Report: Rams Hire John Lilly As Tight Ends Coach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Do we really need an OC when the game plan always is run behind whichever guard is healthy on game day?

I'm just sayin'

jap

Legend
With Lilly on board the U.S.S. Horns, we may see TGII incorporated much more into the passing game if Lilly is allowed to provide any input into the offensive schemes.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
The big cap hit, are the numbers that come to mind if that is what you mean. Not being worth the money that is being spent on him.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams complete coaching staff with John Lilly as new tight ends coach
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...staff-with-john-lilly-as-new-tight-ends-coach

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Los Angeles Rams no longer have any vacancies on Jeff Fisher's coaching staff.

Fisher confirmed Wednesday that he has filled all of the openings he intends to fill with the final addition of John Lilly as tight ends coach. In addition to Lilly, the Rams previously added Mike Groh as the receivers coach/passing game coordinator and Skip Peete as the running backs coach. Fisher also finally made it official that Rob Boras will be the offensive coordinator full time, a move that had long been clear but hadn't yet been confirmed.

"The coaching staff is complete," Fisher said. "I was really pleased with what Rob Boras was able to do down the stretch. I'm excited about Mike Groh, who has come in as our passing-game coordinator, and he's going to coach receivers. We're really excited about him. We're very appreciative of Coach Fox and the Bears organization allowing him to move on and join us. The rest of the guys, Skip Peete, his stuff speaks for itself. He's an outstanding running backs coach, an experienced coach with a lot of good runners."

Lilly comes to the Rams from Georgia where he coached tight ends from 2008 to 2015. He was the tight ends coach and recruiting coordinator at Florida State from 1998-2007.

"Then Coach Lilly is going to move over and coach tight ends," Fisher said. "So everything was done on the offensive side of the ball, and I can assure you they're working very hard right now."