Reopening Old Wounds: More proof that the Patriots were cheating

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm supposed to believe those three guys were there, 'in full Patriots apparel', filming the Rams practice, and no one from the Rams organization noticed this? Let alone with post 9-11 stadium security.

I'm sorry, they never would've gotten away with that. And the Rams organization just wasn't that stupid.

With all the bullshit "security theater" we've endured since 9/11, people may forget that in the months just after it happened, security was fucking TIGHT at these venues... you literally had fighter jets and military personnel close at hand and no one was getting a pass.

It wasn't as agro as ON 9/11 when scared National Guardsmen were locked and loaded, unsafetied and nervous AF, but it was legit and real.

The idea that people who didn't belong in a place in that Super Bowl were allowed to just "stand around...filming" is utterly preposterous.

IIRC, even fans had to display their ticket at all times on a lanyard, right? Am I remembering that correctly? You HAD to be able to immediately prove you were supposed to be someplace or you'd get absolutely SWOOPED on.

Also, they DID see the guys filming and they were in Kraft Productions gear... again, iirc, but they most definitely weren't in full Pats regalia. That's nonsense.

Tano

Legend
That Belichick decided to end the relationship shouldn't be a surprise. His reputation was sullied and the Patriots were severely punished.
Severely?!!!

Wow!! Is that an overstatement!!!

IMHO -Belicheat should have been kicked out of the league.

The owner should have been forced to sell the team.

And all Superbowls won by the Patriots in that period should be deleted in the record books.

And then I would say .... "That's a start"

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Severely?!!!

And all Superbowls won by the Patriots in that period should be deleted in the record books.

Billicheat should have been suspended for a year as a start. The Patriots should have been band from the playoffs for 5 years. Oh and the SBs they won would be stricken from the record book. Then it wouldn't have kept happening and all other teams might think twice as well. Cheating, especially at the level he did is unforgivable, and it shaped the football lives of all they did it to. What happens if Marzt had a SB win. How would Paton Manning be thought of. Maybe he has a few more SB wins. Every time the media talks about Billicheat and brady and the Patriots they kiss their nuts. They are heros instead of cheating losers they should be.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Exactly.
I had a gut feeling prior to that game, based solely on the atmosphere of the nation.
But my feeling was that the NFL would find a way for the Patriots to win.
And in fact I still believe they played a part aside from the patriots cheating
there were outlandish non calls involving defensive holding. Especially on Faulk
when he would attempt to run routes.
Now whether the NFL was aware at that time of the pats filming or not??? I don't know.
but I think the NFL separately had plans to make a Rams victory as difficult as possible.

Whatever happened I do remember pregame thinking there could be a fix on, based solely on
the patriot name.

I had the same feeling leading up to the superbowl. Yes, it sounds crazy but remember, a couple years ago it came out, and was confirmed by the NFL, that when the Iraq War was in need of some good pr, the U.S. government approached the league with a deal to pay them to integrate a "presence" of the military at all games.

In the nineties we never saw any of that shit. Then, all of a sudden we're seeing a carefully planned armed forces integration from national anthem singers and family reunions to special forces dropping from the sky. All to make war seem like a regular part of daily life.

Once that came out, the NFL changed their policy because they didn't want to look like a propaganda tool.

Now if they'd do that to change the perception of the war, what would they have done to justify starting it. Not saying that's what happened but food for thought.

The point is, the government knows what they have in the NFL. It's today's gladiator games, which we all know, were used by Caesar to keep the masses off their asses. I mean, from the governments view, who knows what anti government activities people would be doing if they weren't locked into their football all Sunday, Monday and Thursday nights.

Why else would you let a group of billionaires running a tax free company making billions of dollars of profit every year, operate as a tax free organization. And then when that came out, that too was changed.

Oh, and during the final drive in the superbowl that year, you can see that Brady spins around to his left then throws the worst non called intentionally grounding you will ever see. There isn't even a receiver on the TV screen. There's the ball being thrown to the right side of the line of scrimmage and everyone else on the left side. That should have been end of regulation.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It reopens a wound all right, and as much as I try to ignore it and not read it, its there. And no, not the wound of that disastrous and possible dynasty ruining loss, but the wound of "Never Forget" being just a t-shirt slogan to so many, because to those who lived in it, its something that cant be forgotten. No, there was no conspiracy amongst "The NFL" to allow the Pats to win, and if one takes a second to think about what that would actually mean, the idea becomes ludicrous, and incredibly disrespectful at the same time. No, the NFL doesnt need to sell "Patriotism" to a nation in order to gain views, and that because the team was named Patriots, it would actually work? Seriously? But more to the point, with NYC being crushed, families destroyed, lives lost, somebody could actually think the Jets/Giants owners would be in on that? Or the Eagles or Steelers which had flight 93 crash between them, ripping the fabric of those areas as well? Yeah, no effing way. Sports has always been an avenue for the masses to come together, and 911 is no different. There was the love fest in NY with Bush throwing out the first pitch, and the players wearing the alternating NYPD/NYFD hats. And the city that deserved the most was entertained by sports, only to see the Yankees lose the WS on a dramatic play, and the Jets playoffs bow out to an 80 yard td run, but sure we'll all agree to make the Patriots win. Good grief.... Yeah, sorry for the rant, but the wound for me is still deep, as I drive by the widow of Todd Beamer's house every day (she lives on my street), or stop in the post office in town named for him, carrying my guilt/relief that I was supposed to be there and wasnt while many people I knew were and perished.
The Patriots cheated, and Tom Brady has been blessed with some god forsaken impunity that has allowed him to cheat, get caught, leave his pregnant girlfriend for a supermodel etc and still be revered. Period
I'm out...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Haha, say what?

Yeah, I disagreed with that part as well... but I was just posting the article as a source for Eric Mangini being the genesis of the Spygate scandal

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Severely?!!!

Totally agree.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
What's that old saying...."What was your first clue?" That something was stinky....?

The logo.
iu

It was fixed. No one cares though because the Rams and their small fanbase were the doormat and 99% of the country was rooting for the Homeland Security Bowl Patriots.

jap

Legend
Goodell didn't want a cheating scandal to blow up the reputation of the NFL. So tapes were destroyed. Measures were taken. Which is arguably worse than the original cheating.
The Patriots Spygate 2001 scandal was much worse than baseball's 1919 Black Sox scandal since the NFL itself was involved in the scandal. How could a New England Patriot employee get past NFL security to film a closed session of the Horns practice without the NFL's permission? Such a scandal would have destroyed the most popular USA team sport outright and has arguably destroyed or is in the process of destroying it right now. How many people questioned the Atlanta Falcons SB meltdown in the 2nd half after building a commanding lead against the Pats? What about the crazy lights blackout during the Pats-'Hawks(?) SB? I personally know friends who outright refuse! to even watch NFL games anymore because they feel the whole business is a scam!!!

As a dedicated Horns fan, I naturally believe it's up to the Blue & Gold to regain the NFL's respect by Horn-butting, road-grading, and pass bombing all opposition who stands in our path until we are the only ones left standing and hoisting the Vince Lombardi trophy. The Lombardi trophy is the Pot of Gold at the far end of the Leprechaun's rainbow odyssey. Let the conquesting commence!!!

gogoat1

Starter
Name
Troy
Brady had a ton a help with this GOAT stuff. He is not, Joe Montana still is IMO. Joe never lost a Super Bowl.
I mean, is Brady a great quarterback, yes.
But if he had taken shots from Jim Burt or Leonard Marshal that would have been it for ol Tommy Boy.
I jumped off the couch with joy when Montana took those 2 hits. Especially Marshals slow mo hit, thing of beauty. It looked like the Chicken Heart Monster crushing Bugs Bunny, arms all up in the air and all that
I hated Montana so much it took 10 years after retirement to give him his due.
And I giggled like a schoolgirl when Young got taken out in Arizona.
BTW, he is right about McVay. Smart dude.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I personally don't believe there was some big conspiracy, or that some government agency was in on things, or that the league had pre-planned to favor the Pats.

I simply believe the Pats found a way to tape the Rams practices and they got a significant advantage from that (especially the brand new plays they were perfectly prepared for). Once the NFL obtained evidence of the Pats cheating, they chose to bury the evidence in an attempt to protect the League's image.

That's it. No more, no less, not complicated. Just my opinion.
It was a National theme and the Rams didn’t have the name that the country wanted. The government didn’t want the Patriots to lose again. It certainly seems like a scheme concocted outside of the NFL. Otherwise why would the league care to allow the Patriots defense to tackle Faulk on every play? Why were they allowed to be so grabby on Rams receivers? I’ve watched a lot of Super Bowls and I realize that there is a ‘let them play’ attitude but that year the Patriots took it to new levels and weren’t called on it. Why else would the league take it so far?

I'm supposed to believe those three guys were there, 'in full Patriots apparel', filming the Rams practice, and no one from the Rams organization noticed this? Let alone with post 9-11 stadium security.

I'm sorry, they never would've gotten away with that. And the Rams organization just wasn't that stupid.
They did get away with it. Teams were naive to it. Holt said they were wondering what why those guys were up there during walk throughs. Remember it didn’t happen before that. The Patriots didn’t have that reputation at the time. After that teams didn’t even want practice fields viewable from hotel rooms.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i remember the ref was very angry when the other ref wouldn't pick up the flag after faulk was tackled again on what would have been an easy td pass. that's when warner saw faulk get tackled out of the play, scrambled for the endzone, got tackled and lost the ball which was picked up and returned for a td the other way.

there was a discussion then he came out and signalled angrily that is was dpi.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Don't hold back, it aint healthy....

Very well. The Cheatriots can go fuck themselves up the ass with a baker's dozen railroad spikes - and Bellicheat, Bitchy Brady, and Kraft can all eat them after that.

David Ray

Rookie
Name
Randall
It was a National theme and the Rams didn’t have the name that the country wanted. The government didn’t want the Patriots to lose again. It certainly seems like a scheme concocted outside of the NFL. Otherwise why would the league care to allow the Patriots defense to tackle Faulk on every play? Why were they allowed to be so grabby on Rams receivers? I’ve watched a lot of Super Bowls and I realize that there is a ‘let them play’ attitude but that year the Patriots took it to new levels and weren’t called on it. Why else would the league take it so far?

They did get away with it. Teams were naive to it. Holt said they were wondering what why those guys were up there during walk throughs. Remember it didn’t happen before that. The Patriots didn’t have that reputation at the time. After that teams didn’t even want practice fields viewable from hotel rooms.
The FIX that was XXXVI (aka the Super Bowl PSYOP)

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I go back to how Fisher helped the Pats get there guy back.

Lesly Fraiser really put it to him last night though. The Rams have had some good coaches.