandalf:Redskins - Killgasm:
153. Eagles – DaveFan'51:
154. Raiders - -X-:
155. Colts - Legatron4:
156. Bills - T-REX:
157. Titans - A55VA6:
158. Redskins - Killgasm:
159. Texans - Tron:
160. Vikings - jsimcox:
161. Bengals - hotanez:
162. Chiefs - JRobinson:
163. Packers - Ramrocket:
164. Eagles - DaveFan'51:
165. Chiefs - JRobinson:
166. Texans - Tron:
167. Cardinals - BatteringRambo:
168. Panthers - Warner4Prez
169. Lions - Dieter the Brock:
170. Cardinals - BatteringRambo: Compensatory:
171. Seahawks - OldSchool: Compensatory:
172. Browns - Corbin: Compensatory:
173. Browns - Corbin: Compensatory:
174. 49ers - JackDRams: Compensatory:
175. Chargers - Shawnbb158: Compensatory:

Players already chosen (color coded by round chosen):

QB: Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, Paxton Lynch,
WR: Laquon Treadwell, Corey Coleman, Josh Doctson, Braxton Miller, Sterling Shepherd, Michael Thomas, Will Fuller, Tyler Boyd, Pharoh Cooper,
TE: Hunter Henry,
RB: Ezekiel Elliot, Derrick Henry, Devontae Booker,
OT: Laremy Tunsil, Ronnie Stanley, Jack Conklin, Taylor Decker, Jason Spriggs, German Ifedi,
OG: Cody Whitehair,
C: Ryan Kelly, Nick Martin

DE: Joey Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Shaq Lawson, Noah Spence, Emmanuel Ogbah, Kevin Dodd, Yannick Ngakoue, Jonathan Bullard,
DT: Sheldon Rankins, Andrew Billings, Jarran Reed, A'Shawn Robinson, Robert Nkemdiche, Vernon Butler, Chris Jones, Kenny Clark, Adolphus Washington,
LB: Myles Jack, Leonard Floyd, Reggie Ragland, Darron Lee, Jaylon Smith, Kentrell Brothers, Shilique Calhoun,
S: Keanu Neal, Vonn Bell, Su'a Cravens, Karl Joseph, Jeremy Cash,
CB: Jalen Ramsey, Vernon Hargreaves, Mackensie Alexander, Eli Apple, William Jackson III,

Other:

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
@JRobinson
28. Kansas City Chiefs
2015 record:
11-5 (.496)
Top need: Outside linebacker
Other needs: Quarterback, wide receiver, defensive line
Top prospects at positional needs: OLB: Myles Jack (UCLA), Jaylon Smith (Notre Dame), Leonard Floyd (Georgia); QB: Jared Goff (Cal), Paxton Lynch (Memphis), Carson Wentz (North Dakota State); WR: Laquon Treadwell (Ole Miss), Will Fuller (Notre Dame), Corey Coleman (Baylor); DL: DeForest Buckner (Oregon), Joey Bosa (Ohio State), Andrew Billings (Baylor).
Analysis: While the Chiefs re-signed Tamba Hali, he isn't the future at that position and the Chiefs will be on the lookout for the perfect fit at that spot. The defensive line could use another high-end player and the loss of Chase Daniel as the backup could be addressed with a QB who might be groomed for the future.
Too much imfo Mojo! Your giving up players, that haven't been picked, that are on "MY WISH LIST"!! :mad:;) " Cool it!!":boxing::rolllaugh:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
With the 59th pick the Chiefs select Shilique Calhoun LB Michigan State
Real nice pick. He had a Really good showing at the combine. 4.82 in the 40/ a 35.0 vert./115 inch broad jump/4.25 shuttle/and a 6.97 cone drill!
The ONLY thing is, I have him listed as a DE not an LB, Which is he!? So Alan lists him properly!! And Just for @JackDRams his SPARQ score is 119.0!!

Last edited:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Real nice pick. He had a Really good showing at the combine. 4.82 in the 40/ a 35.0 vert./115 inch broad jump/4.25 shuttle/and a 6.97 cone drill!
The ONLY thing is, I have him listed as a DE not an LB, Which is he!? So Alan lists him properly!!

He's an edge rusher, so 4-3 DE, 3-4 OLB.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
With the 59th pick the Chiefs select Shilique Calhoun LB Michigan State
Damn good pick at this stage

The ONLY thing is, I have him listed as a DE not an LB, Which is he!? So Alan lists him properly!!

He's listed as a DE/LB on most sites - nfl.com have him down as DE though - I'm not sure what @Alan uses as his marker...