Robert Woods Traded to Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Imo, the 2nd was fair value. Especially considering Denver would get a 3rd comp in FA had they kept him. Maybe we’d have to throw in a 6th.

The extra 3rd was for the salary take.

At the end of the day, it worked out perfectly for us. We won the SB. You can’t put a price tag in that. We also didn’t make the mistake of overpaying for Von after the fact. Smart move.

Ram65

Legend
The Robinson-Woods trades seem to be working out well for all teams and players. Woods goes to a team that he picked with the continuation of his well-deserved Rams contract. Robinson comes to the Rams and QB Matt Stafford as a better fit than Woods. I am very excited about the future of the Stafford-Robinson connection. The Rams get a lower cap cost with Robinson to use elsewhere.

It is possible that the Rams could have kept Woods for at least the 2022 season had they not signed Robinson. They already paid most of the 2022 cap hit since it appears they paid the roster bonus. They could have traded him in 2023 with lesser dead cap money. We know McVay stated that they had to pivot to Robinson when the Miller FA deal fell through. We don't all the scenarios and nuances of the salary cap. They still have the AD restructure which could take a while to settle.

The Rams are better with Robinson over Woods while having more cap space. I call that a win win for now. The question of keeping Woods over resigning OJB is another story. As much as I like Woods going into the end of the season with a healthy OBJ over Woods would be better. It's a gamble because they still have to resign OBJ and hope he is ready by December. If they can't resign OBJ they still have other options on the team or via trade.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
IMO the Rams should have set up a safety net in the Miller trade. If the Rams failed to sign him they retain a pick(3rd likely). I am baffled that Snead didn’t get some type of fall back. I know a bunch of people will disagree. Try not to slam your keyboards or type so aggressively your fingers hurt while responding.
Maybe if Denver hadn’t paid his contract.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Robinson-Woods trades seem to be working out well for all teams and players. Woods goes to a team that he picked with the continuation of his well-deserved Rams contract. Robinson comes to the Rams and QB Matt Stafford as a better fit than Woods. I am very excited about the future of the Stafford-Robinson connection. The Rams get a lower cap cost with Robinson to use elsewhere.

It is possible that the Rams could have kept Woods for at least the 2022 season had they not signed Robinson. They already paid most of the 2022 cap hit since it appears they paid the roster bonus. They could have traded him in 2023 with lesser dead cap money. We know McVay stated that they had to pivot to Robinson when the Miller FA deal fell through. We don't all the scenarios and nuances of the salary cap. They still have the AD restructure which could take a while to settle.

The Rams are better with Robinson over Woods while having more cap space. I call that a win win for now. The question of keeping Woods over resigning OJB is another story. As much as I like Woods going into the end of the season with a healthy OBJ over Woods would be better. It's a gamble because they still have to resign OBJ and hope he is ready by December. If they can't resign OBJ they still have other options on the team or via trade.
I don’t like the gamble, became I don’t have much faith in Skowronek, Jefferson, Harris or Atwell ( for various reasons) if there is an injury to Arob or Kupp. But I tend to be conservative when putting my fate in the hands of other people.

Ram65

Legend
I don’t like the gamble, became I don’t have much faith in Skowronek, Jefferson, Harris or Atwell ( for various reasons) if there is an injury to Arob or Kupp. But I tend to be conservative when putting my fate in the hands of other people.

That's fair enough. It's not over yet.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Imo, the 2nd was fair value. Especially considering Denver would get a 3rd comp in FA had they kept him. Maybe we’d have to throw in a 6th.

The extra 3rd was for the salary take.

At the end of the day, it worked out perfectly for us. We won the SB. You can’t put a price tag in that. We also didn’t make the mistake of overpaying for Von after the fact. Smart move.
Idk if you meant 3rd comp as in they were already getting two, so they would get a third pick out of you meant third round pick. If you meant third round pick that's inaccurate. He's a 10 year vet and can give a max of a 5th round.

If you meant it would be the last of 3 comp picks they receive, I'm sorry for jumping in to correct you.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Idk if you meant 3rd comp as in they were already getting two, so they would get a third pick out of you meant third round pick. If you meant third round pick that's inaccurate. He's a 10 year vet and can give a max of a 5th round.

If you meant it would be the last of 3 comp picks they receive, I'm sorry for jumping in to correct you.
Way off course on that discussion dude lol. But that’s ok. All good.