ROD mock draft in 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Guys - you know what - I'd love to be a GM - this process is so cool - I love it, from the researching players, to creating my big board, to selecting the players - the balance from BPA and team need is so cool - I have my own way of working that out and I think it works (for me anyway)!!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I had a grand plan for my draft from R1 to UDFAs - I just hate it when someone else messes it up ;)
I look at it like it's all one Grand Chess match, You have to plan 4 moves ahead, and have contingencies!!:snicker::shades::cheers:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I look at it like it's all one Grand Chess match, You have to plan 4 moves ahead, and have contingencies!!:snicker::shades::cheers:
You're right, and sometimes there's a guy which is so high on your board that you just can't not pick if he falls for you even if it's not a desperate need for your team (I guess a bit like the Rams drawing Aaron Donald) I can remember thinking "why??" because we had a great d-line already and there were so many other holes to fill - but now, I'd hate it if AD was on any other team!!! :rimshot:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm also loving the input all you guys have to this draft - I don't get a chance to talk football over here in Wales!

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Guys - you know what - I'd love to be a GM - this process is so cool - I love it, from the researching players, to creating my big board, to selecting the players - the balance from BPA and team need is so cool - I have my own way of working that out and I think it works (for me anyway)!!!

Definitely. If I could go back in time and become something else, I'd probably try to become an NFL scout and work my way up from there. Seems so fun. A lot of work, but fun too.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Definitely. If I could go back in time and become something else, I'd probably try to become an NFL scout and work my way up from there. Seems so fun. A lot of work, but fun too.
same here - I'd love to move to the states and start from the bottom up

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ditto! And I love to travel and meet new people!!:D

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
COMMUNITY PICK FOR THE CARDINALS! NOMINATE A PLAYER, FIRST PLAYER WITH THREE NOMINATIONS IS THE PICK.

PREVIOUS SELECTIONS:

Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
Willie Beavers, OT, Western Michigan
Evan Boehm, Center, Missouri
Josh Ferguson, RB, Illinois
Darion Griswold, TE, Arkansas State

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
It's last 7 now. Should we make the community pick? I'll nominate Bradberry just because it's not fair that he's still on the board and I'd feel bad taking him lol

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Ok - sorry for the delay - having network issues!!!

with the 206th selection of the ROD Mock Draft the Bears select:

Ronald Blair III, DE, Appalachian State
RonaldBlair_copy.jpg

OVERVIEW
Blair was a second-team all-state pick in Georgia, but ended up at App. State instead of the SEC -– to the chagrin of the Mountaineers’ opponents. In his first three full years on the field (he missed most of 2013 with a thumb injury), he’s been an all-conference pick (two years in the FCS-level Southern Conference, 2014 in the Sun Belt) racking up 33 tackles for loss and 12.5 sacks. Blair finished his career by winning the Sun Belt Conference’s Defensive Player of the Year (70 tackles, 19 tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks), lining up outside and inside to take advantage of presented mismatches.

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Flashes some polish in his game. Comes out of track stance and fires into blockers with knee bend and good pad level. Uses leverage and tremendous power at the point of attack to rock offensive linemen who let their pads get too high. Able to set a strong edge. Attacks and stresses the seam of double team blocks with power in his legs. His coaches rave about his leadership and work in the film room. Good lateral quickness with his feet and is very effective as a pass rusher in twists up front. Accelerates down the line to squeeze cutback lanes against the run. Bodies up and drives his legs through his tackles making sure running backs feel it. Has effective arm-over as his go-to move. Good length with big hands for his size. Can generate a quality bull rush.

WEAKNESSES
Shorter than teams would like at the defensive end spot. Lacks the overall agility and athleticism to play standing up. Carries some bad weight around the midsection. Could improve his overall conditioning. Very little edge presence as a pass rusher. Unlikely to become a one-on-one winner as a pass rusher on the next level. Despite playing with knee bend out of snap, allows his pads level to get too high at times and can be knocked off balance as pass rusher.

BOTTOM LINE
Highly decorated four-year starter who capped off a successful career by being named Sun Belt Defensive Player of the Year in 2015. He doesn’t have the ability as a pass rusher to excite NFL teams, but his strength at the point of attack and quality tape against Clemson this past season should not be discounted.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Guys - I'm heading off to bed - its 1am and I have a 5am start - keep those picks coming in :)

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'm pretty stoked I'm on the clock. The player that I wanted to take at the beginning of this round is still on the board.

So without further delay, with the 207th pick of the ROD Mock Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select super back Dan Vitale-Northwestern. I call him a superback, because he plays FB, RB, and TE. The dude is well rounded. Just watch the highlight reel below. He's a steal at this point of the draft.

@Riverumbbq you're on the clock
@Merlin you're on deck

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  1. With the 208'th pick, New England selects PFF's 85'th overall rated player in Nick Kwiatkowski, LB, West Virginia
Kwiatkowski ranked fourth in the draft class as a run defender at +21.7 and fifth in coverage at +9.0 as his all-around strong play should make him a dependable starter at the next level.

Merlin is on the clock

Dieter the Brock is on deck

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Nice
Ok - sorry for the delay - having network issues!!!

with the 206th selection of the ROD Mock Draft the Bears select:

Ronald Blair III, DE, Appalachian State
RonaldBlair_copy.jpg

OVERVIEW
Blair was a second-team all-state pick in Georgia, but ended up at App. State instead of the SEC -– to the chagrin of the Mountaineers’ opponents. In his first three full years on the field (he missed most of 2013 with a thumb injury), he’s been an all-conference pick (two years in the FCS-level Southern Conference, 2014 in the Sun Belt) racking up 33 tackles for loss and 12.5 sacks. Blair finished his career by winning the Sun Belt Conference’s Defensive Player of the Year (70 tackles, 19 tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks), lining up outside and inside to take advantage of presented mismatches.

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Flashes some polish in his game. Comes out of track stance and fires into blockers with knee bend and good pad level. Uses leverage and tremendous power at the point of attack to rock offensive linemen who let their pads get too high. Able to set a strong edge. Attacks and stresses the seam of double team blocks with power in his legs. His coaches rave about his leadership and work in the film room. Good lateral quickness with his feet and is very effective as a pass rusher in twists up front. Accelerates down the line to squeeze cutback lanes against the run. Bodies up and drives his legs through his tackles making sure running backs feel it. Has effective arm-over as his go-to move. Good length with big hands for his size. Can generate a quality bull rush.

WEAKNESSES
Shorter than teams would like at the defensive end spot. Lacks the overall agility and athleticism to play standing up. Carries some bad weight around the midsection. Could improve his overall conditioning. Very little edge presence as a pass rusher. Unlikely to become a one-on-one winner as a pass rusher on the next level. Despite playing with knee bend out of snap, allows his pads level to get too high at times and can be knocked off balance as pass rusher.

BOTTOM LINE
Highly decorated four-year starter who capped off a successful career by being named Sun Belt Defensive Player of the Year in 2015. He doesn’t have the ability as a pass rusher to excite NFL teams, but his strength at the point of attack and quality tape against Clemson this past season should not be discounted.
Nice Pick Shaunpinney!