Revisting the "great" walterfootball season preview

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Always a good time reading the ineptitude of Walter. Great way to start off my Tuesday thank you!

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Walter Football is trash and worse than toilet paper.
The guy is an idiot. All of the ESPN writers are completely clueless.
Rams will stomp on all teams on their path to winning the Super Bowl.
Walter Football can suck it.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some snippets...
The Psychology. Edge: Titans.
star.gif

The Rams are coming off a big statement win and could take the Titans lightly.
This guy should do what Chris Long did... donate his entire year's pay checks to charity. He doesn't deserve to get paid for this drivel.

Here are some preseason predictions by the "analysts" over at ESPN.
Their problem is that they go by last season's records instead of having any vision whatsoever for the future. So if you were great last year, you will be great again. If you sucked then you will always suck.
And I can understand some of that (leaning on last yer's results) but at least take one or two chances... I'll admit, I had no idea what we'd be like this year... certainly didn't see this coming! But maybe it's teams like thew Rams that makes sense taking a chance on every now and again.

The sad part is... they never take a chance... it's always the same ones as the prior year.

No imagination...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b67NyMXEjuI

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Can someone tweet him this thread? lol

TBH none of us, and I'll repeat none of us saw this coming. If you would have said, rams are going to be legitimate SB contenders at this point in the season you would have laughed. Common you know it's true.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Can someone tweet him this thread? lol

TBH none of us, and I'll repeat none of us saw this coming. If you would have said, rams are going to be legitimate SB contenders at this point in the season you would have laughed. Common you know it's true.

I can't say I expected to be where we are, but I felt like if our oline worked out we would have a good chance. It turned out to more than work out.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
And I can understand some of that (leaning on last yer's results) but at least take one or two chances... I'll admit, I had no idea what we'd be like this year... certainly didn't see this coming! But maybe it's teams like thew Rams that makes sense taking a chance on every now and again.

The sad part is... they never take a chance... it's always the same ones as the prior year.

No imagination...

We had no idea what would happen because the Rams had a new regime along with many different players. It could have gone badly instead. So there's no shame in not foreseeing the sudden rise of this team. But the writers never took into consideration the possibility that McVay and Phillips would totally turn this team around. No, the Rams have sucked for many years so this year will obviously be a repeat of that.

What's most annoying is that these shills get paid to do this and supposedly know what they're writing about. The majority of the members of ROD could prognosticate just as accurately if not better than the media types.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

looking at the moves the rams made in the offseason how could any person look at it and not think they were gonna be better this season?

nobody expected the talking heads to crown the rams arse but to continue with their group think of the rams being awful was downright stupid. they're too gutless to go against the grain.

i'll never forget tim hassellbeck laughing when it was suggested the rams would beat the colts without luck. this was after the cowboys preseason game. laughing.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was pretty close.
And by pretty close I mean, it’s a pretty close walk from New York City to Los Angeles

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

No, but really, why do you say that?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
looking at the moves the rams made in the offseason how could any person look at it and not think they were gonna be better this season?
I dunno... anything could have happened, including what @Prime Time wrote:
It could have gone badly instead. So there's no shame in not foreseeing the sudden rise of this team.
For a lot of the Jeff Fisher years, everyone thought things would get better every year... he proved things can go either way, no matter how much spin is put out there and how much the fans want to believe.
But I agree with him (PT)... there is no shame in not knowing... it's not a contest anyone wins if they got it right or wrong.

But the writers never took into consideration the possibility that McVay and Phillips would totally turn this team around.
The majority of the members of ROD could prognosticate just as accurately if not better than the media types.
Yup... depending on which way you leaned, you had a 50/50 shot at being right. I just couldn't get a feel either way, really. Too many years of failure tainted my desire to believe it had to get better, so I kinda fought that side off. That was just me and my defense mechanism kicking in.

Bottom line: I'm just happy as hell things have turned out as they have. No matter what happens in the playoffs, I'll be happy this year! And, the future does look bright... at least until some of these really good kids start asking to their pay days...

Enjoy while you can... it's the Rams fan way! ;)(y)