ROD 2014 Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Sorry friends! The wait is over, I had to get a hold of that greasy choad Rob Ryan and run my pick by him! ;)

In an effort to shore up a young and improving front 7, the New Orleans 'Aints select: Ryan Shazier LB Ohio State.
I can see this kid playing in the middle for them and being a superior version of Sean Lee, a guy Ryan coached in Dallas for a few years.

Update:
  1. Tampa Bay - Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina From Tron (Houston) from DVYKX (TB) 7th overall pick, 69th overall pick (3rd round), 143rd overall pick (5th round), 2015 first round pick, 2015 second round pick.
  2. St. Louis - Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
  3. Jacksonville - Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida
  4. Cleveland - Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
  5. Oakland - Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
  6. Atlanta - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
  7. Houston(From Tampa Bay) - Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
  8. Minnesota - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
  9. Buffalo - Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
  10. Detroit - Ha Ha Clinton - Dix, S, Alabama
  11. Tennessee - Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
  12. New York Giants -Anthony Barr, LB, UCLA
  13. St. Louis - Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
  14. Chicago - Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
  15. Pittsburgh - Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan St.
  16. Dallas - Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
  17. Cleveland - Derek Carr, QB, Fresno St. From 12inthebox (Baltimore) from jsimcox (Cleveland) picks #26 and #35.
  18. New York Jets - Taylor Lewan, OT,Michigan
  19. Miami - Zac Martin, OG, Notre Dame
  20. New England (from Arizona)- Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina, From Mojo Ram (Arizona) for picks #29 and #93
  21. Green Bay - C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama
  22. Philadelphia - Odell Beckham Jr, WR, LSU
  23. Kansas City - Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
  24. Cincinnati - Marqise Lee, WR, USC
  25. San Diego - Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame
  26. Baltimore(From Cleveland) - Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon St.
  27. New Orleans - Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State
  28. Carolina - @howski3318 is on the clock.
  29. Arizona (from New England) - Mojo Ram
  30. San Francisco -Xander47
  31. Denver - siiimmons
  32. Seattle - chefRAMzy

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
How did you get he's not a good choice out of this statement?
Just my thoughts not saying your wrong and Beckman is a good pick but not sure the Eagles have a deep threat on the roster.

NFL Draft 2014: Brandin Cooks of Oregon St. says he can be ... is now the Eagles No. 1 need headed into the NFL draft. ... 40-time: 4.35 College/Conference.

Stats can support an argument but sometimes you have to do a little digging. Cooks is a deep threat and teams will adjust their defense if they think a player can get loose in the backfield. that is why Jackson was so valuable as an Eagle. Teams had to adjust their coverage to account for him. With that being said I am sure Beckham will get his opportunities if drafted by the Eagle he is faster than I thought he was.

Oh, I wasn't insinuating that you said Beckham was not a good pick.

And I wasn't trying to say Cooks isn't a deep threat, because he is.

Just saying OBJ is a better deep threat and is still a very fast receiver.

Cooks is just a better short passing game/YAC receiver while being a great intermediate/deep threat. He's more like Jackson IMO. OBJ is ideally suited to intermediate to long passing game type receiver with good YAC.

Cooks reminds me of a T.Y. Hilton or a DeSean Jackson.
Beckham Jr. reminds me of a Victor Cruz or a Greg Jennings type.

Just putting my opinions out there.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
By my calculations the last 12 picks have taken 4 days to complete. I'd prefer to schedule these if we go on past the first rd.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
By my calculations the last 12 picks have taken 4 days to complete. I'd prefer to schedule these if we go on past the first rd.
I thought we were going to go as far as possible. Full 7 round mock if possible

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I'll be much more timely, promise. Rough week over here, sick baby, school, blah blah bleh. :sick:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Time slots and proxies are an interesting thought with these. Also maybe working it the way the real draft goes when someone misses their turn. Anyone know exactly what the rule is there? I know you don't just lose your pick.

Time slots and proxies are an interesting thought with these. Also maybe working it the way the real draft goes when someone misses their turn. Anyone know exactly what the rule is there? I know you don't just lose your pick.

You move down a slot:

#27: Baltimore Ravens
(time expired). Baltimore originally held the 26th pick, but they did not submit their pick in the allotted ten minutes which allowed Kansas City to jump in front of them. Baltimore had an agreement to trade the 26th pick to Chicago in exchange for pick #29 and Chicago's fourth-round selection. However, Chicago failed to call in the trade to the league office and thus the trade was not completed. Baltimore recovered to make this selection after Kansas City submitted its pick.[source 4]

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
All i know is that there is a mock just like this going on in another Rams board and picks are being made at least one an hour on average. Obviously thats not going to be possible for everyone(and thats perfectly understandable)...i would just prefer to pick up the pace a little. Maybe keep the contributors to more "regular" residents. ?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'll be much more timely, promise. Rough week over here, sick baby, school, blah blah bleh. :sick:
No need to apologize my friend. The parameters and ground rules weren't made clear to everyone.

Good luck with your little precious one...:) You're probably sleep deprived too. Hope all's well.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You move down a slot:
#27: Baltimore Ravens (time expired). Baltimore originally held the 26th pick, but they did not submit their pick in the allotted ten minutes which allowed Kansas City to jump in front of them. Baltimore had an agreement to trade the 26th pick to Chicago in exchange for pick #29 and Chicago's fourth-round selection. However, Chicago failed to call in the trade to the league office and thus the trade was not completed. Baltimore recovered to make this selection after Kansas City submitted its pick.[source 4]
Right - but what if someone falls five spots and then comes in and picks a player two other teams just traded for? Tough luck I suppose - eh?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
All i know is that there is a mock just like this going on in another Rams board and picks are being made at least one an hour on average. Obviously thats not going to be possible for everyone(and thats perfectly understandable)...i would just prefer to pick up the pace a little. Maybe keep the contributors to more "regular" residents. ?
Hard to put the hay back into the cow.

Update:
  1. Tampa Bay - Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina From Tron (Houston) from DVYKX (TB) 7th overall pick, 69th overall pick (3rd round), 143rd overall pick (5th round), 2015 first round pick, 2015 second round pick.
  2. St. Louis - Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
  3. Jacksonville - Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida
  4. Cleveland - Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
  5. Oakland - Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
  6. Atlanta - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
  7. Houston(From Tampa Bay) - Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
  8. Minnesota - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
  9. Buffalo - Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
  10. Detroit - Ha Ha Clinton - Dix, S, Alabama
  11. Tennessee - Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
  12. New York Giants -Anthony Barr, LB, UCLA
  13. St. Louis - Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
  14. Chicago - Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
  15. Pittsburgh - Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan St.
  16. Dallas - Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
  17. Cleveland - Derek Carr, QB, Fresno St. From 12inthebox (Baltimore) from jsimcox (Cleveland) picks #26 and #35.
  18. New York Jets - Taylor Lewan, OT,Michigan
  19. Miami - Zac Martin, OG, Notre Dame
  20. New England (from Arizona)- Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina, From Mojo Ram (Arizona) for picks #29 and #93
  21. Green Bay - C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama
  22. Philadelphia - Odell Beckham Jr, WR, LSU
  23. Kansas City - Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
  24. Cincinnati - Marqise Lee, WR, USC
  25. San Diego - Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame
  26. Baltimore(From Cleveland) - Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon St.
  27. New Orleans - Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State
  28. Carolina - Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
  29. Arizona (from New England) - @Mojo Ram is on the clock.
  30. San Francisco -Xander47
  31. Denver - siiimmons
  32. Seattle - chefRAMzy

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
With the 29th pick(from New England) the Arizona Cardinals select Dee Ford DE/OLB Auburn