Robert Woods Traded to Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think it's natural to feel that way. Odell came in to this offense and really made a difference. Then that injury stole his contract basically. Then he watches the Rams add another top option like Robinson which is a nice reminder of the business side of this league.

So after he sniffs around in FA and sees that all teams are offering similar short term prove-it deals I would hope he realizes the Rams are tough to beat for a one year look. It would be really nice to get that dude added to this offense in time for the playoff run.
Agents are scum. I’m sure he’s telling him to play hardball.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think folks are reading way too much in to the OBJ sitch.
His tweets, or IG posts? To me, he is referring to the huge $$ being thrown out there for which he cant partake due to his injury.
I'm a big fan of OBJ and have felt he got a very bad rap. I got crushed for wanting the Rams to trade for him several years ago. All that said, after he came aboard I was reluctant to share my thoughts on his future, (before the SB) and whether it was going to be a choice between him and Woods. OBJ wants his money and I would have been concerned about giving him the big $$ while letting Woods go.
Now that he's had the injury? Well, I think the Rams see it in similar fashion. There's room for him in Horns, but it will be on the Rams terms. If he sees fit to grab the green carrot, the Rams are fine with Robinsons addition and he can go elsewhere. If he truly wants to stay a part of it, he'll have to understand the deal and where he fits in.

Ram65

Legend

Dead Money

NameCap Number
Robert Woods$11,900,000
Johnny Hekker$942,000
Odell Beckham Jr.$400,000
Earnest Brown IV$205,329
TOTAL$13,483,999

I was good with trading Woods after signing Robinson while saving the $3.5M roster bonus. It was kind of like a trade of WRs with saving 2022 cap space. Now I really wonder if it was worth it trading Woods. I still like Robinson more with Stafford. There is no telling if OBJ resigns with the Rams or not so keeping Woods would have made sense.

dang

Legend
Odell should be happy with a contract that pays him $500k/game plus incentives for this year (for team success not individual success). But if a team wants to give him a 2 year contract for $10-12m/year he should probably jump at it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I was good with trading Woods after signing Robinson while saving the $3.5M roster bonus. It was kind of like a trade of WRs with saving 2022 cap space. Now I really wonder if it was worth it trading Woods. I still like Robinson more with Stafford. There is no telling if OBJ resigns with the Rams or not so keeping Woods would have made sense.
Rams had to get out from under that contract. Good as the Rams are and have been, they still aren't very good at paying players early.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams had to get out from under that contract. Good as the Rams are and have been, they still aren't very good at paying players early.
I dont get this logic. We saved 3.5 million against the 15 millionish we were paying. So 11.5 million was still paid. Then we paid 4.3 million (2022 cap hit, an increase of 1 million) for Robinson. Who has a different skillset, but no history of the same leadership and willingness to get dirty for the team. I like Robinson on the team, but I *hate* losing Woods.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now I really wonder if it was worth it trading Woods.
They did the same thing with Cooks and Gurley... even though the dead-cap "hit" from cutting them was very high, and the savings from cutting them was very low, the Rams went ahead and released them anyway. I guess we over-valued them all. Hard to believe Robert Woods didn't have a place on this team for 3.5 million.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
If that’s the case then he’d be a hypocrite. Woods and Kupp welcomed OBJ with open arms. He should welcome Robinson, especially with Woods gone.
especially since he'll miss half the season. I mean, does he expect the rams to go into the year without someone like arob. If he does, then he is truly clueless and I would question even bringing him back because that is not the we not me thinking.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Well. I am sad about this trade, but a lot on this site already knew this was coming, I just wish it never actually happened. We lost a cog in this system I hope we can still function the same. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if the Rams brought him back for one last hurrah before he decides to retire. Hope he wants to retire a Ram, he will never be forgotten. I have no doubt Woods will be a great addition for the Titans. I will follow more Titan games now just to watch Woods, I will still be rooting for him.

dang

Legend
I dont get this logic. We saved 3.5 million against the 15 millionish we were paying. So 11.5 million was still paid. Then we paid 4.3 million (2022 cap hit, an increase of 1 million) for Robinson. Who has a different skillset, but no history of the same leadership and willingness to get dirty for the team. I like Robinson on the team, but I *hate* losing Woods.
It’s also about his remaining contract $$$. But damn Robert Woods was the prototype for the Rams “We not Me” culture. He is by all accounts an exemplary human being/teammate even beyond his immeasurable value as a football player.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At this point I say screw Beckham. They never should have traded Woods.
I don’t think trading Woods and re-signing OBJ are mutually exclusive.
If anything, the signing of Robinson is what forced Woods out.
I think the odds of signing Beckham were 50/50 at best, possibly even lower at this point

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don’t think trading Woods and re-signing OBJ are mutually exclusive.
If anything, the signing of Robinson is what forced Woods out.
I think the odds of signing Beckham were 50/50 at best, possibly even lower at this point
I think that if they felt OBJ was out of the picture they’d have tried to make it work with Woods and Robinson.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
That truly sucks if true. Could have just kept him for $3.5 mil. A 6th round pick in 2023 has 7th round value.
Next year that 6th will be worth a 6th, so it's kind of like getting a 6th round pick.

Also, when was the last time we made a trade and really felt like we got the better end of the deal? You can say Stafford now, but when it happened it didn't look that way. Same thing for Miller. The Rams just don't get much in trades, although I'm not sure why.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think that if they felt OBJ was out of the picture they’d have tried to make it work with Woods and Robinson.
Robinson is the replacement for Woods though, that's why the move was made now. Woods contract after 2022 was going to be an issue, whether he was injured or not. They replaced the #1b spot that Woods held, replace his contract around same dollar figure but with a younger more productive player. They may or may not add another WR, I dont see any guarantee of OBJ returning. Raised cap or not, there's only room for 2 highly paid WR and Cooper Kupp is due for a whopper or an extension

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams just don't get much in trades, although I'm not sure why.
Well, the trades have resulted in 2 Superbowl appearances, with 1 Championship ring, so I'm not sure how they arent getting much return

nighttrain

Legend
Next year that 6th will be worth a 6th, so it's kind of like getting a 6th round pick.

Also, when was the last time we made a trade and really felt like we got the better end of the deal? You can say Stafford now, but when it happened it didn't look that way. Same thing for Miller. The Rams just don't get much in trades, although I'm not sure why.
haha, are u forgetting Whit, Ramsey, and Stafford? or they don't count?
train