Reeder OUT for Viqueens

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Time for Devin White? Can he be worse than Rozeboom? At least he had at least one good season and a Pro Bowl behind him…

I am excited to see what Omar can do but we need a vet, from outside the building, alongside him

Toothsayer

Rookie
Name
Richard H Stee
If a 4th rounder & a mid player is the going price for an ILB of E. Jones' caliber, I don't see Snead doing it. Might as well let the young guys have an extended audition. All the hints from McVay are that it's been about experience vs real scheme/gameplans, right ? It's not like they haven't been looking to minimize the role already & have never valued it highly.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think Speights is going to be just fine. The early snaps weren't great, but he was immediately doing some good things. First play from scrimmage he filled hard and took on the blocker near the LOS, which is a far cry from Reeder waiting on the blocker to come to him. Just give the kid some time and let him settle in.

I think I'd go with Speights and Curl as the backers if it was up to me right now. I'd try that at least, as well as cycling Hummel in there. But Speights would be out there every down. Hopefully Shula will get comfortable enough with him to go that route.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
1000004076.jpg

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I rewatched the game just watching speights. I saw him in on 2 tackles. Really not much to judge. Didnt miss any tackles.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Dude is going to be a RBs worse nightmare come soon. Give him some play time.
He seems to be a liability in the passing game.Then again Jacob Hummel running around on a missed assignment,makes you wonder why not Speight ?

Let’s hope he builds on his experience & the extra 3 (10) days helps him ready with the game plan. The short week might have been the reason he wasn’t on the field more ?

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
He seems to be a liability in the passing game.Then again Jacob Hummel running around on a missed assignment,makes you wonder why not Speight ?

Let’s hope he builds on his experience & the extra 3 (10) days helps him ready with the game plan. The short week might have been the reason he wasn’t on the field more ?
Once Verse becomes an elite pass rusher there will be no passing game for us to worry about. This Defense is going to be a force.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think Speights is going to be just fine. The early snaps weren't great, but he was immediately doing some good things. First play from scrimmage he filled hard and took on the blocker near the LOS, which is a far cry from Reeder waiting on the blocker to come to him. Just give the kid some time and let him settle in.

I think I'd go with Speights and Curl as the backers if it was up to me right now. I'd try that at least, as well as cycling Hummel in there. But Speights would be out there every down. Hopefully Shula will get comfortable enough with him to go that route.
I wouldn’t DOG Reeder out !! Say as you want. Sort on the same page with Speights,but Hummel ??

I guess you think Reeder is going to miss next Sunday’s game ?? From listening to SHULA pre-Vikings game he seemed to think Reeder might have had a chance to even play? His quote more or less was Reeder will let us know if or when he is ready to go.

A lot changes week to week.We know the future is not Troy Reeder & the hope is Speights.I agree with that.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

I guess you think Reeder is going to miss next Sunday’s game ?? From listening to SHULA pre-Vikings game he seemed to think Reeder might have had a chance to even play?

No.

Reeder won't play on Sunday in Seattle.

Reeder is on Injured Reserve.

He went on IR before the Vikings' game.

Reeder has to sit-out a minimum of 4 games

dang

Legend
While I agree you have to take PFF game grades with a grain of salt. I often look to get some feedback I didn’t notice while watching.

A couple of interesting ratings from the Vikings game:

1) Despite 3 OL getting bottom 5 offensive player grades - the Rams were noticeably improved on offense. Due to quick passes, more good hard running from KW and return of Nacua/Kupp. Against a good defense.
2) I noticed Speights looking a little lost at first - but seemed to settle in. He had a great run defense grade and ended up top 3 graded defensive player.
3) Rozeboom was again graded poorly. bottom 3 this week. I gotta believe Rams see this and know they need to keep retooling the ILB corp if they want to compete with the big boys.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
While I agree you have to take PFF game grades with a grain of salt. I often look to get some feedback I didn’t notice while watching.

A couple of interesting ratings from the Vikings game:

1) Despite 3 OL getting bottom 5 offensive player grades - the Rams were noticeably improved on offense. Due to quick passes, more good hard running from KW and return of Nacua/Kupp. Against a good defense.
2) I noticed Speights looking a little lost at first - but seemed to settle in. He had a great run defense grade and ended up top 3 graded defensive player.
3) Rozeboom was again graded poorly. bottom 3 this week. I gotta believe Rams see this and know they need to keep retooling the ILB corp if they want to compete with the big boys.
Regarding the last part, I’d have thought the switch was coming after the bye week and not due to injury.

Sometimes the best way to get a rookie up to speed or see if he can handle real action is to get him some snaps or put him in a game, like say, the second half of a game they are losing like the Cardinals game. I don’t think the coaches always know who they should play in every circumstance. They played Bruss over Dedich. Dedich clearly looks like the better player.

I believe coaches have so much on their plate every week that they sometimes overlook things. Or that they are so busy and under pressure that deciding to play a UDFA over a vet can be a tough decision that they don’t really have time to seriously consider. For example, McVay said they’d evaluate what everyone did well and adjust accordingly during the bye week. It took the bye week to make some decisions on the players because they had time to stop and look around.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
No.

Reeder won't play on Sunday in Seattle.

Reeder is on Injured Reserve.

He went on IR before the Vikings' game.

Reeder has to sit-out a minimum of 4 games
I guess in away,is exactly what a lot of Rams Fans have been waiting for.

Thanks - guess I was a little in LaLA Land. I’ve always appreciated what Troy Reeder has done for The Rams.

This is and might be very interesting times 4 The Rams.
Once again I sort of have to LOL at Jourdan.All & all I like her as a reporter.(lol). I’ll just keep it to myself,but in seriousness The Rams could look for a LBer like EJ53 (lol) . Les Snead was shown looking from the game from a Rams suite. -

OMAR should get his big chance this week in practice & preparation.Sort of exciting how it plays out & how SEAN MCVAY has The Rams charting in the right direction from the storm.