remember your 1st ram game?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lunker

UDFA
after looking through the "For Us Older Guys" thread, i began to get a little nostalgic myself about going to my very first ram game. my father took me to that game at the Coliseum in august of 1967. i was 6 almost 7 at the time. it was a preseason saturday night game against Dallas. coincidentally, both teams would lose to Green Bay in the playoffs, but that's another story. as for the game itself, my memories are sketchy at best. there is one photographic memory however that has stuck with me all these years. and that was how great the ram's uniforms looked under the bright lights. oh, and by the way the rams beat the cowboys that night 20-6. if anyone would like to share their own personal first game memories please do so...i'd love to hear 'em!

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Sept '83. Fourth game of season at Shea v Jets. Dickerson was rookie and ran wild for like 200 yards! :bow:

Last edited:

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Thanksgiving, 1971. Rams at Dallas, Rams wore blue jerseys. Loved the helmet . .. hooked since/

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
2002 the Rams here in Seattle. Marc bulger is 6-0 at the time gets hurt on the 4th play of the game and I have to suffer a Jamie Martin lead 30-10 defeat. If I remember right we were held to under 20 yards rushing... Faulk was hurt that game as well and hardly played at all.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
  • 1964 @ Coliseum...Rams V. Colts...First play from scrimmage: Unitas to Mackey for 80 and a TD...Kind of set the tone for the game...Other side, I went to St. Louis for the Rams -Packer game in 2003...Lots of cool Packer fans at the bar in the Holiday Inn Express and Jakes Steaks on the Landing for some good trash talk Saturday night...Rams win and the Packer fans took the ribbing well...And even bought some drinks for us...

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I can't remember who we were playing but it was at Busch Stadium...what I remember the most is Isaac Bruce making a big play and the "Whoop there it is" by Tag Team playing and the crowd chanting, "Bruce there it is".

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I'm have no connection to St. Louis, dads a steelers fan we live in Virginia. but in Fall 1999 after one of my fifth grade soccer practices. listening to a football game on the radio with my dad on the way home. Listening to how the announcer talked about this guy Warner and Faulk. it sounded almost magical. So I started following them and you know how the story ends . since then I've been watching football and watching the Rams for years on radio or TV when I could until finally getting Sunday ticket (thankyou God) but it was Bulgers last years by then.

fearsomefour

Legend
Vs Los Angeles Raiders, Monday Night Football. I can't remember the year. Rams lost and only scored 6 points.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Early in the 1979 season. Dave Elmendorf picked off Jim Hart twice in that game and the Rams blanked the Cards.

lunker

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanksgiving, 1971. Rams at Dallas, Rams wore blue jerseys. Loved the helmet . .. hooked since/
watched that game as well-hated it when i had to leave the tv set to eat. i've hated turkey ever since.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Vikings @ Rams 1974 17-20 Harris to Snow for the winner

3 friends and I went down to see the game. First time to LA "on our own" I remember parking and walking through part of the campus to get to the Coliseum. We had seats in the end zone and sat by some crazy fans who offered to shared their vodka and orange juice, never mind we were only in high school at the time we must have looked older:rolleyes:. Beautiful fall day, 101,000+ Rams brothers and sisters (mostly) and a Rams win

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
1990 in Foxboro MA. The Rams were playing the last place NE Patriots. Rams won and made the playoffs but if they had lost to the 2-13 Patriots they were out of the playoffs.

It was Christmas Eve and there were about 2000 fans at the game. I got to sit in the front row, but the seats were covered in ice and the tempature was about -4 degrees. Kevin Greene gave me a high five and almost broke my hand. George Bethune slapped me on the shoulder and almost broke my shoulder.....boy was it cold that day lol.

Irving Fryer dropped a ball in the end zone on a 2 yard pass from Doug Flutie with no time on the clock. Rams won...forget the score but it was like 20-17

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Love reading about the memories!
I still remember the wonder when you'd go through the tunnel and see the field for the first time and the players warming up, it always blew my mind
Went to mostly all the games the Rams played at Anaheim except for when my dad took his poker buddies to see the 49er games

BelgianRam

UDFA
Name
Timoty
London 2012 vs patriots. When the news broke that the rams were playing a game in London I got me a travel package the same day. There weren't many people happier on that day. Of course the game itself was fun for 2 minutes long td to givens (I still get Goosebumps watching replays of that), rest of the game was well what I should've known beforehand after 10 years of being a rams fan.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Nov. 29, 1981 - Rams @ Steelers (Three Rivers Stadium) the first head-to-head matchup since Super Bowl XIV. Was really hoping the Rams would avenge that loss, but it was not to be: Steelers 24 - Rams 0. Wendell Tyler was held to 19 rushing yards and Dan Pastorini threw 3 picks (he would be replaced by Pat Haden who also threw a pick).

This was the first of what turned out to be a trend for me: When the Rams are the road team and I'm in the stadium, they are 0-5.

I've been to 3 Rams games at Philadelphia (1995, 1998, 1999) and 1 Rams game at Baltimore (1996). I have given up attending Rams road games -- you're welcome.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1978 Rams at NY Giants in the Meadowlands. Somehow I had become a Rams fan, don't really know how. My dad got tickets to the game. I remember being there, and complaining how the Giants kept hitting Pat Haden late, finally they threw a flag on it in the 2nd half. I think I saw them play on tv before that game, I honestly dont remember. But I do remember being at that game.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
October 1988, Anaheim Stadium, vs. Seahawks. I had been a Rams fan for a quite a while by then. I was just getting out of the Navy, being discharged from Pearl Harbor, with my home being in Charlotte NC at the time. I had my car shipped to San Fran, but I made a detour to Anaheim on the way there to see my first Rams game.

The Rams won 31-10. Jim Everett threw for over 300 yards and 3 TD's, including one to Robert Delpino and another one to Aaron Cox. The Rams harassed the hell out of Seahawks QB Kelly Stouffer all day, and held their offense to a FG. The only TD they got was on a blocked kick returned for a TD, well after the game was all but decided. A great day for sure.