Rivers 28/29 for 259 yards and 3 TD's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He also tied the record for most consecutive completions but I think set a record for most consecutive in a single game.

The Giants have to regret that trade year after year.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
No regrets for getting the QB who won 2 Super Bowls over the QB who never played in one. No matter what the stats are.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
No regrets for getting the QB who won 2 Super Bowls over the QB who never played in one. No matter what the stats are.

Very true.

I feel for Rivers. He's the one who got screwed in all that, ending up playing for a franchise whose front office wasn't up to snuff where he pi$$ed so many of his best years away. Just goes to show that winning and more importantly sustaining winning is much more than any one player even a QB.

The Chargers will F up what they have going, though. Might not be this playoffs, but they'll screw it up.

jjab360

Legend
That being said, Giants won as a team built on defense, Eli didn't really carry either one of those teams. Rivers is undeniably the better QB.

Ram65

Legend

I would like to see the one he missed. Hope it wasn't a drop. Hard to imagine throwing that many passes with only one miss.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
All except 2007* and 2011* eh.

The Giants defense had more to do with those two SB wins and the playoff wins.

IIRC both of those teams were 9-7 WC teams. Rivers with that stacked defensive roster would have had more post season success IMO.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
IIRC both of those teams were 9-7 WC teams. Rivers with that stacked defensive roster would have had more post season success IMO.

Or he wouldn't have beaten Brady twice. Who knows.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And I had to start him this week in fantasy with Goff off :)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Ds4Cd-YVsAADfse.jpg:large

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Hes been great for a very long time

3 hall of fame QBs in that draft , rivers might be the best but he fell to a franchise that doesn't win too often .

Steelers , giants, chargers all have big decisions at QB coming up soon

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
It’s a good thing he’s not coming out now, because with that weird way he holds the ball, they’d make him change and probably ruin him

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
That being said, Giants won as a team built on defense, Eli didn't really carry either one of those teams. Rivers is undeniably the better QB.

In 2011 he did. I think it's a wash. Can't let Eli's recent troubles (a lot of it tied to the dumbass way the team is being ran) cloud how he was the majority of his career.

fearsomefour

Legend

I would like to see the one he missed. Hope it wasn't a drop. Hard to imagine throwing that many passes with only one miss.

Captain check down strikes again. (Blue Font).

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

Given a time machine, as a NY Giants fan I do nothing.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Or the defense would've beaten Brady twice like they did. Who knows.

Or maybe Rivers doesnt match Eli's stretch of consecutive starts and misses the Superbowl, and Brady ends up with nine rings, and Drew Brees never leaves San Diego and the Chargers trade Eli to the Saints where his daddy played, and maybe if....

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
He also tied the record for most consecutive completions but I think set a record for most consecutive in a single game.

The Giants have to regret that trade year after year.
Rivers did it against a failing team....he is a HOFer though, that is for sure.