Request: Packers OLine holding

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Three years ago there was an expose by Brett Kohmann about the Packer's "hug technique" and how they get away with holding all the time. Will someone post snapshots of how the Pack did this yesterday for us? I swear I saw holding repeatedly and yet one of the times it was called wasn't one of them.

Furthermore, if holding is allowed, why don't we just do it more often ourselves? I'm sure McVay wants clarity on this as well.

TexasRam

Legend
1610898132023.gif

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
The one arm hook on the last play should have been called holding. Bad play by Refs.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
On one replay, it showed a pretty egregious shot of John Johnson being bear hugged, on what was I believe Green Bay's biggest run of the day. No flag.

The Packers hold nonstop. Nothing new there. It also was not the reason we lost. We got beaten by a better team. It is as simple as that.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
On one replay, it showed a pretty egregious shot of John Johnson being bear hugged, on what was I believe Green Bay's biggest run of the day. No flag.

The Packers hold nonstop. Nothing new there. It also was not the reason we lost. We got beaten by a better team. It is as simple as that.
It was part of it.

No sacks, few hits on Rodgers, their 200 yards rushing...it damn sure was a reason. They were able to control the game and were in very few 3rd and longs.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Every team holds on every fucking play, including us. Sheesh.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Holding calls were down dramatically this year...it’s bullshit from this league.

Criminal what they are allowed to do to AD.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Holding tolerance by the refs benefitted us too this season. Helped all offenses tbh.

I think it was clear the Packers OL won too many snaps though and I think they were the story of the game.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You're not always gonna get the calls. I love AD but that was not the first time a good OL has neutralized him. Take a look at the SF games.

Green Bay got the ball out quick and ran the ball well. And their success running the ball is what made our defense look average yesterday.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
You're not always gonna get the calls. I love AD but that was not the first time a good OL has neutralized him. Take a look at the SF games.

Green Bay got the ball out quick and ran the ball well. And their success running the ball is what made our defense look average yesterday.
Imho AD was injured and GB got the best of him because of that.

Look at that penalty on him, Refs calling a Penalty on him and the whole time the GB player had his hands underneath AD pads.

I get it, there's a ton of holding but enough is enough.

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
I made a comment earlier in the week about this very topic. The Packers were going to win if the refs didn’t call holding, and they didn’t. The refs always protect their golden boy quarterbacks, Rogers and Brady. That’s why when their offensive lineman leave the team they are never any good because they can’t hold like they do protecting the golden boys.

It may not of made a difference but it sure didn’t help.

The reason our o-line di the same thing is they get called for it every freaking time

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
It’s not about ”not getting calls”.

it’s a league-wide initiative to reduce holding penalties across the board and makes it easy on shit olines.

Great players should draw holding calls.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I saw that one too. I mean, his arms were wrapped all the way around him. But that wasn't the only one which is why I wish I could take snapshots of the All22.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There were big plays that their OL had our guys in a total bear hug, that 60 yard run by Jones sticks out in my mind. There were holds that were so blatant that I don't know how it wasn't called. This has happened all year and has become commonplace.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Their coaches did their homework and had an excellent game plan. They ran the ball right down our throats and we couldn't stop them. Hard to be successful when you can't stop the run.

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
Yup, I saw several blatant holds on GB, but we also had hardly any calls that way too. GB developed a ground game and quick passing game, its our defenses Achilles heel and they knew it. AD not 100% made it that much worse.

The above highlights my main criticism of our team, in the trenches we need to be more physical on offense and defense, be able to impose our will on the really good units. This type of success is what our teams success is based on. Collapsing pockets on defense, blowing up the line and holding it too on offense. With good units, both our lines become invisible at times, its our biggest obstacle toward becoming elite, imo.