remember your 1st ram game?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
London 2012 vs patriots. When the news broke that the rams were playing a game in London I got me a travel package the same day. There weren't many people happier on that day. Of course the game itself was fun for 2 minutes long td to givens (I still get Goosebumps watching replays of that), rest of the game was well what I should've known beforehand after 10 years of being a rams fan.

I was at that game! After that first TD myself and a good amount of the crowd around me were punped and then the rest of the game happened....

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
November 2014, Rams vs Broncos.

I loved how Broncos fans were so quiet and wouldn't see anyone wearing Rams gear in the eye after the game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Oh shit. I misread the original post. I thought it was the first game you remember *seeing*. lol. My first Rams game was in 1998 against the Dolphins in Miami. We lost because ... Tony Banks. I've shared the story quite a few times about how I got thrown out of that game because of a fight I got into with some racist Miami douchebag who was bagging on the underprivileged kids that Ike Bruce brought to the game (5o of them). So let's just say it wasn't very memorable. The best game I've been to was in St Louis in 2001 when the Rams beat the ever loving shit out of the Panthers with Seifert as the coach. Loved every millisecond of that one. Wasn't a good day for Warner, but there was over 300 yards on the ground between Faulk and Candidate.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I know I'm going to get mocked and shunned now... but... I've never been to one.

I'm about 150 miles away from L.A., and the team moved when I was 21. Never had the money to make such a trip beforehand. And never had the kind of cash to either go to St. Louis or anywhere like San Francisco, Oakland, San Diego or Phoenix for an away game.

You may now all throw lettuce at me. :(

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
September 23rd 1984 Cincinnati Ohio Jeff Kemp's 2nd start at Quarterback for the injured Vince Ferragamo who was lost for the year two weeks previously. The Rams had just acquired QB Steve Dils from the Vikings, but his Jersey always read like "Oils."

Rams were up 17-7 Bengals rallied late to score (17-14) and try a late on side kick and kicked to the opposite side of the field with nobody there, but FB Mike Guman who picked up the attempt and rumbles some 45 yards for the score...Seemed like it took the slow footed Nittany Lion an hour, but he just crossed the goal line and the Rams won 24-14.

Leaving the stadium a Bengal fan shouted I can't believe we lost to an ivy league quarterback and I responded and he can't believe you ever graduated high school!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I've mentioned this before, But it bares repeating! I was in the Cub Scouts, It was "Scout Day" at the L.A. Coliseum. Week 12, 1951 we sat on the 50 yard line, 17 rows up. We kicked the stuffing out of the Packers,42-14! Waterfield passed for 5 TD's!! Hirsch caught 3 of them! and I have been a Fan every since!! If I remember correctly the packer were wearing those ugly gold helmits!
upload_2015-1-6_18-15-2.png

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
October 15, 1972 at The Vet in Philadephia.

Eagles were terrible back then (before Vermiel arrived) and the Rams weren't good (good old Tommy Prothro) but they were better than the Eagles. .

Rams trounced them 34-3.

I remember is how excited I was to see Roman Gabriel. Of course, next year, he was an Eagle.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It took me most of the afternoon to decide if I remembered the game correctly or not. I know for certain that the game was played at the Coliseum. I'm not as certain of the date or the team though LOL.

I know we were flying back to the Mainland (from Hawaii) for the Christmas holiday... and it was before Christmas that the game happened. We stopped in LA on our way back to FL... my big present was getting to see the Rams in person. I'm almost positive we played the Steelers but I was able to attend several games at the Coliseum when we would travel back and forth. At that young age (around 8) I was really only focusing on my Rams.

I've been to many Ram games through the years. The Coliseum, Anaheim, and STL... but unfortunately, I've been to more Road games than Home games.

I wish I could go to them all.

Isiah58

UDFA
November 8, 1970 at the Memorial Coliseum. I was 8 years old and my dad took me. I was already a die hard Rams fan at the age of 8.
The Rams and Falcons played to a 10-10 tie that sunny afternoon, but the big sports news of the day took place about 2000 miles to east. A Saints' kicker by the name of Tom Dempsey with a partially deformed right foot kicked a 63 yard field goal that day as time expired to beat the Lions, I learned when I got home, and break the NFL record.

I had a large pennant collection for all the Rams games that I went to, including that one, but somehow they disappeared.

lunker

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nov. 29, 1981 - Rams @ Steelers (Three Rivers Stadium) the first head-to-head matchup since Super Bowl XIV. Was really hoping the Rams would avenge that loss, but it was not to be: Steelers 24 - Rams 0. Wendell Tyler was held to 19 rushing yards and Dan Pastorini threw 3 picks (he would be replaced by Pat Haden who also threw a pick).

This was the first of what turned out to be a trend for me: When the Rams are the road team and I'm in the stadium, they are 0-5.

I've been to 3 Rams games at Philadelphia (1995, 1998, 1999) and 1 Rams game at Baltimore (1996). I have given up attending Rams road games -- you're welcome.
Nov. 29, 1981 - Rams @ Steelers (Three Rivers Stadium) the first head-to-head matchup since Super Bowl XIV. Was really hoping the Rams would avenge that loss, but it was not to be: Steelers 24 - Rams 0. Wendell Tyler was held to 19 rushing yards and Dan Pastorini threw 3 picks (he would be replaced by Pat Haden who also threw a pick).

This was the first of what turned out to be a trend for me: When the Rams are the road team and I'm in the stadium, they are 0-5.

I've been to 3 Rams games at Philadelphia (1995, 1998, 1999) and 1 Rams game at Baltimore (1996). I have given up attending Rams road games -- you're welcome.
yes, it sounds like you may be a bit of a jinx...lol i remember listening to this game and the rams had nothing to offer that day. i was at the game in anaheim the week before-a crushing last second loss to frisco in montana's rookie year. i believe that loss may have taken everything out of the rams, and they basically threw in the towel after that which might explain their poor performance against the steelers. we finished an abysmal 6-10 in '81.

s

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Damn, I seriously can not recall my 1st Rams game. It's all a blurr for me now. Great question :)

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
This makes me want to bust out my old pictures of my first Rams game and see if I can piece together when it was. I remember the feelings, but couldn't tell you much beyond that, since I was so young.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I believe it was a 2006 preseason game. Rams at the Chiefs. My brother and I rode along with my friend's family (ALL CHIEF FANS) and sat up in the nosebleed section. I couldn't see the field very well because I didn't realize I needed glasses. The Rams lost and my brother and I were heckled the entire game by some fat, drunk 40 year olds. Keep in mind that I was only 10. I wasn't fully into the Rams yet, but later that year I was hooked for life.

The only there game I've been to is the Seahawks at Rams game in 09. My parents surprised us by packing our bags and taking the long drive to St. Louis without us knowing. The entire Game-Day experience was outstanding (despite the loss)! I hope I can attend another in the near future.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
I've mentioned this before, But it bares repeating! I was in the Cub Scouts, It was "Scout Day" at the L.A. Coliseum. Week 12, 1951 we sat on the 50 yard line, 17 rows up. We kicked the stuffing out of the Packers,42-14! Waterfield passed for 5 TD's!! Hirsch caught 3 of them! and I have been a Fan every since!! If I remember correctly the packer were wearing those ugly gold helmits!View attachment 5424
Just curious Dave,but were you born in 51' or became a Rams fan in 51'?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've mentioned this before, But it bares repeating! I was in the Cub Scouts, It was "Scout Day" at the L.A. Coliseum. Week 12, 1951 we sat on the 50 yard line, 17 rows up. We kicked the stuffing out of the Packers,42-14! Waterfield passed for 5 TD's!! Hirsch caught 3 of them! and I have been a Fan every since!! If I remember correctly the packer were wearing those ugly gold helmits!View attachment 5424

Scout Day. That's really something.

My 1st NFL games (if you can call them that) were actually a result of me being a scout too... maybe a Weblo (sp?).

I was able to go to 4 or 5 Pro Bowls at the Aloha Bowl. My 1st couple were attended because of being a scout... those both preceeded my 1st Ram game at the Coliseum.

lunker

UDFA
great story dan and a great classic picture as well. to think you witnessed the ram's 1951 championship season! i'll bet you watched the championship game against detroit on a tiny black and white tv screen...true?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
great story dan and a great classic picture as well. to think you witnessed the ram's 1951 championship season! i'll bet you watched the championship game against detroit on a tiny black and white tv screen...true?
At 7 years Old it didn't seem that small, but Yes!!(y):D

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
November of 2013, Rams vs. Bears at the dome.

Went with my brother (Rams fan), my dad (neutral), and my brother in law (big Bears fan), let's just say it was a very satisfying win, enjoyed hearing all the bitching and moaning from the Bears fans as they left.

lunker

UDFA
At 7 years Old it didn't seem that small, but Yes!!(y):D
btw, that championship game against cleveland (not detroit-my mistake) was the first nfl title game to be broadcast "nationally". it was on the old Dumont network.