PREGAME Recipe for Green Bay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If that is what I choose to do and if you don't like it that is what the ignore button is for. You ever hear of a little thing called "FREE SPEECH"!

star-wars-crash.gif

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
MICHEL needs to start this game. He needs to get 20+ carries so he can get into a rhythm. He is a physical element our offense sorely needs and I don't want to see Hendy's ass out there until the second quarter to ensure that Michel gets into a groove bumpin and thumpin around in there grounding this offense. The threat of that power on the ground will change the dynamic of what the defense presents.
As long as he can keep us in 3rd and short----I'm down.
In the last 3 games Hendy has averaged 6.4 , 5.0 , and 6.2 yards per carry
Michel with a respectable 5.0 , 2.9 , 4.7 he never saw more than 9 carries in those games.
I see your point with pounding Sony to soften up the defense and then bring in your speed on top
of it as well as keep injury risk to Hendy down.

The truth is we have shown that we can run on about anybody, but we're too busy trying to show
off our new toy(Stafford) to do it.

On offense you used the word ego to describe McVay and you may be right.
What I was seeing was a young overhyped coach who loses his patience way too
quickly or just not showing any patience at all.

And last but not least when we do pass we have to have more balance between
the play action-move the pocket game and the drop back game.

Can somebody forward these clips to McVay just so he knows we have two pretty damn good RB's

View: https://youtu.be/8xAngZR6VNM

View: https://youtu.be/FRWtH9UxbSs

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I'm sure someone has already said this but if not, our #1 most important "recipe" MUST be stacking the box whenever we can, single cover the recievers man on man, and stop the run.

IF we do not, if we cannot stop Green Bay's running game, we will not win. We will not even be close. THAT is the number one priority. Keep them under 100 yards rushing.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

First Look: Rams return from bye week to take on Packers in Green Bay​

Back from their bye week, the Rams (7-3) head to the midwest to take on the Packers (8-3) at Lambeau Field in Green Bay (1:25 p.m. PT, FOX).

In advance of the contest, here is your first look at Rams-Packers:

Notable Packers additions

Signed LB De'Vondre Campbell to a one-year deal on June 9: The sixth-year veteran, who signed with Green Bay after spending last season with the Arizona Cardinals, is capitalizing on another short-term deal, making a team-high 95 total tackles and registering one sack, three pass breakups, two interceptions, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery in 11 games. He's an important piece to the middle of the Packers' defense.

Acquired P Corey Bojorquez in a trade with the Rams on Sept. 4: After releasing Ryan Winslow in mid-August, Green Bay had a need at the position. They addressed it by acquiring Bojorquez (and a 2023 seventh-round pick) from Los Angeles in exchange for a 2023 sixth-round pick. Bojorquez's 46.8 yards per punt currently ranks as the fifth-highest average in the NFL.

Top performers in Week 11

QB Aaron Rodgers completed 23 of 33 pass attempts for 385 yards and four touchdowns in the Packers' 34-31 loss to the Vikings.

Starting in place of the injured Aaron Jones, second-year RB A.J. Dillon led the Packers' backfield with 11 carries for 53 yards.

WR Davante Adams led Green Bay's receivers with seven catches for 115 yards and two touchdowns, while WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling had four catches for 123 yards and one touchdown. TE Joseph Deguara (two receptions for 37 yards) accounted for Rodgers' other touchdown.

Campbell and S Darnell Savage led the Packers' defense with seven total tackles each; LB Preston Smith wasn't far behind with six total tackles and a forced fumble.

On special teams, K Mason Crosby converted 1 of 2 field goal attempts and all four extra point attempts, while Bojorquez averaged 51 yards per punt across two punts.

Early storylines to watch, and what they mean for the Rams

Similar to Week 10, the health of the opponent's offensive line is near the forefront.

Already without starting left tackle David Bakhtiari, who continues to work his way back from a knee injury, the Packers lost his replacement last week with Elgton Jenkins suffering a season-ending knee injury against the Vikings. And that's in addition to starting center Josh Myers being on Injured Reserve with a knee injury.

In other words, Green Bay heads into Week 12 down starters at two key positions along its offensive line – as Rodgers deals with a painful toe injury.

Taking advantage of such circumstances is easier said than done, though – just look at Rodgers' stat line from last week.

That places a premium on a strong performance by the Rams' pass rush this week, and perhaps the Rams' secondary as well, given how Rodgers was still able to adjust and the throws he made under pressure in the second half last week.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Here's another item as well, don't let the Pack convert 3rd and long, and keep them out of the end zone. Crosby has not had a good year, let's make him feel the pressure of needing to kick some FGs to stay in the game.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know what? I'm tired of relying on the weakness of the opponent through injuries for an advantage. There seems to be no advantage for us this year when the other team is playing back ups. It doesn't make sense, but let the other side be at full strength and if they beat our asses, then so be it. If the Rams are Pretenders, put me out of my misery.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gotta say I'm enjoying how he is playing the COVID angle. Not bad for a douche of a dude I might even start liking him soon. :laugh4:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

After multiple Thanksgiving gamedays, 2021 will present different routine for Stafford family​

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – Having spent his first 12 NFL seasons with the Lions, quarterback Matthew Stafford is accustomed to playing on Thanksgiving.
Year 13, though, will be different.

Stafford is 10 games into his first season with the Rams, who are playing on Sunday against the Packers – a departure from the usual Thursday gameday experience this time of year for him and his family.

"Way different for me than normal, but just like the rest of the NFL deals with," Stafford said after Wednesday's practice, when asked what Thursday will be like. "We'll figure out our schedule, go from there. And I'll be able to spend a little bit of time with the family, which is great. We're used to this in the NFL – you play on Christmas, you travel on Christmas, you play on Thanksgiving, travel on whatever it is. We just show up and go to work."

Though Thanksgiving involved work for Stafford, he still enjoyed it, and his family still had a fairly normal experience for the holiday.

"I loved playing on Thanksgiving – for the tradition, for the game, for all of that," Stafford said. "But at the same time, it was really nice because we went Thursday to Thursday one time, which was tough, but for all the other times, I was back at my house at 5, 5:30? Something like that. Being able to have a normal Thanksgiving meal, watch some football with your family, you almost felt like a fan there for a little bit. Had a bunch of family in town. We'd get back to the house and have food and dinner and all that kind of stuff. It was a lot of fun having the next couple of days off. You could eat leftovers and do all of that fun stuff."

Since he's playing on Sunday this year, Stafford will likely be taking a different approach to the following days. He said he's "definitely gonna have to take it easy, which is tough to do."

"But small sacrifices you have to make," Stafford said.

For Stafford's wife, Kelly, and their four young children, it will probably feel a little bit different being at home on Thanksgiving instead of a stadium like in recent years. Stafford said that back then, their kids were too young to know that they were on the field on Thanksgiving in Detroit.

Still, as they gather tomorrow, they will all look back fondly on those memories from the past 12 years while creating new ones.

"(Our kids) didn't know what's going on, but I'm sure they're gonna – I hope they're excited that I'm going to be home," Stafford said with a smile. "I think they will be, Kelly the same. But we did have a lot of time together even on those Thanksgiving games, as I was talking about a little bit earlier, being able to be done early, always home game, always the early game, had plenty of time after that. So, it's gonna be different, but we'll just figure it out as we go."

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Studying Davante Adams helped Cooper Kupp elevate his game​

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – About this time last year, Rams wide receiver Cooper Kupp's 11-catch, 145-yard performance against the Buccaneers caught the attention of Packers wide receiver Davante Adams – so much so that Adams offered high praise for Kupp on Twitter.

"Cooper Kupp is the most underrated receiver in the league," Adams wrote.

Kupp later quote-tweeted in reply: "Much love! That Tae Adams film study does wonders. But the guy 1-7 has my vote."

View: https://twitter.com/cooperkupp/status/1331115984904540160?s=21

On Sunday at Lambeau Field, both receivers – two of the NFL's most productive this season – will share the field when the Rams take on the Packers in Green Bay (1:25 p.m. pacific time, FOX).

Kupp leads the NFL in receiving yards (1,141) and is tied with Bucs wide receiver Mike Evans for the league-lead in receiving touchdowns (10). Although Adams has five touchdowns so far, his 979 receiving yards ranks third behind the 49ers' Deebo Samuel (994) and Kupp.

"First off, he's one of the best doing it right now," Kupp told theRams.com after Wednesday's practice. "I don't know if you can argue the best doing it right now, but what he's got going on, just the complete game, from – you want to come up and challenge him, he's got a great release package. You want to play off, he's still got a secondary release in being able to stick people, being able to put his foot in the ground and separate at the top of routes. If you want to give him space, he can do that, he can run past you. He's a very physical guy, he's got great body control. He runs down the field and catches the back-shoulders. He kind of does everything, and in that offense they utilize him, they take advantage of every single thing they can, all of his biggest strengths. He's a really fun receiver to watch. A lot of stuff that we do, some of the combination concepts, some of the things that we do matches up with some of the stuff Green Bay does and (head coach Matt) LaFleur and that offense, and so it's been fun to be able to kind of grab some things from him, some of the tools that he uses, and try to incorporate that a little bit."

Kupp first began studying Adams when he arrived in the NFL as a third-round pick by the Rams in 2017. Kupp said he had seen some of things Adams – a 2014 second-round pick – was doing, but also made it clear that wasn't to suggest he wasn't doing things before. What Kupp appreciates about Adams is the way he has continued to ascend in his career and not become complacent with where he's at, improving every year.

"I got a lot of respect for someone like that, who can perform at a high level year-in and year-out, and just continue to do it," Kupp said. "It's pretty special. It tells you a lot about him and his character, and what he's about as a football player."

Kupp said that "wide receiver is an art form," pointing out, as an example, how Terrell Owens played the game differently than Wes Welker. There are different ways for receivers to separate from their defender. They each have different strengths, different ways to "just get up and make plays."
Tempo is one of the things Adams excels at, and something Kupp tries to incorporate pieces of into his own skillset.

"He plays the game like point guard does basketball, right?" Kupp said. "If you just go full speed all the time, you're an easy cover. But when you're constantly mixing up your tempos, they don't know what to expect. You don't know when that sudden burst is coming, when that stop is coming. It makes it really difficult. He does an incredible job with that, all within staying within the timing and rhythm of the concepts and plays and the rapport he's got with (quarterback) Aaron (Rodgers), who's also great at feeling that kind of stuff out. It makes for a pretty special combination."

Perhaps a jersey swap between the two players will follow after the conclusion of Sunday's game, but the mutual respect between both receivers is already pretty clear.

"That was really cool of him," Kupp said, when asked what it was like to earn that unsolicited recognition from Adams. "Someone that's playing at the top of the game. It was pretty cool to finish up the Bucs game and see that."