Rivers 28/29 for 259 yards and 3 TD's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Q729

Legend
And Kay Adams doesn't believe in the Chargers either. She wants them to leave cute notes, get cupcakes, and get her car detailed or something before that happens.

DVontel

Rookie
The Giants defense had more to do with those two SB wins and the playoff wins.

IIRC both of those teams were 9-7 WC teams. Rivers with that stacked defensive roster would have had more post season success IMO.
That 2006 Chargers roster was better than both of the 2007 & 2011 Giants rosters. Especially the 2011 Giants roster.

Eli that 2011 Postseason had 1.2K yards, 9-1 TD/INT, on 65% 7.5 YPA. Eli most certainly held his own during that run.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Rivers 28/29 for 259 yards and 3 TD's

I would like to see the one he missed. Hope it wasn't a drop. Hard to imagine throwing that many passes with only one miss.

It was a checkdown over the middle and the LDE came in and hit him low right as he wasn’t throwing it.

Kinda a fluke play.

Ram65

Legend
It was a checkdown over the middle and the LDE came in and hit him low right as he wasn’t throwing it.

Kinda a fluke play.
Thanks. On the radio this morning they said he hit his first 25 passes. I watched some highlights where he made some really good throws.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That being said, Giants won as a team built on defense, Eli didn't really carry either one of those teams. Rivers is undeniably the better QB.
I don't hate the guy, but this business is about Super Bowls, and thus far, Rivers and the Chargers are losers in that regard. NY regrets nothing.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The Giants defense had more to do with those two SB wins and the playoff wins.

IIRC both of those teams were 9-7 WC teams. Rivers with that stacked defensive roster would have had more post season success IMO.
That'd be my guess too.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
What a shame for a class act like Phillip Rivers. I could almost understand it if the Chargers were 3-7 instead of 7-3.

Ds4H8DnV4AEtOYs.jpg:large

Robert Brender‏@robertbrender 24h24 hours ago
Lots of empty seats as we get ready to kickoff Chargers and Cardinals. Just imagine what it’s going to be like in the 70,000 seat new stadium in a couple of years when the Chargers play a bad team.

Ds4ObHcU0AAtuQh.jpg:large

Jared Bremseth
These empty seats at Stubhub. So sad that the .@Chargers are 7-3, in the middle of a playoff push, playing in that type of environment. Won’t get better in Inglewood, but I guess empty seats are better than opposing fans

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What a shame for a class act like Phillip Rivers. I could almost understand it if the Chargers were 3-7 instead of 7-3.

Ds4H8DnV4AEtOYs.jpg:large

Robert Brender‏@robertbrender 24h24 hours ago
Lots of empty seats as we get ready to kickoff Chargers and Cardinals. Just imagine what it’s going to be like in the 70,000 seat new stadium in a couple of years when the Chargers play a bad team.

Ds4ObHcU0AAtuQh.jpg:large

Jared Bremseth
These empty seats at Stubhub. So sad that the .@Chargers are 7-3, in the middle of a playoff push, playing in that type of environment. Won’t get better in Inglewood, but I guess empty seats are better than opposing fans

Spanos fucked himself over.

See all the premium seats that are empty? That's because they are 225-385 bucks each. Notice the lower price seats, at 125 per ticket for the upper deck and end zone seats are mostly filled. To take a family of four to see a game there in those other seats can cost close to 1800 bucks after parking and concessions. At a minimum it's about a grand!

They will see bigger numbers in the new stadium because it'll be more affordable.

Spanos got greedy and it bit him in the ass.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Typically scarcity creates demand, but more accurately scarcity magnifies demand.

The Chargers in LA are about as in demand as a burger in Mumbai.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Typically scarcity creates demand, but more accurately scarcity magnifies demand.

But an overpriced product, regardless of how good/desirable it is, puts huge downward pressure on demand and purchase.

It's the most expensive ticket in town, even most big name concerts aren't near this pricing. I'm pretty sure Jesus couldn't draw with these prices LOL.

Put these ticket prices on Rams games and you'd see the same damn results. Put these ticket prices on ANY game and you'd see the same results. This was a dumbass play by Spanos and if he doesn't change it then we know he doesn't give a fuck about fans and is not that smart and is an overly greedy POS.

Wait, nevermind, we already knew that.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
But an overpriced product, regardless of how good/desirable it is, puts huge downward pressure on demand and purchase.

It's the most expensive ticket in town, even most big name concerts aren't near this pricing. I'm pretty sure Jesus couldn't draw with these prices LOL.

Put these ticket prices on Rams games and you'd see the same damn results. Put these ticket prices on ANY game and you'd see the same results. This was a dumbass play by Spanos and if he doesn't change it then we know he doesn't give a freak about fans and is not that smart and is an overly greedy POS.

Wait, nevermind, we already knew that.

What’s so funny is that it’s basic algebra.

Lowering prices nets significantly more money because the percentage increase in tickets would be greater than the percentage decrease in prices. And that’s not hard. Cutting prices by 50% would more than double ticket sales... which wouldn’t be hard considering the paltry number being sold currently.

Those prices are solely based on pride now.

I feel bad for Chargers players, but I hope they raise prices.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
That being said, Giants won as a team built on defense, Eli didn't really carry either one of those teams. Rivers is undeniably the better QB.
Eli won 2 SB MVP award and led the G men on an 83 yard drive to win the 2007 game and an 88 yard drive in 2011 to beat the GOAT, Tom Brady, twice! Right now I would agree Rivers is the better QB but if you asked me who's career I would rather have I'd take Eli's in a heartbeat and twice on Sundays. That is unless Rivers wins a SB MVP, but it won't be this year!!! Go Rams!